Hawker Hunter

RacoonE69

En 18/10/2022 a las 9:54, rkk01 dijo:

There was a Hunter showcased on Facebook - looked and sounded good, but haven’t heard anything much more about it…

Would be a great addition to DCS

Hi!

It would certainly be a contribution to DCS.
Does what you mention on facebook refer to a digital model or a real hunter?

And the sound.....

....the blue note:

• Like 1

Was drawn out of the house by that noise a few years back…

Was the uniquely painted F58, Miss Demeanour on a climbing turn out of St Athan…

Thinking back it must have been pre-2015, before the UK Hunters were grounded after the Shoreham air crash of August that year😢

From Target Aviation Photography…

F88A8CBA-02F0-40AF-BB9F-099DE9B9030D.jpeg

And shown in the Mach Loop, image recently popped up in my Facebook feed

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=177923464811231&id=100077807365552&set=a.174329695170608&__cft__[0]=AZUsc-DuJ23qFEE-V8orBLV-gtEAuoOvkyAO28rO68lZGhSgEy-8BSRs31k3281XMSjrGe_ozWs26x9Dz3PEdi1isHBJkC0wJDJRKbwvyeTgrYiuiPjvMHomABxxI16jBGDcMNUPMlGliGW4OPkT5mNPtDioTh2okDZkpf4u6ZmabM0t1zWWb6OWpiCzqwa-L5rwzWpsKcx9ZMObNxNYsgL1&__tn__=EH-R

https://www.thunder-and-lightnings.co.uk/hunter/survivor.php?id=408

Now, sadly, in Canada with a normal camo scheme

Would be a fantastic addition to DCS…

… Where ARE the UK based devs…🙁

• Like 1

Link to previous thread with Facebook link / images to the Foxtrot Oscar Facebook page…

Hhhhmmmm “Foxtrot Oscar”….! 🤔🤨🧐… let me think about that😮

Anyway, the forward link to Team Viper, in the FO FB, seems to show Hunters displaying in both civvysim and in DCS, with comments about the Hunter model imports into DCS.

Either way, it certainly SOUNDS good on that formation break vid

1 hour ago, joey45 said:

If it's that spencer guy then don't get your hopes up...

🙄

indeed…

BUT - the range of countries the Hunter served, and conflicts fought - including a number of DCS map arenas… too good to be overlooked

Directly operated by countries on the following DCS maps…

- Persian Gulf

- Syria

- South Atlantic

- Kola

- ETA, Sinai

(and of course Channel / Normandy 2, which probably aren’t too bad a fit for 1950s NW Europe)

From what I’ve read, that 30mm ADEN cannon is one of the best fighter cannons ever fielded (with the French DEFA cousin as in the F1…)  

And the Hunter has 4 - that’s quite a punch!

Would absolutely love to see the Hunter in DCS, and would make an interesting adversary pairing with a MiG-17…

Edited by rkk01
  • Like 2

En 20/10/2022 a las 5:45, rkk01 dijo:

Link to previous thread with Facebook link / images to the Foxtrot Oscar Facebook page…

Hhhhmmmm “Foxtrot Oscar”….! 🤔🤨🧐… let me think about that😮

Anyway, the forward link to Team Viper, in the FO FB, seems to show Hunters displaying in both civvysim and in DCS, with comments about the Hunter model imports into DCS.

Either way, it certainly SOUNDS good on that formation break vid

Thanks for the link. Didn't know there was already another post on the forum.
Now, hopefully the work of these developers is still in force, there are certainly interested parties. And when they know the power of the plane, there will be many more. I really love this bird 😍

• 1 month later...

It's long overdue for the Hunter to enter the DCS world. In view of the very strong trend towards Cold War scenarios in DCS and the introduction of the new Sinai map, this aircraft would be a great addition to the DCS community. Some attributes of this plane:

-        Extremely capable airplane

-        Remembered by its pilots as a sheer delight to fly

-        A total of 1985 were build

-        Many claim it is the most beautiful fighter plane ever built

-        It has served with 19 air arms around the world

-        A long successful career from 1953 until well into the 90s (more than 40 years!)

-        In action in major conflicts: Sinai-Suez War 1956, Yemen 1962-70, Borneo 1962-66, Indo-Pak Wars 1963-71, Rhodesia 1965-80, 6-Day War 1967, Yom Kippur / October War 1973, 1st Gulf Was 1980.

-        Many of these scenarios can be represented with the maps Gulf, Syria and the upcoming Sinai.

All these facts promise good business for the module developers. Does it need more arguments to make this icon of military aviation?

• Like 3

• 3 months later...

Such a shame the Hunter isn't represented in DCS. Such duels are unfortunately not possible for the time being in DCS and it looks as if they will not be possible in the foreseeable future either. Maybe I should switch to the other simulator. Enjoy this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KdRItwa9eAo

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, foxmagnet said:

I would like modernized variant like Swiss airforce Hunter Mk.58. This way you can have some kind of downward compatibility. Just bare bones hunter with ADENs for 1950s sinario and RWR/flare/aim-9ps/Mavericks for 1980s sinario.

I like the way you think. Also that later variant would be right up my alley, a day one buy for sure. I love the idea of a mid 1950s airframe updated for the 1980s. The late cold War is my personal favorite era of military aviation. That and WWII. Also a late hunter with Mavericks would give the European theater a proper European attack jet. Judging from how many post are in this thread and the star rating I suspect it would sell well. 

Special trait of MK.58 fleet is that they can be fitted with multiple 8cm Oerlikon rocket rails on its wings (Maximum 10 rockets per each wing IIRC). Here are some photos from https://web.archive.org/web/20140808061757/http://www.lw.admin.ch/internet/luftwaffe/de/home/themen/history/mittelaus/hunter/bewaffnung.html

8cm quad.jpeg8cm dual.jpeg

They are installed in a way they don't interfere with other pylons.

This way you can fly with wing tank, AAM and rockets at the same time.

• 1 month later...