Trouble un-designating "FRIENDS" only while in TWS

Willie Nelson
Go to solution Solved by rob10,

NWS/undesignate pushbutton works fine to cycle targets while in TWS but once I inadvertantly lock up a "FRIEND" I can't seem to unsedignate without selecting "SIL" OSB or turning radar to standby momentarily. 

Has anyone else had this issue? I thought previously that there may have been more discussion about it but I can't seem to find anything. 

i7700k OC to 4.8GHz with Noctua NH-U14S (fan) with AORUS RTX2080ti 11GB Waterforce. 32GDDR, Warthog HOTAS and Saitek rudders. HP Reverb.

You can also move the horizontal or vertical scan outside of the target area..l

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

On 10/22/2022 at 8:09 AM, rob10 said:

Use RESET on OSB 14 of the radar.  That will remove whatever L+S and/or DT2 targets you have assigned.

I understand that would work as would selecting silent for a time or temporarily turning the radar off but surely I should be able to simply “undesignate”. Is it not possible that this is a bug?

Edited by Willie Nelson

i7700k OC to 4.8GHz with Noctua NH-U14S (fan) with AORUS RTX2080ti 11GB Waterforce. 32GDDR, Warthog HOTAS and Saitek rudders. HP Reverb.

Nope.  Apparently it is correct as is.  In TWS the NWS/Undesignate button sets highest priority track under sweep as L+S, cycles between 8 highest priority targets, or swaps L+S and DT2 if both are set.  So no really no way for it to be used to undesignate.

1 hour ago, rob10 said:

Nope.  Apparently it is correct as is.  In TWS the NWS/Undesignate button sets highest priority track under sweep as L+S, cycles between 8 highest priority targets, or swaps L+S and DT2 if both are set.  So no really no way for it to be used to undesignate.

Of course, that does make sense now that you put it that way. Thanks. 

1 hour ago, Brass2-1 said:

Undesignate does function to “undesignate” in A-G mode, STT and RWS, but in TWS it serves only to cycle through tracks as stated above. 

It steps L&S in RWS as well, provided LTWS is selected.

• Like 1

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

On 10/24/2022 at 3:14 AM, rob10 said:

How comes , when cycling tracks, friendly aircrafts are designated in the first place ?

Friendly aircraft should be the lowest priority to be designated when stepping through tracks.

I don't believe this is the case in DCS.

• Like 1

1A100.png?format=1500w  

Virtual CVW-8 - The mission of Virtual Carrier Air Wing EIGHT is to provide its members with an organization committed to presenting an authentic representation of U.S. Navy Carrier Air Wing operations in training and combat environments based on the real world experience of its real fighter pilots, air intercept controllers, airbosses, and many others.

1 hour ago, Yuriks said:

Good point. I would also think IFF should prevent locking on \ shooting any radar guided middle to a friend.   

This is not the case IRL, there are a lot of measures in place to prevent fratricide but ID does not inhibit launch.

1A100.png?format=1500w  

Virtual CVW-8 - The mission of Virtual Carrier Air Wing EIGHT is to provide its members with an organization committed to presenting an authentic representation of U.S. Navy Carrier Air Wing operations in training and combat environments based on the real world experience of its real fighter pilots, air intercept controllers, airbosses, and many others.