|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

Love it!

PC: 5800X3D/4090, 11700K/3090, 9900K/2080Ti.

Joystick bases: TMW, VPC WarBRD, MT50CM2, VKB GFII, FSSB R3L

Joystick grips: TM (Warthog, F/A-18C), Realsimulator (F-16SGRH, F-18CGRH), VKB (Kosmosima LH, MCG, MCG Pro), VPC MongoosT50-CM2

Throttles: TMW, Winwing Super Taurus, Logitech Throttle Quadrant, Realsimulator Throttle (soon)

VR: HTC Vive/Pro, Oculus Rift/Quest 2, Valve Index, Varjo Aero, https://forum.dcs.world/topic/300065-varjo-aero-general-guide-for-new-owners/

These look great and I understand product promotion, but I wouldn't mind getting also some shots and vids NOT done at hours with low sun position :). In DCS, "golden hours" make every map look good, but noon hours are a different matter (as Normandy 1 is the unfortunate example of).

There's also a question of optimization and performance impact of all this eyecandy - Spitfire vid shows severe stuttering over built-up area (though we don't know what hardware it was recorded on). We'll just have to wait and see I guess.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

37 minutes ago, Art-J said:

There's also a question of optimization and performance impact of all this eyecandy - Spitfire vid shows severe stuttering over built-up area (though we don't know what hardware it was recorded on). We'll just have to wait and see I guess.

Maybe those stutters are on your playing device? I'm watching full screen highest quality on PC and there're no stutters at all.

• Like 1

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

17 часов назад, fapador сказал:

Can someone post two screenshots to see and compare the color difference with normandy 1.0?

You can see in these comparison screenshots

1666424794272.JPEG

1666424794321.JPEG

forest.jpg

image.jpeg

Edited by MAESTR0
  • Like 31
  • Thanks 6

I look forward to seeing if I can find my way round London and drive down to Dover. 

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Great minds think alike; idiots seldom differ.":pilotfly:

i5 3750K@4.3Ghz, MSI Z77A GD55, 8GB DDR3, Palit GTX 670, 24" Benq@1920*1080, X52 Pro, Win 7 64bit.

@Ala13_ManOWar Yup, I'm watching it in highest quality YT can offer on PC as well, and there's quite a lot of stuttering in first dozen or so seconds when the player looks sideways towards the buildings. Granted, it becomes smoother once he gest to airbase and fields. Let's hope it's just a result of whatever video capture software he was using during that flight.

I like the later comparison shots BTW.

• Like 2

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

27 minutes ago, Art-J said:

@Ala13_ManOWar Yup, I'm watching it in highest quality YT can offer on PC as well, and there's quite a lot of stuttering in first dozen or so seconds when the player looks sideways towards the buildings. Granted, it becomes smoother once he gest to airbase and fields. Let's hope it's just a result of whatever video capture software he was using during that flight.

Dunno, I might see a slight lowering in FPS, a bit, and at the place you say in the very beginning over plenty of houses, but "stutter"? I don't see any stutter at all by the way the same I clearly saw them in the initial Syria videos or Normandy v1.0 when first released, those were pretty obvious. So, as far as it keeps like that in the whole map bearing in mind it's still unreleased, unoptimized and unpolished, it's good for my money.

• Like 2

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

3 hours ago, MAESTR0 said:

You can see in these comparison screenshots

Thanks!

Indeed the green shade seems more realistic and more Normandy like... Normandy 1.0 is far too light (washed out) color shade in too large areas.

This is also why, I always lower gamma (move to larger values) when I play Normandy map because it slightly improves it...

Although I believe  more random placed spots of brighter shades of green could have possibly made the scenery even more realistic as the  color uniformity will  not be so even then and perhaps  appeal more to the eye.

some real photos to compare:

aerial-view-chateau-gaillard-ruined-medieval-castle-les-andelys-town-normandy-france_261932-4743.jpg

601-2_601-9276_small.jpg

Edited by fapador

Obsessed with FM's