DCS: Normandy 2.0 preview

MAESTR0

any judging of the map by me is only going to be done after the release of the map now, because i believe enough has been said and taken on by Ugra that saying anymore is likely Going to repeat information already said, along as Ugra listen to the community regularly which looks like they are planning to continue on doing everything should go great after release 

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

1) First iteration Normandy 1.0 was with no accurate wood and forest shapes regarding real historical map from above view.  

2) Syria map (  very beautifull map ) still have huge ram leak problem when using many units and scripting in Multiplayer. 

No more eyecandy needed inside town  :  small details are beautifull but perf consuming. 

AS a WWII guy, If point 1 and 2 are accurate and reliable, so i'll be interrested no matter i already have normandy 1.0 and channel map ( this one is very good but way to small in size) 

• Like 2

i7-10700KF CPU  3.80GHz - 32 GO Ram - - nVidia RTX 2070 -  SSD Samsung EVO with LG  TV screen 40"  in 3840x2150 -  cockpit scale 1:1

- MS FFB2 Joystick  - COUGAR F16 throttle  - Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

On 12/10/2022 at 3:26 AM, snowsniper said:

No more eyecandy needed inside town  :  small details are beautifull but perf consuming.

This tbh.  As beautiful and detailed as those towns and villages are, I'm never going to see them from my cockpit.

• Like 1

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

47 minutes ago, gavagai said:

This tbh.  As beautiful and detailed as those towns and villages are, I'm never going to see them from my cockpit.

This is no issue thanks to LODs and render distances. You can't stop the gfx development in the name of performance on old hw.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

21 minutes ago, draconus said:

This is no issue thanks to LODs and render distances. You can't stop the gfx development in the name of performance on old hw.

My hardware is pretty new, thanks.  Now, like I said, I'm never going to see that stuff from my cockpit.  So why spend the time making it?

• Like 1

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

Helo guys, and CA ones as well, see it all. I'm quite positive they do 🤣 . Otherwise we would be flying flat 8bit colours, o even grid graphic to this day. It's not the one or the other, a balance is nice to have, and small detail also, maybe not too much in order to run it but as far as it's playable why not?

Edited by Ala13_ManOWar
  • Like 3

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

Yeah, I thought of Helos, but this is a WW2 map.  If people are going to run CA with WW2 stuff then you have a point.  Might as well have it.  Has CA improved at all lately?

• Like 1

I'm all for extra detail if (and that's a big IF) LODs and render distances are well implemented. That wasn't the case, however, when Ugra's Syria was released first (while ED's Marianas is still in performance shambles), so I'm not surprised some might be concerned about upcoming N2 optimisation.

Edited by Art-J
  • Like 3

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

30 minutes ago, gavagai said:

Yeah, I thought of Helos, but this is a WW2 map.  If people are going to run CA with WW2 stuff then you have a point.  Might as well have it.  Has CA improved at all lately?

It depends on what you mean by lately. WWII vehicles weren't drivable, a time ago they started to implement it and now many of them are, cars, tanks, hope some flak like in modern stuff, whatever. Do people use CA in WWII? I wouldn't know, but they should, I think it's a nice feature having CA available in WWII stuff.

• Like 1

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

• 3 weeks later...

Is the release of Normandy 2.0 far away?

• Like 1

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

5 hours ago, Nirvi said:

First post of the Normandy 2 FAQ thread:

When will it release?

The intent is to release into Early Access before the end of 2022. However, this may extend into early 2023 based on testing results.

Today would be acceptable. :smoke:

• Like 2

Some of the planes, but all of the maps!

I'm really looking forward to this month's OB update. Of course, I don't really care if it's this month or the next, since I have no space left for it, and I'll only be able to get a new SSD in February. I'll buy it (in fact, I bought The Channel with the express intention of getting a discount on Normandy 2.0 🙂 ), but it's going to take some time before I can get it installed.

Development is a complex process.  Some times you make advancements that you can showcase weekly, others you are coding how a building could collapse or something similar that could take weeks and you have nothing to show for.  That's why some folks like Heatblur will show nothing until release, while others like Razbam show continuous updates and everyone gets anxious as to when it's coming.

I'm sure that when they have something to show, they will do so with as much flare as possible.

Rafa.

• Like 1

I'm Dragon in the Multiplayer servers.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi
The Normandy2 map  is nearing completion. The development team would like to thank the participants of the DCS Forum for their great interest in the project and for their active participation in the discussion of the first results shown last fall. On the map added the original airfield Orly and standart airfields Stoney Cross, Lymington, Odiham, Deadland, Friston, Amiens-Glisy, Poix, Ronai, which were important for this theater. The total number of airfields will be 65. In recent months, considerable effort has been devoted to the task of streamlining the project, and a great deal of work has been done to adjust the color scheme of the whitewashed component parts of the project - buildings, fields, and trees. Much attention was paid to the original objects of Paris and London, including famous historical monuments. Transport and military infrastructure have been worked out in detail.

Original objects

Экран_230127_170947.jpg

Экран_230119_145208.jpg

Экран_230119_150846.jpg

Экран_230124_112826.jpg

Экран_230119_160103.jpg

Экран_230119_143620.jpg

Airfields
(Thanks to the guys from the forum, they made the changes that were possible)
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

Экран_230204_222919.jpg

What time is it now? 🕒 🙃

Edited by MAESTR0
  • Like 26
  • Thanks 3

I can't wait to rifle a Maverick into T-90 holding that Westminster bridge! 

• Like 1

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta

I am going to buy this map for sure, but I still don't like the colors and the contrast of the textures. It looks cartoonish. In my opinion the colors should be less saturated and increase the contrast. It should look like this image.

img1.jpg

• Like 6