Can't use both monitors

moggel

hmmm how you make 3 camera view and shkval+abris in 3 monitor ? i think i dont now get something :)

but the basic monitor config start at option file there you must count ur total resolution what game use so 3x1920= 5760 what u put in option file resolution.

look this line in option

["width"] = 5760,

then aspect= 5760/1080 what is ur total height= 5.3

now you can test that go example multiplayer and you should see logo go all screens

REMEMBER change fullscreen=disabled.

YOU need run bs window mode if use 2,3 monitor

then look example monitor conf ecample 3 screen monitor and you should see how u make there look what u want. if not tell me what you want where monitor so i can help you with monitor file

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh i forgot windows 7 put that file some other place if that uac or somethin is on wich protect windows files or somethink like that try use windows search and look that option file or look forum where that win 7 put black shark files

OK , have tried changing ula files in as many different ways , no luck still all displayed on one screen ...even used Phantom mointor Fix ...no luck , al displayed on a singke display .

In the NV Control pannel both screens are set as single dsktop , altough can not get task bar across both monitors .

So once again

Win 7 64 bit

GTX 285

2 x 1920 x 1080 monitors

Would like to get shkval on one screen and cockpit on the other .

I do have 3rd monitor but not using it at the mommnet .

Wil start using it when I get second GTX 285 so that I can runn it in SLI mode and then will attach third screen .....so for that configuration would liek to be able to run 3 camera mode .

ah u cant get task bar in all monitors in vista or windows 7 becouse drm or something like that

first you arrange monitor in line 1,2,3 monitor in windows monitor place where change resolutions and other stuff

when you got windows background pic you know monitors work

forget that taskbar in all monitor task bar only show first one "primary monitor"

then change that bs resolution in option file and dont use notepad that can broke that blackshark files. use example notepad++ look google that

and FIRST use only single monitor config

and edit first that option file

you see when go multiplayer example that work when u got multiplayr gui across all screens then we can talk more monitor config filei put you here monitor file soon 2 monitor res.

try look here more help

http://www.vaaf.net/wiki2/index.php5?title=Black_Shark_MultiMonitors

ok forum not keep text lines so that go big mess

ok find this file

options.lua:

and change rows

["aspect"] = 3.55, this tell game what is your monitor config aspect ratio and you need use that 3.55

["height"] = 1080, this tell game which is total height in ur monitors

["width"] = 3840, this tell game which is total resolution in game

after this if all is ok you example see multiplayer lobby across all monitor and then you know that is near to work

Edited by Nasty

• 4 months later...

Help !!!!!!!!! newbie

Post your 2 lua files and a screenshot of your windows multiple monitor settings.

And the resolutions

Hi Guys, i have tried to understand what is going on here so i can set my sim up right on 2 monitors but have managed to break it 2 times... so time to ask for help.

i have a laptop with Vista running 1 1920x1080 onboard screen and attached to the HD port another 1920x1080 screen.

how they heck do i simply get the 2 screen mode of black shark V1.0.2 to run...

i want (MAIN SCREE) + (GUN SIGHT) both at 1920x1080 rez.

i would really appriciate your help.

YOU ARE THE KINGS :joystick::joystick::joystick::joystick::doh::doh::doh::doh:

• 2 weeks later...

tried everything, doesnt work

Ok here we go. i read the whole thread. And tbh. although the instructions are clear, the wiki page is awesome and the excel file was great too....no success.

I have main monitor 1920x1080 in the centre. Second monitor on the left 1680x1050

i want on the left the Shkval, abris etc.

I really tried everything w and w/o the phantom tool.

as i read more deeply in the advises from two guys on page 18/19 from this thread i tried to search for an options.lua on my c drive (my game is installed on a different drive) but couldnt find a single file. not even the folder does exist (users/appdata/ eagle dynamics etc)

do i have to create this virtual folder ?

C:\Users\YOUR USER NAME \AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Eagle Dynamics\Ka-50\BlackShark\data\scripts

anyway when i try it w/o the phantom fix tool, every setting i try (aspect ratio etc.) will result on NOTHIN is shown on the left, all screens are on my main (half is helicopter view, other half is part of the shkval, abris etc.)

when i use the pahntom tool i get a better result, but still the helicoptor view is too large and goes beyond the main screen onto the left, so its nice i have a huge helicoptor view but ^^ its not what i expect.

so again, i use win 7, nvidia graphics, my PC is fast enough to do this in window mode.

1. where is my options.lua on c: ? cant find it

2. which options i have to use for my options.lua and the "mysetup.lua" in the other file ?

if u need screens and more info i will give it to you, but it really looks like i have the "cant find the correct file on c:" problem :-)

• 1 month later...

Triple H2G on xp

Hello everyone! If any one is familiar with the Vaaf wiki post i would like to know if at the bottom where it shows the Triple H2G ABRIS+Shkval which is shown for Vista is written differently for XP?.

System:

Windows XP

3 screens on matrox Triple H2G + 4 screen in other screen port

Black Shark.

Goal: to get cockpit on the 3 screen and ABRISS+Shkval on 4th screen.

Been working this for a few days, read tons of post and worked the Vaaf post by the numbers.

All i can figure is, the way the Lua file is written for xp or vista/7 is different.

Ex: in the top of the post where it says XP full screen the values shown for the screens is shown as * screen.width /2* and in the bottom excel file shown for vista there given as actual resolution *width= 3840*.

If so any idea how to set the values for the triple H2G + 4 screen in the xp system?

Problem solved!!

I figured it out!!!! had to change the way i was writing the values. It took a lot of fine tuning the numbers to get everything in the right place but i got it there. If anyone is would like to see the script, let me know and i will post it. :thumbup:

I figured it out!!!! had to change the way i was writing the values. It took a lot of fine tuning the numbers to get everything in the right place but i got it there. If anyone is would like to see the script, let me know and i will post it. :thumbup:

You mind posting your script or PM'ing me it please? I've got a new setup with my smaller monitor on the left instead of right and for the life of me can't get it setup right. Any help would be appreciated.

Funny enough, my smaller monitor is monitor1, while my 27" is monitor2 and the main default display.

Well....i would love to post it but it got deleted...long story! So i have to re-write it, that being said i'm using Triple Head 2 go, so i can not use horazontal spanning, i went with dual view and flipped the monitors in the graphics card control panel. once i had that, i changed the values in the config based on the Vaaf thread. If your using XP, use the xp full screen templete then change the values to meet your screen size (i.e. screen.width 4/2, i changed to 3/2.) i will re wite the script and post it though as soon as i can.

Important note: i am using the updated game version which does away with the phantom moniter need.

Edited by Lonewolf45

Hello All,

it has been a long time since I posted on this, but, I have been hellish busy with work and family, and so havent played much. I just upgraded to 1.02 and it drove me completely berserk trying to get multi monitors to work, but, its quite simple you need to add the following lines to the top of your monitor scripts:

_  = function(p) return p; end;
name = _('Camera+Shkval+ABRIS');

where "name=_('" What ever your file is called "') ;"

So my Camera+Shkval+ABRIS.lua file looks like this:

_  = function(p) return p; end;
name = _('Camera+Shkval+ABRIS');
Description = 'Cockpit camera on the left monitor and ABRIS & Shkval on the left monitor'
Viewports =
{
    Center =
    {
         x = 0;
         y = 0;
         width = 1920;
         height = screen.height;
         viewDx = 0;
         viewDy = 0;
         aspect = 1.6;
    }
}
ABRIS =
{
   x = 1920; -- starts at the left of the secondary screen, 1920
   y = 0;
   width = 640; -- half the secondary screen pixel width
   height = 1024; -- full height of the secondary screen
}
Shkval =
{
   x = 2560; -- as the Shkval starts at the second half of the right monitor, this is  1920 (the main view width) plus half of 1280 (halfway across the right monitor width)
   y = 0;
   width = 640; -- half of 1024, the secondary monitor width
   height = 512; -- to keep the aspect correct, half the height of the secondary screen
}

Hope this helps some people

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

Ok here we go. i read the whole thread. And tbh. although the instructions are clear, the wiki page is awesome and the excel file was great too....no success.

I have main monitor 1920x1080 in the centre. Second monitor on the left 1680x1050

i want on the left the Shkval, abris etc.

I really tried everything w and w/o the phantom tool.

as i read more deeply in the advises from two guys on page 18/19 from this thread i tried to search for an options.lua on my c drive (my game is installed on a different drive) but couldnt find a single file. not even the folder does exist (users/appdata/ eagle dynamics etc)

C:\Users\YOUR USER NAME \AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Eagle Dynamics\Ka-50\BlackShark\data\scripts

anyway when i try it w/o the phantom fix tool, every setting i try (aspect ratio etc.) will result on NOTHIN is shown on the left, all screens are on my main (half is helicopter view, other half is part of the shkval, abris etc.)

when i use the pahntom tool i get a better result, but still the helicoptor view is too large and goes beyond the main screen onto the left, so its nice i have a huge helicoptor view but ^^ its not what i expect.

so again, i use win 7, nvidia graphics, my PC is fast enough to do this in window mode.

1. where is my options.lua on c: ? cant find it

2. which options i have to use for my options.lua and the

"mysetup.lua" in the other file ?

if u need screens and more info i will give it to you, but it really looks like i have the "cant find the correct file on c:" problem :-)

1) Geta copy of Notepad++, to edit the files do not use notepad, if you don't you will break the LUA files http://notepad-plus-plus.org/

2) If youre using 1.01 or later then the phantom monitor fix won't work and you don't need it, take it out

3)

DO NOT Make changes in the virtual directory, it wont help and may just break you!

3) There are two files you need to change or create:

a) options.lua file and the file which is located of the install directory at C:\Games\Eagle Dynamics\Ka-50\BlackShark\data\scripts\options.lua, based on my install directory of "C:\Games"

you need to edit the graphics section options lua file to be:

["graphics"] = 
   {
       [color=darkorange]["multiMonitorSetup"] = "my_shkval+abris+camera",
[/color]        ["color"] = "32",
       ["heatBlr"] = 1,
       ["scenes"] = "high",
       ["water"] = 2,
       ["fullScreen"] = false,
       ["visibRange"] = "High",
       [color=darkorange]["aspect"] = 1.77[/color],
       ["textures"] = 2,
       ["shadows"] = 3,
       ["effects"] = 3,
       [color=darkorange]["width"] = 3600[/color],
       ["lights"] = 2,
       [color=darkorange]["height"] = 1080[/color],
       ["civTraffic"] = 1,
       [color=darkorange]["resolution"] = "3600x1080",
[/color]        ["haze"] = 1,

The highlighted lines are the ones you need to change!

b) you then need to create the file my_shkval+abris+camera.lua using notepad++ in the folder C:\Games\Eagle Dynamics\Ka-50\Config\MonitorSetup\, if you have installed your game in a different directory then it will be relative from Ka-50.

[color=lime]_  = function(p) return p; end;
name = _('my_Shkval+Camera+ABRIS');
[/color]Description = 'Shkval on the left monitor,ABRIS on the right and camera on the center';
Viewports =
{
    Center =
    {
         x = 1680;
         y = 0;
         width = 1920;
         height = 1080;
         viewDx = 0;
         viewDy = 0;
         aspect = 1.77;
    }
}
Shkval =
{
    x = 0;
    y = 0;
    width = 840;
    height = 525;
}
ABRIS =
{
    x = 840;
    y = 0;
    width = 840;
    height = 1050;
}

if you are not using 1.02 you don't need the first two lines higlighted

hope that helps

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

• 3 months later...

Hi,

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but since I have a problem regarding this, I thought it would be best to post my problem here.

I got a second monitor today, for the purposes of displaying the shkval and abris (and MFCD's for the A-10C, but I got those working correctly.).

In single player it works fine, but in mp, the screen is veryvery weird, like half the user interface is... gone (can post a picture if necessary)..

If someone could have a look at my lua's, that would be great.

My options.lua:

["multiMonitorSetup"] = "shkval+camera+abris - copy",

["color"] = "32",

["heatBlr"] = 1,

["scenes"] = "high",

["water"] = 2,

["fullScreen"] = false,

["visibRange"] = "High",

["aspect"] = 2.9,

["textures"] = 2,

["shadows"] = 2,

["effects"] = 3,

["width"] = 3046,

["lights"] = 1050,

["height"] = 1050,

["civTraffic"] = 0,

["resolution"] = "1680x1050",

And my cam.lua

_ = function(p) return p; end;

name = _('Shkval+Camera+ABRIS2');

Description = 'Shkval on the left monitor,ABRIS on the right and camera on the center';

Viewports =

{

Center =

{

x = 0;

y = 0;

width = 1680;

height = 1050;

viewDx = 0;

viewDy = 0;

aspect = 1.6;

}

}

Shkval =

{

x = 1680;

y = 0;

width = 512;

height = 384;

}

ABRIS =

{

x = 2300;

y = 0;

width = 576;

height = 768;

}

Cheers,

Edited by MTFDarkEagle
Typo

hey eagle what drivers you using?

also recheck you lua, I see you put your lights at 1050?

Edited by Mastiff

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Hi Eagle,

This is a bug with the DCS series. The multiplayer menu is actually not generated using code that scales to the "main" screen window (like the single player does).

Until they fix this, you have to go into the res resource files and edit the location of the buttons so that they move within your screen view so you can click them to start the game.

There's a few people posted some common res file edits that move the buttons may work for you. I have gone back to single screen as it's too hard to make this work perfect in multplayer, and also I like the high framerate of single screen.

Good luck!

Pimax Crystal VR & Simpit User | Ryzen CPU & Nvidia RTX GPU | Some of my mods

• 2 weeks later...

Okay - read through the whole thread, but...

I'm trying to get the whole setup vertically stretched.

OS is W7 x64.

Problem: Primary monitor is the lower one, res. 1680x1050.

Secondary monitor is stacked on top of primary one - res. 1280x1024.

Coordinates of secondary monitor are 0, -1024.

I'd like to have Shkval on the secondary.

If I set the secondary below the primary (this would be an acceptable workaround), I'm unable to join any aircraft in multiplayer - I don't want to edit the res.-files because of fear for protected servers.

So - any idea on setting it up the way I'd like?

Settings in the options.lua:

[..]

["width"] = 1680,

["height"] = 2074,

["resolution"] = "1680x2074",

[..]

Settings in the according multimonitor-lua:

Viewports =

{

Center =

{

x = 0;

y = 0;

width = 1680;

height = 1050;

viewDx = 0;

viewDy = 0;

aspect = 1.6;

}

}

Shkval =

{

x = 0;

y = -1024;

width = 1280;

height = 1024;

aspect = 1.25;

}

BS starts displaying the content only at 0,0. I don't want to set the secondary as primary because it's not useable that way.

There's no "Overkill". There's only "open fire!" and "time to reload".

Specs: i7-980@4,2Ghz, 12GB RAM, 2x GTX480, 1x 8800GTS, X-Fi HD, Cougar, Warthog, dcs-F16-pedals

Okay - read through the whole thread, but...

I'm trying to get the whole setup vertically stretched.

OS is W7 x64.

Problem: Primary monitor is the lower one, res. 1680x1050.

Secondary monitor is stacked on top of primary one - res. 1280x1024.

Look at this thread carefully:http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=69791

The same solution could be applied to your set-up according your monitors-set-up.

If you have difficulties please post your specs in the same Thread (link above) like MTFDarkEagle made it and I will have a look at it.

• 3 months later...
OS?

and your config in Display Settings of operation system (DualView or not, position of second monitor)?

For DualView and small monitor on right your config will be:

options.lua

["graphics"] =
{
   ... cut...
    ["fullScreen"] = false,
    ["width"] = 3648, -- 1600 + 1024 * 2
    ["height"] = 1200, -- max of 1200 and 768
    ["aspect"] = 3,04, -- 3648 / 1200
   ... cut ...
} 

monitorSetup file:

Viewports =
{
      Center =
      {
          x = 1024;
          y = 0;
          width = 1600;
          height = 1200;
          viewDx = 0;
          viewDy = 0;
          aspect = 1.33333333333;
      }
}
Shkval =
{
       x = 2624;
       y = 0;
       width = 1024;
       height = 768;
}

And again - don't use standard notepad for editing lua!

This post provided the final solution for me. Almost same setup (1600*1200+1280*1024), many tnx!

MSI 870A-G54, AMD Phenom II X2 555 @Phenom II X4 B55 BE, 3.2 GHz quad-core, Asus EAH4870 DK/HTDI/512MD5, OCZ Gold Edition DDR3 1333MHz 4GB Kit Low-Voltage. Budget = Cheap = Good :D

• 4 months later...

Hello!

I'm reading some in this thread but I'm still confused. Is it possible to get dual screen in WinXp with newer Geforce card (without horizontal span support) with Lua-scripting?

Or is horizontal span support on graphics card a requirement?

Thanks!

• 1 year later...

Hi there....

Is enything of this posible to inplement in DCS world Su-25t ?

I have one 24" widescreen and one 17"- 4:3 monitor and i was thinking to use one for cockpit and other for schval.

I use to doing this long time ago on Black Shark but now am totaly out.

I strat to fly again after long time and i have this problem.

Any help will be welcome.

TNX...