Vaicom not updating

Orestd

I am having trouble updating Vaicom. Every time I start Vaicom it gives me the message that a new update is available. I click yes to update it downloads the package tries to install and the installation fails. And the message pops up again the next time I start Vaicom. I have tried everything from uninstalling and reinstalling to manually trying to install the update, nothing works, I contacted Vaicom tech support not so much as even a reply. No idea why they even have a teach support. They never reply. The worst tech support department I ever dealt with. Anyways anyone experience the same problem and does anyone know how to fix it.  Thank you.

Edited by Orestd

If you read other threads you will see that (1) VAICOM is one guy. There is no "department." We hope he is OK but he hasn't showed up on the forums for a long time. And (2), for unknown reasons the supposedly most current version on the website isn't actually the most current version. I suggest you turn off the automatic checking for updates to get rid of the annoying messages.

• Like 1

I'm Softball on Multiplayer. NZXT Player Three Prime, i9-13900K@3.00GHz, 64GB DDR5, Win 11 Home, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4090 24GB, TrackIR 5, VKB Gunfighter III with MCG Ultimate grip, VKB STECS Standard Throttle, CH Pro pedals

8 minutes ago, sthompson said:

If you read other threads you will see that (1) VAICOM is one guy. There is no "department." We hope he is OK but he hasn't showed up on the forums for a long time. And (2), for unknown reasons the supposedly most current version on the website isn't actually the most current version. I suggest you turn off the automatic checking for updates to get rid of the annoying messages.

@Orestd

And if you do need the latest versions to manually install them, just ping us, because we have them! 

Cheers 

• Like 1

Hi @MAXsenna,

In fact I had in mind to ask if someone has the latest version of vaicom pro and the relevant other plugins (AIRIO, ...) I recently had to reinstall everything, and I am stuck with what you can see in the screenshot.

If you can share the latest one it will be much appreciated.

nullHave a nice fly.

👾

image.png

Hi @MAXsenna,
In fact I had in mind to ask if someone has the latest version of vaicom pro and the relevant other plugins (AIRIO, ...) I recently had to reinstall everything, and I am stuck with what you can see in the screenshot.
If you can share the latest one it will be much appreciated.
nullHave a nice fly.

image.png.12cb53f3f553d996a9eb439e1cdf7f4c.png
https://1drv.ms/f/s!AvbwXsF2HQnNjbB8_DdHiGD4g2Rh6g

Try this.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 10/27/2022 at 5:28 AM, MAXsenna said:

Try this.

Dumb question - should something happen to my Vaicom install, like a new PC build or suddenly having to reformat for some reason - will these files without an installer be sufficient to get it going again?

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Dumb question - should something happen to my Vaicom install, like a new PC build or suddenly having to reformat for some reason - will these files without an installer be sufficient to get it going again?
Yeah, as long as you add the VAICOM folder to the apps folder in VoiceAttack, and put the vaicompro.dll there, I think you're good to go.
Now, what I'm more worried about, is if the registration server goes down. When I remember, I will check in the Windows registry, to see if the info is there, and can easily be portered to another computer.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MAXsenna said:

Yeah, as long as you add the VAICOM folder to the apps folder in VoiceAttack, and put the vaicompro.dll there, I think you're good to go.
Now, what I'm more worried about, is if the registration server goes down. When I remember, I will check in the Windows registry, to see if the info is there, and can easily be portered to another computer.

:thumbup:

Thanks much!!

• Like 1

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

On 10/27/2022 at 11:28 AM, MAXsenna said:

Try this.

Hi Maxsenna, thanks for your great support.

Do these new .dll files fix the problems you recomended to aviod recently by having rather the "last good" VAICOM 2.5.24 up than the latest version 2.5.26 to avoid some problems with Vaicom? Meaning also we can now upgrade to the latest version from all, replacing the older dll with these new .dll files?

Edited by Razor18

Hi Maxsenna, thanks for your great support.
Do these new .dll files fix the problems you recomended to aviod recently by having rather the "last good" VAICOM 2.5.24 up than the latest version 2.5.26 to avoid some problems with Vaicom? Meaning also we can now upgrade to the latest version from all, replacing the older dll with these new .dll files?
Unfortunately, but the guys over at the Discord are working on it. And some progress have been made for a fix. But we're not there yet.

Unfortunately yes, or unfortunately no? 😇

So if we download those latest updates now, do we already get those with these new dll files, or this will come later, and until now we need to paste these new dll file sfor the fix?

Edited by Razor18

Unfortunately yes, or unfortunately no?
So if we download those latest updates now, do we already get those with these new dll files, or this will come later, and until now we need to paste these new dll file sfor the fix?
Not working on dlls, do those are probably the last you'll see.
Working on why VAICOM doesn't connect to DCS a anymore.

And until then we need to completely uninstall VAICOM anyway and make a slow repair to get COMMs menu back, correct?

Can't we just somehow disable VAICOM within Voice Attack temporarily (by turning off plug-in support, or deleting VAICOM.exe or .dll maybe), or it is too deep integrated in Voice Attack?

Edited by Razor18

And until then we need to completely uninstall VAICOM anyway and make a slow repair to get COMMs menu back, correct?
Can't we just somehow disable VAICOM within Voice Attack temporarily (by turning off plug-in support, or deleting VAICOM.exe or .dll maybe), or it is too deep integrated in Voice Attack?
Switch to another profile in VoiceAttack abs disable the VAICOM plugin in the plugin manager, shutdown VoiceAttack, uncomment the VAICOM line in the export.lua, and then run a full repair of DCS.
That should disable VAICOM, and keep VoiceAttack working.