SHKVAL slewing

d0ppler

Unfortunately, the joystick software from microsoft is old, retarded, not supported under winxp and sucks kaboodles anyway :D apart from (AFAIK) not having the feature of virtual axes. Is such a feature implemented in the game? If yes, would you care to elaborate? I've not been able to find anything about it in the manual.

DCS:Black Shark should do virtual axes in-game but it doesn't. I should test and see if the Shkval axes commands work when used with a real axis.

In my search for a solution for this problem i have come to find that KeytoJoy is of no help because it does not support diagonal POV hat input. Maybe i'll try to set up virtual axes with PPJoy when i got the time.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

Just a short question>>

I'm trying to slew the Shkval to the HMS movement but can't find the switch.

What is the proper procedure to do that?

I tried to check in the manual but for some reason the explanation there doesn't work for me...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Regards!

Activate the HMS (h) and hold uncage (o) et voila. There might have been more appropriate threads to ask this though ;)

Edit: Just looked at your specs, you do know that under vista 32 bit 1gb of your ram is unused because you have a total of 5 gb ram?

Edited by sobek

Come let's eat grandpa!

Activate the HMS (h) and hold uncage (o) et voila. There might have been more appropriate threads to ask this though ;)

Edit: Just looked at your specs, you do know that under vista 32 bit 1gb of your ram is unused because you have a total of 5 gb ram?

Thanks for the answer... Looks like holding "O" down makes the job :D

Regarding the RAM... well the GTX280 came later than the rest > Now waithing for Windows 7 to see what's gonna happen :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Regards!

for those who use CH products and want the PoV to slew the ShkVal diagonally I will write a script to do it ( when I get the time ) and post it. To perform diagonal movement you have to send two keys like "Left once, Up once" for diagonally up to the left.

I have done it before with the mini-joystick on the CH Throttle and used another button to add a delay so that I have a coarse and fine mode. I'll see if I can find that too.

No promises though. If I have the time and inclination I'll do it.

Does PPJoy not? I was sure I saw it in there...

PPjoy does not support 8-way hats or maybe i am too dumb to enable it. I also cannot get it to read the output from my MSFFB2 as it is a usb stick. I am slowly but steadily getting weary of this bull**** :doh: and i also ask myself, why ED didn't implement it in the first place. Are there so little players with only a POV hat? Has everybody got an analogue mini-stick nowadays?

Come let's eat grandpa!

for those who use CH products and want the PoV to slew the ShkVal diagonally I will write a script to do it ( when I get the time ) and post it. To perform diagonal movement you have to send two keys like "Left once, Up once" for diagonally up to the left.

I have done it before with the mini-joystick on the CH Throttle and used another button to add a delay so that I have a coarse and fine mode. I'll see if I can find that too.

Wouldn't it be easier to use the mini stick like it was intended, and bind its axis to have an analogue control stick for the shkval? Or is the throttle-mini stick digital as well?

Come let's eat grandpa!

The problem will be solved if

a) ED adds 8 instead of 4 ways the SHKVAL can be moved

or

b) override the standard 8-way hatswitch to only be a 4-way hatswitch.

A-10C, AV-8B, Ka-50, F-14B, F-16C, F-5E, F/A-18C, L-39, Mi-8, MiG-21, MiG-29, SA34, Spitfire, Su-27, Su-33, UH-1H

b) override the standard 8-way hatswitch to only be a 4-way hatswitch.

What do you mean by that? I don't really get it. Also i'd like to say that i in no way want to blame ED, i'm just a perfectionist and would like to use my equipment to its fullest potential :D

Come let's eat grandpa!

What do you mean by that? I don't really get it. Also i'd like to say that i in no way want to blame ED, i'm just a perfectionist and would like to use my equipment to its fullest potential :D

its either ED addes the Diagonals to be able to be mapped seperately and add a keycommand for diagnol slewing or they don't see the diagnol coming from the joystick and treat all hat switches as 4 way. that way when you press diagnol it is the combination of up and left and not something unique.

having looked at joysticks, an 8 way hatswitch is just a 4 way with 2 button presses interpreted as a single button press.

in the saitek software you actually have the option of doing either an 8 or 4 way.. i always do 4 way that way the diagnol is interpolated from the up and left (or the 2 button presses)

• 4 months later...

I have the same problem, an 8-positions HAT.

And the solution is simples: 8-positions HAT mapping support in the next patch.

Simple, easy. IL2 Sturmovik have this support. Not time consuming, easy to implement.

All the "workaround" about this is just a temporary solution... It's a little "missing" in DCS:BS, easy fix in a patch.

Thanks!

Edited by LoBiSoMeM

I've posted it in the wishlist but i do not know if this problem was significant enough to be worked on for the patch.

Come let's eat grandpa!

I've posted it in the wishlist but i do not know if this problem was significant enough to be worked on for the patch.

Maybe it's not "significant enough", if we think using JoyToKey solve the problem.

But is something really easy to implement - and add a lot of confort for 8-way HAT owners (we are a relevant part of the customers). I think it will be in the first patch. :thumbup:

Wasnt their a post awhile back regarding the shkval sensor tracking being only up, down, left, right on the real thing ?

I cant remember where I saw it or if I am confusing it with something else, but and I say but lightly, but if in real life it only does have up, down, left and right then diagonals shouldnt be included in the sim, then again the real thing could have diagonal tracking.

Can someone clarify if the real helo has only 4 ways of moving or does it have more ?

Thanks

Wasnt their a post awhile back regarding the shkval sensor tracking being only up, down, left, right on the real thing ?

I cant remember where I saw it or if I am confusing it with something else, but and I say but lightly, but if in real life it only does have up, down, left and right then diagonals shouldnt be included in the sim, then again the real thing could have diagonal tracking.

Can someone clarify if the real helo has only 4 ways of moving or does it have more ?

Thanks

The real helo has an analogue stick AFAIK, that means there are no discrete directions, it works like a joystick.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Maybe it's not "significant enough", if we think using JoyToKey solve the problem.

Actually i could not manage to get joytokey to recognise the diagonal directions of my pov hat, if you could provide some insight on that, it would be very much appreciated.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Good for you, but MSFFB2 makro recording doesn't work under winXP. It was the first thing i actually thought of. ;)

It works for me. If you boot Win XP into Safe mode, the Sidewinder software can be accessed and programmed. If you're still having problems, PM me and I can setup a particular profile for you and put it up here.

Actually i could not manage to get joytokey to recognise the diagonal directions of my pov hat, if you could provide some insight on that, it would be very much appreciated.

It's simple.

If your HAT are recognized as real "8-way", you go to JoyToKey, access "Preferences" tab and mark "Handle diagonal inputs as special cases" and "Use POV switches".

Now you and assign POV1 comands to "UP, RIGHT, DOWN, LEFT" as the keys you bind to then in CONTROLS options in BS.

After that you will assign POV2 commands to the "diagonals": "POV2 UP" with the inputs relative to "UP+RIGHT POV" (a combination of the two keys binded to POV1 UP and POV1 RIGHT). And you go in clockwise direction: "POV2 RIGHT" = "RIGHT+DOWN POV", etc.

I do this way and is perfect. Only remember to assign key command for slewing the Skhval in BS, and is done!

Edited by LoBiSoMeM