Can you have a Bullseye references in FC3 aircraft?

CommandT

25 minutes ago, draconus said:

Easiest method is to dedicate one waypoint to BE and then reference from it.

Yup thats what I do. Set a waypoint on the BE and reference the back side of the needle on the HSI as the azimuth and convert the km to nm by multiplying by 2 and reducing bit less than 10 percent (8% to be closer).

so 100 nm will be 200 minus 16 = 184 km  (which is close enough to the exact conversion of 1.852 km for 1 nm)

Cheers!

IAF.ViFF

http://www.preflight.us

Israel's Combat Flight Sim Community Website

• 2 months later...

Well, at least in the F-15 and the A-10, you can select the steerpoint you've pre-planned as your Bullseye, and when you go into A-A/A-G modes, your analog HSI (as well as the HUD) will still keep the references to that steerpoint, pointing you to the bearing and range for it - unless you fly over it, then it'll cycle to the next waypoint and you'll have to re-select it.

For the Flankers and the Frogfoots I'm not sure the analog will keep the references - I think it does, but have to double check that - but as far as I know, the Flanker's Head Down Display will show you only the Data Link screen as soon as you enter the BVR/Close Combat modes, and will clear out all of the Navigation informations.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AMD Ryzen 7 1700 @3.6GHz | Sapphire Nitro+ Radeon RX 480 8GB | HyperX Fury 16GB RAM @2666MHz | ASUS Prime B-350 Plus | OCZ Fatal1ty 750W PSU | Kingston UV400 120GB SSD | 1.25TB HDD Total | NZXT Phantom Black Full-Tower ATX Case | Saitek-Mad Catz F.L.Y.5 Flight Stick + Xbox 360 Controller + Keyboard + Mouse Combo for DCS | FreeTrack + PS3 Eye + 3-LED clip Combo for headtracking

4 hours ago, WilliamLink said:

…For the Flankers…I'm not sure the analog will keep the references - I think it does, but have to double check that - but as far as I know, the Flanker's Head Down Display will show you only the Data Link screen as soon as you enter the BVR/Close Combat modes, and will clear out all of the Navigation informations…

However, the deviation index on the HDD will tell you whether you are left or right of the last selected WP. And you can use it to head straight toward the WP, if you desire. This is true for BVR mode and, I assume, for WVR modes as well. But truth be told, if I’m in close combat, my eyes are outside the cockpit. The HDD is the last thing I’m looking at.

Edited by Ironhand
  • Like 1

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.