F-14 v2.8 - Jamming, JESTER, and Headless Bodies!

Cobra847

• Cobra847 changed the title to F-14 v2.8 - Jamming, JESTER, and Headless Bodies!

Nice first patch for the new update! Any news on the ALR-45/50 for the early F-14A-135-GR? 

• Like 7

-Tinkerer, Certified F-14 and AIM-54 Nut | Discord: @dsplayer

Setup: i7-8700k, GTX 1080 Ti, 32GB 3066Mhz, Lots of Storage, Saitek/Logitech X56 HOTAS, TrackIR + TrackClipPro
Modules: F-14, F/A-18, JF-17, F-16C, Mirage 2000C, FC3, F-5E, Mi-24P, AJS-37, AV-8B, A-10C II, AH-64D, MiG-21bis, F-86F, MiG-19P, P-51D, Mirage F1, L-39, C-101, SA342M, Ka-50 III, Supercarrier, F-15E
Maps: Caucasus, Marianas, South Atlantic, Persian Gulf, Syria, Nevada

Mods I've Made: F-14 Factory Clean Cockpit Mod | Modern F-14 Weapons Mod | Iranian F-14 Weapons Pack | F-14B Nozzle Percentage Mod + Label Fix | AIM-23 Hawk Mod for F-14 

Dear Heatblur:

Love hearing your faithful work at each and every communication.

When I chewed through the manual two years ago, I was stuck with the details possible.  Thank you for implementing the jamming stones representations and its sub-modes for both DDD and TID.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Cobra847 said:

• NEW: Added jammer detection and tracking functionality in the AWG-9, which adds amongst other features:
    • Noise jammers will now prevent AWG-9 from ascertaining range or range-rate from a target.
    • DDD will show noise returns over the range axis at jammer azimuth in pulse search. 
    • DDD will show jamming intensity trace overlay in pulse doppler modes. 
    • TID will display jamming strobe in TWS and RWS modes. 
    • TID jamming strobe can be toggled via Jam Strobe button below TID.
    • Jam strobes can be shared over Link-4A fighter to fighter datalink, allowing for eyeballed triangulation of actual jammer position. 
    • TID angle symbol is hookable. 
    • PSTT or PDSTT on jamming target leads JAT (Jam Angle Track).
    • STT-ed target transitioning to jamming outside of burnthrough automatically switches to JAT submode. 
    • In STT-JAT submodes both AIM-7 and AIM-54 can employed in HOJ (home on jam). 

• Added jamming targets to JESTER STT options. 

What is the Bandit RWR behaviour when a STT-JAT launch is commanded will they receive a RWR warning or will it be passive?

Also will there be any LINK4 Triangulation Phoenix guidance (as in Two ships Triangulating range and altitude for a Lofted HOJ) to be modelled in the future? 

• Like 1

Any news on the heading hold AP?

Spoiler

W10-x64 | Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra | Core i7 9700K @ 4.8Ghz | Noctua NH-D15

Corsair 32Gb 3200 | MSI RTX 3080ti Gaming X

Asus Xonar AE | TM Hotas Warthog

MFG Crosswind pedals | Valve Index

Thank so much for all the great work the team has put into this amazing aircraft module!

• Like 2

System specs; i7 9700k 32GB RAM 2x1TB SSD Drives (1 DCS Dedicated) MSI Z390 MB. MSI GeForce RTX 3070. 4KTV monitor. Reverb G2 VR.Stock TM HOTAS. (Tm WartHog) Throttle. VBK MCG.

The ECM effects look great, can't wait to try them out. Plus the pilot/RIO bodies. Thanks a lot for the update!

• Like 2

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

2 hours ago, spazz212 said:

What is the Bandit RWR behaviour when a STT-JAT launch is commanded will they receive a RWR warning or will it be passive?

Also will there be any LINK4 Triangulation Phoenix guidance (as in Two ships Triangulating range and altitude for a Lofted HOJ) to be modelled in the future? 

The JAM strobes via data-link was just a visual aid on the TID, no functionality to allow range known missile shots existed afaik. For that you need a skin lock. So no to that.

I’d also like to clarify that JAM strobe datalink sharing is Link-4C not Link-4A so only fighter to fighter.

• Thanks 1

Finally VR Body. This is mega cool. Thanks for this.

Please don't wait so long next time. That would be Phantastic.

Thank you for always going beyond the limits. Keep it up!

System Specs: AMD Ryzen 5 3600, RX 6900 XT, 64GB RAM // Tobsen CM Kollektiv, VPC CM3 Throttle, VPC WarBRD Rudder Pedals, VPC T-50 CM2 + WarBRD Base  VR: HP Reverb G2

Helis: UH-1H / KA-50 3 / Mi-8 / Mi-24P / SA-342 / AH-64D  Jets: F-5E / F-14A/B / F/A-18C / MC-2000 / A-10C II / AV-8B / AJS 37 / MIG-21bis  / F-16C / F-15E / F-4E (soon)  WWII: Spitfire / WWII Assets Pack

Tech.: Combined Arms / NS430 / Supercarrier   Maps:  Nevada / Persian Gulf / Normandie / Syria / South Atlantic  Waiting for:  BO-105 / OH 58D / CH-47 Chinook / G.91R / Tornado IDS / A-7E Corsair II

So, since it's not mentioned in the changelog, I assume part 2 of the "Reforger" campaign didn't make the patch deadline?

vor 6 Stunden schrieb Cobra847:

Potential fix for mission freeze including F-14 AI. 

Fingers crossed!!!!!

I Hope Please GIF

Edited by Jayhawk1971

1 minute ago, Jayhawk1971 said:

So, since it's not mentioned in the changelog, I assume part 2 of the "Reforger" campaign didn't make the patch deadline?

Unfortunately not, we will publish it as soon as it is done for download though as we did with part one, I need a bit more time with it. Thank you for your kind patience.

• Like 5

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

31 minutes ago, aaronwhite said:

When will we get an update on the cloning of the real Jester voice actor so that mission makers can get their own 100% accurate voice for their missions? 

You can always contact @graywo1fg - but please keep in mind that his services are not free of course.

• Like 3

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/