Mirage 2000 Countermeasure counter clarifications

Archi

Hello fellow mirage enthusiasts,

A couple updates ago the ridiculous 100+ flares of the mirage were corrected into it's 16 internal (maximum amount of internal flares with an "inverted V" release pattern) and up to 48 using the pod. However, the counter in the rearming menu is still quite confusing by still being able to select more than 100 and even more for chaff (not sure if it really does anything?). At the moment my solution is to not touch the counters at all like requested by the devs in the kneeboard. Are there any plans to correct this to make it clearer as to how many flares and chaff I am taking?

23 minutes ago, Archi said:

A couple updates ago the ridiculous 100+ flares of the mirage were corrected into it's 16 internal (maximum amount of internal flares with an "inverted V" release pattern) and up to 48 using the pod. However, the counter in the rearming menu is still quite confusing by still being able to select more than 100 and even more for chaff (not sure if it really does anything?). At the moment my solution is to not touch the counters at all like requested by the devs in the kneeboard. Are there any plans to correct this to make it clearer as to how many flares and chaff I am taking?

No, as this is unfortunately a DCS counter measure system limitation.

33 minutes ago, Archi said:

As said above, this is the only solution we found to have all flare/chaff combinaison possible with the pod.

The CM selection system for DCS is quite old and was not designed to support countermeasure pods or aircraft with fixed CM mixes and quantities. We tried to remove the sliders, but without them the CMs were refilled when rearming the aircraft.

For the CMs to work as intended, the slider should be kept at their initial values which represent the absolute maximum chaff and flare capabilities of the aircraft, not the number of flare that will be available.

Hope the above helps, thanks.

Edited by myHelljumper
  • Like 1

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA

3 minutes ago, myHelljumper said:

As said above, this is the only solution we found to have all flare/chaff combinaison possible with the pod.

The CM selection system for DCS is quite old and was not designed to support countermeasure pods or aircraft with fixed CM mixes and quantities. We tried to remove the sliders, but without them the CMs were refilled when rearming the aircraft.

For the CMs to work as intended, the slider should be kept at their initial values which represent the absolute maximum chaff and flare capabilities of the aircraft, not the number of flare that will be available.

Hope the above helps, thanks.

Thanks for the answer. Looks like ED really needs to step up their game in terms of UI/UX and general QoL within DCS.

33 minutes ago, Archi said:

However, the counter in the rearming menu is still quite confusing by still being able to select more than 100 and even more for chaff (not sure if it really does anything?).

You should set 234 chaff and 64 flare (i.e. after rearming), as otherwise DCS may limit the number deployed in single player/multiplayer.

The actual number of chaff/flare available/usable is determined by the type of ECLAIR pod fitted (if any).

• Thanks 1

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

26 minutes ago, Ramsay said:

You should set 234 chaff and 64 flare (i.e. after rearming), as otherwise DCS may limit the number deployed in single player/multiplayer.

The actual number of chaff/flare available/usable is determined by the type of ECLAIR pod fitted (if any).

Jeeez, i've done all wrong then.

but still don't completely understand.

I use the Eclair POD but then adjust flare/ chaff with the slider to get something like 88/180. So what did the rearming guy set for my chaff and flare

Yes, we know this is confusing, but so far we can't avoid the sliders.

There was an attempt at hiding the sliders, it worked on new missions (for which sliders are 64/234 by default) but on older missions, especially on MP servers, this resulted in people not being able to drop CMs, being limited server side by a hidden quantity value, so the change was reverted. It would have required all MP server admins to update their missions.

You should always set sliders to 64/234 (this is the default on newly created missions) and ignore the number. If not this can limit the actual number of CMs that you can release.

Internal will be loaded with 16/112

External is as shown on the ECLAIR slot.

Actual loaded CM count is in noted your kneeboard for post-rearm check.

Edited by Kercheiz
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, cmbaviator said:

only read the chuck guide but can't remember if he speaks about that ?

Yeah, and that's why it's a guide and not a manual, it's bound to be missing information compared to the manual. That's the point ^^.

You would have to ask Chuck it's been a long time since I read it.

• Like 1

Helljumper - M2000C Guru

Helljumper's Youtube

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCK3rTjezLUxPbWHvJJ3W2fA