Was it something I said; Was it something I did?

Sunjah

I thought I had touched down, but apparently 2 wheels doesn't cut it. Thing freaked and started leaning all over (ergo blades scattered everywhere), and you can see my parachute in the distance because I ejected...who knows with this thing, it might've blown up on me the way it was acting.

Oh, the shame...

ScreenShot_012.thumb.jpg.631d92c42e1eb5013f056b9411c380bc.jpg

ScreenShot_003.thumb.jpg.ead52037b65f26dc78d5119be1b03a42.jpg

ScreenShot_002.thumb.jpg.b14e88e581ea380b1e4ecddc917b7f83.jpg

ScreenShot_007.thumb.jpg.504f7578bc5d996c7cd7faac37815e48.jpg

Remember, on Nov. 4th, vote for Black Shark for President!!!

Honestly, I don't get it. This is the "Shooting Range" mission, and I adjusted it to have the Black Helicopter (#024, of course). I am just trying to practice take-offs and landings in the field. I took off flew to waypoint #1, had 2 wheels down, and the above happened.

Then I went RCVR (recover, I adjusted that also), and I got to the 1st waypoing again, using the "route auto-pilot" this time. My auto-hover would not work at all when I got there, so I manually brought her down. I landed, thudded a bit, but from what I saw on F2 view there was no damage to the tires. Still didn't understand why auto-hover was not working. I got scared and decided to go straight back to base.

I put my collective up :joystick: to take off, and...BOOOOOM!:bomb:

I blew up without leaving the ground. Did I damage it somehow? I got no EKRAN message or beeping from the warning systems.

I was bummed, and it made me jump. Now I'm all shaky and stuff inside.

Edited by Sunjah

I get the same thing on my sever. when pilots try and take off from the dirt on the air base Boom ever time. I had to change the mission so all helos were starting from paved areas. It has hapend to me as well as others on my sever. I sucks I know. :doh:

Home built PC Win 10 Pro 64bit, MB ASUS Z170 WS, 6700K, EVGA 1080Ti Hybrid, 32GB DDR4 3200, Thermaltake 120x360 RAD, Custom built A-10C sim pit, TM WARTHOG HOTAS, Cougar MFD's, 3D printed UFC and Saitek rudders. HTC VIVE VR.

https://digitalcombatmercenaries.enjin.com/

look at your ft wheels u came dwn and turned your wheels over loaded and hit the ground w/ your blades....just a wild guess....lol

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] SMOKE'M:smoke: IF YA GOT'M!:gun_rifle:

H2o Cooler I7 9700k GA 390x MB Win 10 pro

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

32 Gig Corsair Vengence, 2T SSD.

TM.Warthog:joystick: :punk:, CV-1:matrix:,3x23" monitors, Tm MFD's, Saitek pro rudders wrapped up in 2 sheets of plywood:megalol:

I get the same thing on my sever. when pilots try and take off from the dirt on the air base Boom ever time. I had to change the mission so all helos were starting from paved areas. It has hapend to me as well as others on my sever. I sucks I know. :doh:

Hmm, interesting. I didn't know that. I was thinking that maybe I jarred loose some hose on the fuel-tank or something, so when I ramped them up they went BOOMED!

Obviously that has to be a bug. That is one of the cool thing about Helicopters is their ability to land and take off all over the place.

look at your ft wheels u came dwn and turned your wheels over loaded and hit the ground w/ your blades....just a wild guess....lol

Yeah, that is pretty much what happened the first time, though I didn't turn the wheels. I thought I was safely on ground to start lowering collective to "settle" on the ground, thing started pitching wildly out of control. The wheels did it themselves, I just got scared and ejected. This thing is alive, I'm tellling you, alive!

I would guess it's a holdover from the way terrain was modeled in Flanker 2 - when your Su-27 went off the tarmac, your nosewheel would slowly sink and get "stuck in the mud" after a short time. If you tried to move after getting stuck, your aircraft would explode. Maybe something similar here. The way your nosewheel is twisted around almost 90 degrees looks suggestive - as if the terrain grabbed onto your nosewheel and wouldn't let go.

You can take off from nearly any dirt, but not like normal.

If you pull the collective hard up it will explode.

If you inch up, hold a sec, inch higher, you will break the wheels loose and up you go.

E8600 Asus P5E Radeon 4870x2 Corsair 4gb Velociraptor 300gb Neopower 650 NZXT Tempest Vista64 Samsung 30" 2560x1600

I've been landing and taking off from the fields without problem - though you need to keep in mind > NO ground roll after landing (gentle touch down and brakes to hold position)> NO ground roll before take off - brakes to hold position and gentle up on the collective and off you go......... Cheers :pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Regards!

It was at this moment I realized it's a DANG! good thing I am practicing this "land"-ing thing?!?

:captain: :bomb: :shocking: :bounce: :poster_oops: :cry: :ranting:

ScreenShot_008.thumb.jpg.341139376aa3c31b007ab124cdf64559.jpg

Edited by Sunjah

I aproach the target field and prepare to take her down, try it in a wheat field this time...mud? HA! Whoever heard of mud in a wheatfield.

:joystick: It didn't turn out too well!!! :music_whistling:

ScreenShot_016.thumb.jpg.8aa0490f4ca94b3652c95c03b33466e7.jpg

ScreenShot_017.thumb.jpg.5ea90c1dc9d00e6880d90c8a955b95a0.jpg

Edited by Sunjah

Sunjah I've had the same "problems" you had. Landing on a flat terrain composed of dirt still is a problem for me. To often I touchdown with way less then 0.5 meters/sec vertical but with a few kph of forward speed only to have the KA-50 go into a crocodile death-roll :joystick: