[Solved] VAICOM> no longer works with F-18 after DCS 2.8 update

IronStar95

1 hour ago, MAXsenna said:

GUYS!!!!!!!
Try and reselect the custom path in the control panel, and report back ASAP!!!!!!!
This used to be mandatory a few years back after every update, so it totally slipped my mind!
A buddy on Discord reminded me of this.
No promises though, but he says he updated and did this change yesterday, and it's working in the Ka-50.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

Can you be more specific? What control panel? I see in Vaicom the Config tab where there is the Use Cusom DCS path.. but in my case it is ok.... There is an "fix reg" checkbox that is not on.

Can you be more specific? What control panel? I see in Vaicom the Config tab where there is the Use Cusom DCS path.. but in my case it is ok.... There is an "fix reg" checkbox that is not on.
I'm home in an hour. Gonna test myself.

• Like 1

First thing I tried yesterday. didn't work so as Max said, it could be the socket, I was checking through the lua scripts and maybe the ports need to be udpated?

The VA profile is getting a "NOT AVAILABLE" whenever a command is ran

image.png

image.png

Edited by Convexrook
  • Like 1

zprwsp-6.png

9 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

Hi all, 

if Hollywood wants to reach out to me or @NineLinewe will be happy to talk about what issues he is having with the latest update. 

Please note as DCS progresses we can not always keep community projects in mind as they are not official, they do have to adapt to any changes we make. 

thank you

@BIGNEWYwould you mind please reaching out to the other API developer RJ as well with his request here as well:

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/270863-expose-apis-for-f10-radio-transmissions-especially-new-marianas-atc/

Sadly we don't even know if Hollywood is with us anymore, but RJ is around and willing to work on similar features. 👍

Edited by Dangerzone
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, Dangerzone said:

@BIGNEWYwould you mind please reaching out to the other API developer RJ as well with his request here as well:

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/270863-expose-apis-for-f10-radio-transmissions-especially-new-marianas-atc/

Sadly we don't even know if Hollywood is with us anymore, but RJ is around and willing to work on similar features. 👍

Fix is coming.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, MAXsenna said:

Fix is coming.

Great to hear. Thanks MAXSenna. (However it would still be nice for ED to also reach out to RJ too. 👍)

And re the fix - does that mean Hollywood is still around? Is there anyone he trusts to work with him so that it's not dependent on one person moving forward into the future to future-proof this?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steel Jaw said:

How to do this please brother?

Open up command prompt. (CMD in Windows) 

Navigate to the Bin folder in your DCS World INSTALL directory and type in:

dcs_updater update @release 

This will update you to the Stable Release (which is still 2.7.18)

Edited by Dangerzone
  • Like 1

To be clear, a user/community fix, not from Hollywood.
Correct!

Great to hear. Thanks MAXSenna. (However it would still be nice for ED to also reach out to RJ too. )
And re the fix - does that mean Hollywood is still around? Is there anyone he trusts to work with him so that it's not dependent on one person moving forward into the future to future-proof this?
Community fix.

5 minutes ago, MAXsenna said:

Correct!

Community fix.

That's fantastic. Thanks. I'd shout whoever did this a beer, but I just closed my Paypal account with their recent whacky T&C, so it makes it a bit hard. All I can offer is my gratitude- but it's very muchly appreciated! 

• Like 1

Great to hear. Thanks MAXSenna. (However it would still be nice for ED to also reach out to RJ too. )
It should be pretty future proof unless somethings gets completely locked down and radically changed.
I have even hope for the new ATC and future modules if I understood what was/can be done correctly.

On 10/30/2022 at 10:03 AM, Dangerzone said:

Did you find a way to do the commands that aren't available for binding? Thinks such as "Refueling" (without bringing up the rearming menu), "Request Taxi Clearance", "Approaching for Refueling", "See you at 10", etc? Or have you just bound the commands available in DCS? (Because for me - the huge one with VAICOM was the ability to say things and execute menu commands that are not available in the binding options, so if you've found a way around this I would be very interested.)

For the moment, I have succeeded in simulating the clicks on the menu with the JTAC and the case I... I just hope that the menus will not change place (F1, F2, etc...)

For the moment, I have succeeded in simulating the clicks on the menu with the JTAC and the case I... I just hope that the menus will not change place (F1, F2, etc...)
VAICOM's gone open source, so all will be fixed in due time.
Had it working yesterday with comms and Jester.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• IronStar95 changed the title to [Solved] VAICOM> no longer works with F-18 after DCS 2.8 update

Any idea on why the ViacomPRO for DCS World only give me this error "..is currently disabled for this session and was not executed" for every command? Trying to get the AIRIO part working.

Command 'scan range 100' is currently disabled for this session and was not executed.

john

1 minute ago, FlyGuyTN said:

Any idea on why the ViacomPRO for DCS World only give me this error "..is currently disabled for this session and was not executed" for every command? Trying to get the AIRIO part working.

Command 'scan range 100' is currently disabled for this session and was not executed.

john

head over to the discord to get some good info and help from the community devs
https://discord.com/channels/736032844274728961/736033275423752243 

zprwsp-6.png

vor 12 Minuten schrieb FlyGuyTN:

john

I ran into the exact same problem. It seems to be a re-occurring old one, as this has apparently been around since after version 2.5.24.

I opened a bug report over at GitHub, hopefully someone from the awesome Discord community will have a look at it.

In the meantime, the workaround is to press and hold the TX button in question and wait for the beep, then release the button. That way, commands are being executed. Not the most elegant solution, but better than nothing I suppose. 

Still doesn't help with ICS hot mic in the Tomcat, as I like to "talk" to Jester without pressing a button.

Edited by Jayhawk1971
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, YhandisH said:

I just lost my comms menu due to the VAICOM issue. Any word on how to get it back? I uninstalled VA, and renamed the DCS saved games folder to get a new one, but nothing is working. This comms issue has me grounded. 

Run a DCS repair 

• Like 1