Can't update to 2.8

arvu
Go to solution Solved by arvu,

35 minutes ago, arvu said:

How can I get DCS updated to the latest version?

the logs looks like a repair rather than an update … can you retry but using this command:

dcs_updater update

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

8 minutes ago, Rudel_chw said:

the logs looks like a repair rather than an update … can you retry but using this command:

dcs_updater update

It gives the same message box and does nothing. I tried repair earlier. It seems that when i run dcs_updater.exe from command line it does not write anything to the log.

14 minutes ago, GregP said:

So did this fix it for you?  I'm still getting the same "2.7.18...' is up to date" message no matter what I try.

It means your DCS is using the Stable update channel. In order to use the OB update channel once and for all, follow these instructions:

Edited by Flappie
  • Like 2

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

Thanks - yes, turned out I was on stable without having even realized it; I'd uninstalled DCS a few months ago and when I recently re-installed it, must've forgotten to do the Open Beta version.

Still though, the '@openbeta' option refused to work for me, but worked when I specifically used '2.8.0.32066@openbeta'.

22 hours ago, GregP said:

Still though, the '@openbeta' option refused to work for me

That is strange. I use it very often to switch between OB and release versions, to check whether a bug is a regression or not.

Anyway, I'm glad I could help.

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

• 3 weeks later...

Because of the new lighting and other new features, I was not able to update from 32235 to 33006 and I figured it was because 
all of the planes, ships, tanks and Maps needed all new features.   I ended up installing the new version and now am spending
3 days just downloading maps and jets and planes and I could not just copy and paste older 32235 mods and have them still work.