Vaicom Problem

I haven't been able to get on the forum in a while. Hurricane Fiona destroyed half our home and I only just recently managed to get my computer set back up.  But when I did, DCS updated and now Vaicom totally doesn't work.  It's always needed a little babying after an update but now it asks over and over to re-update and won't start in game.  I've emailed Vaicom support but haven't heard back yet.  Is anyone else having trouble with Vaicom. I love the potential of Vaicom, and it is incredible when it works right, but it is so frustrating so much of the time and needs  maintenance enough I'm about ready to give up on it.

DCS makers--please resolve the in-game menu driven communication system so that it has a regular, predictable set of options.  If it had regular, predictable options, HCS would probably support it.  I've used HCS for years with Elite: Dangerous and it works so smoothly. Never had the slightest glitch with HCS products.

4 minutes ago, Lt_Jaeger said:

Take a look around different fresh threads, VAICOM is dead after the 2.8 update of DCS.

Currently only the removal of VAICOM and a slow repair let you get access to your com menu again. 

Thanks! Yes, I removed it already. Couldn't use DCS at all with it installed.  I can once again use Voice Attack but only basic commands, i.e., "F1" "F2" or "Attack ground target".  I am going to miss Vaicom. Was awesome when it was working.  A nightmare in between.

• Like 3