AI Units Liveries not loading in multiplayer through dedicated server

Nieucross

When I launch a game through the DCS server hosting service on the DCS Game Server Dashboard, the mission loads all the AI units in with the default stock skins (ie bare metal F-5. Serbian MiG-21. If I set the MiG-21 to have an Iraqi skin it will default to the Serbian one). This also goes for ground vehicles as well. If I set them up with a desert livery it will default to the green one in the multiplayer. 

I am not 100% sure if this is the server hosting service (Fox3) that I am using, but i submitted a ticket through them and they told me that it wasnt them.

I ran the multiplayer test in the mission editor and this bug does not appear.

the number of assets does not matter. I tested a mission with only 2 assets and it still defaulted the AI unit to the default skin.

I have reason to believe that this is a 2.8 issue because 2 days ago i did not have this problem and it only appeared after 2.8.

• Like 4

Dedicated server does not have all default skins loaded. Depending on the module it may only have a single skin or it may have a handfull. You will have to manually install the skins to the dedicated server directory or server saved games directory (latter recommended for persistence through updates).

Same here, and all liveries installed on the server as well, same mission fine before 2.8...(opened the miz file to check but the right liveries are being allocated)

Edited by dutchdan
  • Like 1

5950X, 32GB DDR4, RTX3090, NVMe. (Main - VR with RIFT S)

i7 4930K @ 4.5MHz, 64GB DDR3, RTX2070, SSD's. (Local DCS server)

DCS SA, PG, NTTR, Syria, A4E, AV8B, F-14, F-16, F-18, F-5, FC3, C101, L-39, M2000C, VIGGEN, Mi-8,Mi-24, BF-109, Spitfire.

We are experiencing the same issue on our squadron and wing servers.  The liveries show up just fine in the mission editor and when we run the missions in single player mode.

Something is causing the liveries to not load in the server.  We've also confirmed we have the liveries loaded onto the server.  DCS.log doesn't show any particular error regarding them.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Flappie said:

It was reported earlier:

@Flappie You forgot to tag this thread as "reported earlier" so people will know it's already reported. 

Edited by Buzzer1977
Typo
  • Like 1

AMD Ryzen 9 5950x, MSI MEG x570 Unify, G.Skill 128GB DDR4-3200, MSI RTX3090 Ventus 3x 24GB, Samsung PCIe 4.0 M.2 1TB 980 Pro, Seagate PCIe 4.0 M.2 2TB FireCuda 520, Quest 3

19 minutes ago, savamiso said:

I haven't had this issue on my dedicated server until update to 2.8, so I'm confused.

I've just learnt that a fix is coming... 🤔

You must be living in the future. 😄

• Like 3

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

16 hours ago, savamiso said:

I haven't had this issue on my dedicated server until update to 2.8, so I'm confused.

Happened also under 2.7 but not to all aircraft and liveries. With 2.8 the number of aircraft and liveries affected that fall back to the default livery increased. 

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 9 5950x, MSI MEG x570 Unify, G.Skill 128GB DDR4-3200, MSI RTX3090 Ventus 3x 24GB, Samsung PCIe 4.0 M.2 1TB 980 Pro, Seagate PCIe 4.0 M.2 2TB FireCuda 520, Quest 3

4 hours ago, Buzzer1977 said:

Happened also under 2.7 but not to all aircraft and liveries. With 2.8 the number of aircraft and liveries affected that fall back to the default livery increased. 

This is my observation as well. I only recall it happening to E-2s and occasionally Hornets depending on the livery. Now it happens to almost everything except unofficial mods like the Military Aircraft Mod, A-4E, etc.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nealius said:

This is my observation as well. I only recall it happening to E-2s and occasionally Hornets depending on the livery. Now it happens to almost everything except unofficial mods like the Military Aircraft Mod, A-4E, etc.

Under 2.7 definitely affected were MiG-21 (all Slovakian default livery), F-14(all Jolly Rogers), F/A-18(not all liveries), E-2, and some others i can't recall. 

• Like 2

Buzzer1977, yeah I know my Mig Alley has been affected since 2.8. All the Korean set skins for such as the P-51 are default back to WW2.

The Mig-21 on my 1990 based mission, i'm sure that was stuck back on the Slovakian livery back in 2.7. No matter what Soviet livery I set it to It always showed as Slovakian on the server. I'm glad this thread is up otherwise I would be trying to problem solve my dedicated server install and machine.

• Like 1