Explodes at start of taxi

Blaze1969

I tested the fix on Enigma's server, multi-threaded exe, Syria map, Al-Dumayr airport, it happened again three times in a row (I repaired the airplane after the first time), always on the runway, threshold 24. This time I was going slowly, I don't think there were enough lateral forces, even with full rudder deflection.

I have the track (don't know if it's corrupted), but it's too big to post it in here; if you guys need it, @6S.Duke, tell me and I'll find a way to let you have it.

Hello everybody, thanks for reporting, for your help and for your patience.
We have a good news today, we have been able to identify the root cause of the issue!
We are now working to isolate the bug and to make a proper fix.
We cannot promise you a fix with the next update but we will do our best. Anyway we will keep you informed about the progresses.
Have a great day!

Inviato dal mio ASUS_I005D utilizzando Tapatalk

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah, still has the issue. 

I guess it is caused by nose wheel gear? when it moves, not working properly and all of sudden the plane exploded from under something.

Sometimes air brake came down itself, sometimes whole engine dead etc

Also ground crew never answer after it blows

stick, rudder and breaks indicater not work as it should.

MB 339 is so beautiful module but those bugs make a bit annoying.

Pz fix them

Thanks. 

Edited by karasinicoff

Hey @karasinicoff!

As Duke wrote in his last post above, the team identified the root cause of the this bug, they're now working on the fix to correct it. I'm sure that after fixing this nasty one, they'll move on to fix the other bugs that are currently affecting this module.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
17 hours ago, 6S.Duke said:

Good news, bug identified, isolated and solved yesterday. Now we are testing that everything works properly in our internal build.

Fix will be provided as soon as possible.

Brilliant. Care to share what you found to be the culprit? Just out of curiosity.

• Like 3

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

Brilliant. Care to share what you found to be the culprit? Just out of curiosity.
It was a bug in the formula to calculate the angle of attack ratio.
In presence of wind, when the AoA was changing too fast, the computed ratio was reaching big values in one frame of simulation (i.e. passing from normal values to a factor of 10^6) causing big forces and pitching moments making the aircraft nose jumping with consequent explosion.
Now we are testing if the fix works properly before to merge to the release version.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, 6S.Duke said:

In presence of wind, when the AoA was changing too fast, the computed ratio was reaching big values in one frame of simulation (i.e. passing from normal values to a factor of 10^6) causing big forces and pitching moments making the aircraft nose jumping with consequent explosion.
Now we are testing if the fix works properly before to merge to the release version.

Thanks for the insight. Glad you found it. Looking forward to the next patch. Have a nice weekend!

• Like 2

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

On 8/12/2023 at 1:08 PM, 6S.Duke said:

Thanks a lot, Duke! Grazie mille a tutto il team!

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
1 minute ago, Gianky said:

Hey guys, did anyone try if the ugly bug has been finally squashed? I didn't have the time, yet.

Next on "my list" for tonight. At least the changelog says so....

Taxied around KUT a bit online, did a circuit with a touch and go, landed and taxied back in without spontaneously exploding - always a win in my book.
Good news! Thanks for confirming no explosions!

No explosion or nose wheel collapse with 2.9 so far. I guess, this is finally fixed. Thanks IFE.
Thanks for reporting no explosions! This is a little success

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2