In 2.8, CTD every time when one of us trying to join as RIO.

Amarok_73

Hello,

Since 2.8 version, me and my friend, trying to get in the aiprlane as RIO, receives the Crash To Desktop caused by filght.dll (according to the logs).
We have deleted all non-official mods, disabled Tacview, but error still occurs.
I've attached the log file packages, stripped from the track files as these are pretty heavy (over 3 MB each).
We'd appreciate any suggestions, what can we do to investigate this issue.

dcs.log-20221030-184253.zipdcs.log-20221030-183917.zipdcs.log-20221030-182756.zipdcs.log-20221030-182406.zipdcs.log-20221030-182018.zip

• Thanks 1

Natural Born Kamikaze

-------------------------

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, AMD Fatal1ty B450 Gaming K4, AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT, 32 GB RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX, PSU Modecom Volcano 750W, Logitech G940 HOTAS, Turtle Beach VelocityOne Rudder.

...aaand it seems, it happens only when we're trying to use carrier based airplane.

Natural Born Kamikaze

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, AMD Fatal1ty B450 Gaming K4, AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT, 32 GB RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX, PSU Modecom Volcano 750W, Logitech G940 HOTAS, Turtle Beach VelocityOne Rudder.

Same here.

It happens on a carrier in a dedicated server (server owners try to investigate but with no result yet). When we test it hosting a local server with my friend everything is fine. 

dcs.log-20221028-185823.zip dcs.log-20221028-190135.zip dcs.log-20221028-190905.zip dcs.log-20221028-192520.zip dcs.log-20221028-192844.zip

Edited by diditopgun

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel I7 8700K / RTX 3080 / 32Go DDR4 PC21300 G.Skill Ripjaws V / MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon / Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold - 1000W / Noctua NH-D14 / Acer XB270HUDbmiprz 27" G-synch 144Hz / SSD Samsung 860EVO 250Go + 1To / Cooler Master HAF X / Warthog+VPC WarBRD / Thrustmaster TPR / Track-IR v5 + Track Clip Pro / Windows 11 64bits.

New test in the same dedicated server. It don't crash on the Forrestal, but it crash on the Trumman.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel I7 8700K / RTX 3080 / 32Go DDR4 PC21300 G.Skill Ripjaws V / MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon / Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold - 1000W / Noctua NH-D14 / Acer XB270HUDbmiprz 27" G-synch 144Hz / SSD Samsung 860EVO 250Go + 1To / Cooler Master HAF X / Warthog+VPC WarBRD / Thrustmaster TPR / Track-IR v5 + Track Clip Pro / Windows 11 64bits.

29 minutes ago, diditopgun said:

New test in the same dedicated server. It don't crash on the Forrestal, but it crash on the Trumman.

Can confirm this. My RIO CTDs every time he tries to jump into my 14 when on the deck of the SC. We switched to a Forrestal spawn, and bam it worked. 

• ED Team

Gentlemen, can you remember which aircraft did you fly before F-14? In the same multiplayer session or in previous, even in singlepayer. We have hypothesis and want to confirm it.

• Like 2

Men may keep a sort of level of good, but no man has ever been able to keep on one level of evil. That road goes down and down.  
Можно держаться на одном уровне добра, но никому и никогда не удавалось удержаться на одном уровне зла. Эта дорога ведёт вниз и вниз.

G.K. Chesterton

DCS World 2.5: Часто задаваемые вопросы

When talking about my issue, we've been trying to get into F-14 from scratch as well, as after flying Ah-64, and possibly F-18.

Natural Born Kamikaze

We get in the tomcat directly too. 

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm kinda getting this too. I don't get the CTD, but I can't join another player at all. They will get the request and approve it, but no status change on my end. Doesn't matter if it is my first flight of the session or not. Also makes no difference if it's a carrier based spawn or land base.

The request for me just sits here like this:
Screen_221104_214146.jpg

Edited by Diesel_Thunder

PC: MSI X670E, Ryzen 9 7900X, 64GB DDR5 RAM, RTX 3090 Ti, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight pedals, Opentrack

Link to my Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/DieselThunderAviation

Commander, 62nd Virtual Fighter Squadron

Join the 62nd VFS today! Link to our discord server: https://discord.gg/Z25BSKk84s

Patch_v1.2 small.jpg

21 hours ago, Callsign JoNay said:

Any chance of a hotfix coming this week? My VFW's Tomcat pipeline is on hold because of this. 😧

I'd like to echo this request as I almost exclusively fly backseat in the Tomcat. Couple other DCS RIO's I know are also kinda out of business as well.

• Like 1

PC: MSI X670E, Ryzen 9 7900X, 64GB DDR5 RAM, RTX 3090 Ti, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight pedals, Opentrack

Join the 62nd VFS today! Link to our discord server: https://discord.gg/Z25BSKk84s

Patch_v1.2 small.jpg

20 minutes ago, Diesel_Thunder said:

I'd like to echo this request as I almost exclusively fly backseat in the Tomcat. Couple other DCS RIO's I know are also kinda out of business as well.

Diesel, how you doing man?

Though this is only a problem with the super carrier. Get in a RIO slot on a non super carrier and you can avoid the CTD, or atleast wait for the pilot to get off the super carrier deck as a temporary workaround.

47 minutes ago, Rinz1er said:

Diesel, how you doing man?

Though this is only a problem with the super carrier. Get in a RIO slot on a non super carrier and you can avoid the CTD, or atleast wait for the pilot to get off the super carrier deck as a temporary workaround.

I’m doing good, you?

My experience is like my first post above. Doesn’t matter if the pilot is on deck, in the air, or on shore. They can approve the request which they see and seems to work as expected, but I never get the confirmation on my end nor get slotted into the RIO seat. I haven’t gotten the CTD though. I’ve waited for minutes with no status change.

I’ve been flying single seat aircraft in the meantime. Been really wanting to check out the new features in the backseat since 2.8 released but haven’t been able too yet.

Patch_v1.2 small.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

On 11/6/2022 at 8:31 AM, Diesel_Thunder said:

I'm kinda getting this too. I don't get the CTD, but I can't join another player at all. They will get the request and approve it, but no status change on my end. Doesn't matter if it is my first flight of the session or not. Also makes no difference if it's a carrier based spawn or land base.

The request for me just sits here like this:
Screen_221104_214146.jpg

I had the same problem on that server, but haven't on others.  

I haven't seen any tomcat fixes from this patch so far, but i haven't been able to test multicrew SRS radios yet and see if the frequency hopping bug is over.

Former USN F/A-18E/F Avionics Tech @ VFA-103 & VFA-106
Former T-34C & T-44A/C Plane Captain

14 hours ago, Callsign JoNay said:

I was surprised and disappointed that there was no mention of a fix for multicrew in the November 17th patch. Anyone know if this is the official November patch? Or is this more of a mid-month hotfix? This is going to suck if we have to wait until late December for working multicrew. 😩

Please check if this is still happening. We skipped this patch because the deadline was moved up with too little warning, but ED was working on a fix internally.

• Like 1

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/