What in the actual HECK happened to the nav system?

SickSidewinder9
Go to solution Solved by Tholozor,

Little heckin bamboozled here.  Does allign just take longer now on cold start?  Coords will be right.  Even the TGP might point in the right place.  But display on the HUD/HMD is not at the right altitude, or even the right place.  Waiting till I get 10/X on the INS display takes forever.  Thought it was me doing something wrong, so did Autostart, and when it says INS aligned, I guess it's not?  Autostart is seriously incomplete, btw.  Doesn't set altimeter, doesn't change it to elec, doesn't turn on IFF.  Doesn't set stores cat, if it's supposed to.  Doesn't switch off backup radio.  Pretty sure it should close the canopy WAY earlier.  Also, it doesn't turn on RWR and other equipment, and I can't really do it with the canopy latch in the way.

Anyway.  Didn't see anything in the changelog about changes to the nav system, but it seems messed up.

Oh and poor FPS.

lighting looks good though.

Is this a Bug report? ... or just a rant? 🙄

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

• ED Team

Please if you want to report a bug keep to one topic per post and include a track replay example showing the issue. 

thank you

• Like 2

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• Solution
22 minutes ago, SickSidewinder9 said:

So, I think I just have to wait a lot longer.  Was that changed in this release?  After about 8/X it is pretty accurate.
Also, I appreciate the zombie sounds, but can I turn them off now?

8 minutes or so is standard for a NORM alignment. Stored Heading takes about 90 seconds.

You can turn off the Halloween effects with 'no_easter_eggs = true' in your autoexec.cfg.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/

I always apply the brake even if it looks like I’m level and will not move. Not sure if that’s always necessary but alignment works every time.

Can’t hurt…

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i7 10700K OC 5.1GHZ / 500GB SSD & 1TB M:2 & 4TB HDD / MSI Gaming MB / GTX 1080 / 32GB RAM / Win 10 / TrackIR 4 Pro / CH Pedals / TM Warthog