DCS crashing when incoming missile hits

Hiten Bongz

7 hours ago, uboats said:

neither ED nor us can reproduce it

Are you trying to reproduce it under the same conditions? Populated multiplayer server, trying to evade an AIM-120, then getting hit by the missile?

If you are trying this in single player or something then all bets are off, because this might only be an online multiplayer bug for all I know...

Sent the last track file I posted to a GS server admin and it crashes for him too. Flappie said he's using a different DCS build...are you using the current Open Beta build @uboats? Flappie said the track file wasn't even working properly for him, but testing using a different build...that's not surprising...

image.png

Edited by Hiten Bongz

• 3 months later...
On 2/22/2023 at 3:34 AM, FlankerFan35 said:

Still getting this bug, but only when being teamkilled by 120C 😞 

hmmm, so crash only being killed by team 120C?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

can you please upload the crash log?

if still like previously reported, it's something related to wRadarSensorBase, then it's the aim120c's seeker radar

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

2 hours ago, FlankerFan35 said:

Heres most recent one, dont even know if i got hit, had warning, went to dive then crash.

dcs.log 227.44 kB · 2 downloads

image.png

it's aa missile seeker radar

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

1 hour ago, TEOMOOSE said:

to me it seems the crash happening right when you get hit by a missile, (120c in my case)

when you were hit, were your also guiding sd10 attacking target?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

27 minutes ago, uboats said:

From reviewing the tacview the sd-10 missile has long hit the ground and target killed by another. So i would say, no, guidance on the sd10. - attached tacview file to review.

As soon 120c missile *friendlykill* hit me i than  crashed to desktop.

crashtodesktopuponhit.zip.acmi

11 hours ago, TEOMOOSE said:

From reviewing the tacview the sd-10 missile has long hit the ground and target killed by another. So i would say, no, guidance on the sd10. - attached tacview file to review.

As soon 120c missile *friendlykill* hit me i than  crashed to desktop.

crashtodesktopuponhit.zip.acmi 478.07 kB · 0 downloads

do you mean teamkill? and crash only team killed by 120c?

did it happen on any MP server?

what about you never launch sd10 after take-off, and just wait to be killed by friend 120c? and see if crash (i know this could be tedious)

Edited by uboats

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I was just making a note that particular 120C was coming from a friendly aircraft but i dont think it has any significance to the issue. I experienced the issue from other platforms as well, but can only speak for amraams. Sorry if i confused you with the "friendly kill". 

These events occurred on a multiplayer server. 

I guess someone could try and fly online the Jf-17 waiting to be shot and killed and see what happens.

14 hours ago, uboats said:

Will have to until i can get the tacview file but i did what you asked. Joined in a multiplayer PvP server. Tookoff, never shot a single SD-10, never used the radar however it was activated, and let myself killed by a 120C. 

Surprisingly. after i got hit and killed by the amraam it never crashed to desktop. I only tried this once. Im not sure what would of happen if i continue to the same.

nopccrash.zip.acmi

Edited by TEOMOOSE

45 minutes ago, TEOMOOSE said:

it is fair to guess that the crashes may occur when sd10 launched once or more with or without radar guidance.

need more test to confirm, because not all hit by 120 caused crash

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]