How to disable Halloween Feature please?

Dangerzone
Go to solution Solved by BIGNEWY,

I cant believe it, I just jumped into a plane and started hearing voices and creepy sounds...

Please tell me that the developers couldnt have better spent their time fixing the Apache FM...

• Like 11

Intel i9-13900k, Asus Z790-E Gaming Wifi II mobo, 64gb Corsair DDR5-6400 RGB ram 2x32gb XMP2 profile, 2TB Crucial T700 PCIE 5.0 SSD internal, 2TB Samsung 980 Pro PCIE 4.0 SSD internal, Asus Tuf Gaming overclocked Nvidia RTX 4090, Corsair 7000X Case with 5 x 120mm intake fans and 4 x 140mm exhaust fans, side mounted Corsair H150i Elite Capellix 360mm liquid cooler w/Elite LCD with 6 x 120mm fans in push-pull intake configuration 2 x 32" Asus 2560x1440 displays, TrackIR5 w/pro clip, Thrustmaster Warthog stick and throttle, CH Fighterstick Pro and Pebble Beach Velocity pedals. 

• ED Team
  • Solution

Hi 

no_easter_eggs = true

in autoexec.cfg in the saved games DCS config folder. 

autoexec.cfg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

All work and no play. Have some fun. 

If you do want to disable it 

no_easter_eggs = true

posts merged

• Like 8

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

8 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

All work and no play. Have some fun. 

Might be a little tone deaf, just days after releasing 2.8.

I personally spent about 15 additional minutes troubleshooting my VR headset because the main menu background environment was all green. Thinking that it was a problem with my headset, 2.8 or something else. Before I realised what was happening.

Yep... fun. Thanks guys.

Edited by ellabella
  • Like 5

• ED Team

If you dont have a autoexec.cfg here is one.

Place it in your saved games dcs config folder

autoexec.cfg

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, speedbird5 said:

I can't find the autoexec.cfg in the saved games DCS config folder

Then create a blank file and add it in should do the job.   Edit: BN bet me by literally 1 second!!!!! 🤣

Thanks heaps BigNewy! I knew you guys wouldn't have left out an option - I just couldn't find any reference to it. 

Edit2: As for fun - I have no problems with the devs having a bit of time on the side to do this if it was fun for them. As a dev myself - I know how much keeping the fun alive really helps productivity. If people enjoy what they're working on - they just perform better. If this was fun for them to do, I'm sure it will pay dividends in return for good will and make it a more enjoayble workplace as well.

Edited by Dangerzone
  • Like 4

• ED Team

No problem, we get that some will not like it and the need to disable it.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

If you dont have a autoexec.cfg here is one.

Place it in your saved games dcs config folder

autoexec.cfg 146 B · 2 downloads

Thanks BigNewy.

For many people around the world Halloween is neither relevant or part of their culture.  I, like Ellabella above, spent a good 10 minutes trying to de-bug my audio settings.

Some might think it's funny, but it's a PITA.

Edited by speedbird5
  • Like 5

I was not aware about halloween feature until after mission i checked other planes status by F2, it was pretty creepy to see my wingman laying dead in the cockpit of his burning fighter and hear those crawling sounds and creepy music...had a good laugh!

But i understand some guys just want everything be always so serious and boring;)

• Like 7

CPU: Intel Core i7-2600k @3.40GHz | Motherboard: Asus P8P67-M | Memory: Kingston 8GB DDR3 | OS W10 | GPU: Sapphire R9 290x 8GBDDR5 | Monitor: Samsung Syncmaster 24" | Devices: Oculus Rift, MS FFB 2 joystick, Saitek X 52 Pro throttle, Saitek Pro pedals, Gametrix Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• ED Team

check inside the autoexec 

it should say 

no_easter_eggs = true

I did make an error in the first upload 

• Thanks 1

I don't want to make controversy or start sterile debates, but I think similar features in a flight simulator completely out of place. There should be an option for those who want to activate these features and not vice versa, for those who don't want to have them. However, thanks to Bignewy (for autoexec.cfg) to remove these, in my opinion, senseless features.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

Pumpkin runway lights... fine. A unexpected green lit sky during a squadron mission night over snow in the late afternoon sun... not alright. I can appreciate some fun, but after suffering through green skies, and then post mission, spending quite a bit of time trying to troubleshoot why my freshly installed open beta update that everyone is still dealing with framerate and graphics bugs and suddenly looks worse... gotta say the timing was poor. Nice gesture, poor timing.  

• Like 4

AMD FX8350 @ 4.2Ghz x 8, Asus M5A99FX Pro UEFI Board, 16Gb RAM @1600Mhz, EVGA GTX660 2Gb DDR5, 120Gig Corsair SSD SATA3 Boot Drive, Dual Corsair SSD FORCE 60Gig for gaming, TM Warthog HOTAS and Cougars, Saitek Proflight Pedals, TrackIR 5 w/Pro Clip, and WAY Too much time on my hands. :pilotfly:

Spent hours last night troubleshooting green effects assuming lighting bugs from 2.8

Wasted time reinstalling the game, video drivers etc.  

Hope ED enjoyed messing with their customers for a joke.   Maybe consider not everyone wants to be messed with who take the product serious.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

Hi 

no_easter_eggs = true

autoexec.cfg 132 B · 32 downloads

Thanks for the info ! Joke was good! But best jokes are short jokes 😉

4 minutes ago, USA_Recon said:

Spent hours last night troubleshooting green effects assuming lighting bugs from 2.8

Wasted time reinstalling the game, video drivers etc.  

Hope ED enjoyed messing with their customers for a joke.   Maybe consider not everyone wants to be messed with who take the product serious.

Yeah I had the same issue last night. Lucky for me I went to bed thinking I was gonna try fixing these issues today. Glad I found this post

• Like 2

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

I thought it was a lovely gesture of fun and goodwill from the team. It was very easy to tell it was deliberately done, perhaps the skeletons and the pumpkins could go on the front screen to help those that are only logging in after a while and not picking up on the date. Well executed, funny, thank you, and shows the caring side of the team. Please make sure you get them with the Reindeer, Tie Fighters on April fools and other such occasional nonsense.

Spoiler

The deck crew on the Super carrier were out of this world, well done!

• Like 4

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Not everyone saw skeletons we just saw green covering our views - which after a 2.8 patch - had no idea - thought my video was going bad.  Tried mission editor settings, repaired games etc .  At least 2 hours of frustration 

Had a planned sortie as a group which we had to cancel (you know husbands and father who take their free time serious) - only to spend the night frustrated and confused

This isn’t some kiddie App Store game - where Id expect this level of immaturity. Thought this was a professional level product ?

I don’t want flying turkeys, reindeer’s, April fools , Halloween costumes in my DCS product.

• Like 6

I thought it was a lovely gesture of fun and goodwill from the team. It was very easy to tell it was deliberately done, perhaps the skeletons and the pumpkins could go on the front screen to help those that are only logging in after a while and not picking up on the date. Well executed, funny, thank you, and shows the caring side of the team. Please make sure you get them with the Reindeer, Tie Fighters on April fools and other such occasional nonsense.

Spoiler

The deck crew on the Super carrier were out of this world, well done!

I agree!

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

• Like 2