How to disable Halloween Feature please?

Dangerzone
Go to solution Solved by BIGNEWY,

4 minutes ago, Pikey said:

I thought it was a lovely gesture of fun and goodwill from the team. It was very easy to tell it was deliberately done, perhaps the skeletons and the pumpkins could go on the front screen to help those that are only logging in after a while and not picking up on the date. Well executed, funny, thank you, and shows the caring side of the team. Please make sure you get them with the Reindeer, Tie Fighters on April fools and other such occasional nonsense.

Reveal hidden contents

The deck crew on the Super carrier were out of this world, well done!

Just NOT 4 days after a major update that has the vast majority of players still troubleshooting framerates and and other graphics issues. There was a lot of wasted time trying to fix a green sky post mission last night.   

AMD FX8350 @ 4.2Ghz x 8, Asus M5A99FX Pro UEFI Board, 16Gb RAM @1600Mhz, EVGA GTX660 2Gb DDR5, 120Gig Corsair SSD SATA3 Boot Drive, Dual Corsair SSD FORCE 60Gig for gaming, TM Warthog HOTAS and Cougars, Saitek Proflight Pedals, TrackIR 5 w/Pro Clip, and WAY Too much time on my hands. :pilotfly:

• ED Team
43 minutes ago, USA_Recon said:

Thought this was a professional level product ?

DCS is an entertainment product. Our professional products are not DCS. 

But thank you for the feedback. We do understand those who dont enjoy it, which is why it can be disabled. 

I also appreciate those who are enjoying it. 

thank you

• Like 11

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

It’s a for profit product with professionals building it with cost associated with it more than most any game out there - $60-80 modules etc ..

enough said - good luck - it is important to allow customers to voice reasonable feedback so glad on this medium I was able to do this for myself and my squad mates without being muted.  I’ll explain to them today that it was a hoax and not a bug in 2.8.

Glad we can disable it - didn’t know about this feature until this morning

• Like 1

• ED Team
14 minutes ago, USA_Recon said:

It’s a for profit product with professionals building it with cost associated with it more than most any game out there - $60-80 modules etc ..

enough said - good luck - it is important to allow customers to voice reasonable feedback so glad on this medium I was able to do this for myself and my squad mates without being muted.  I’ll explain to them today that it was a hoax and not a bug in 2.8.

Glad we can disable it - didn’t know about this feature until this morning

Sure an entertainment product is still for profit, we have to pay our team, but I understand what you are saying. 

Anyway happy Halloween 

thanks

• Thanks 1

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I See a Santa and reindeer mod coming. 😀 Love it

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

=&arrFilter_pf[gameversion]=&arrFilter_pf[filelang]=&arrFilter_pf[aircraft]=&arrFilter_CREATED_USER_NAME=chardly38&set_filter=Filter&set_filter=Y"]MY SKINS And Helios

i7 2600k 3.4 quad w/ Hyper N520 cpu fan_, Asus Sabertooth z77_, RX 580_, Corsair Vengeance 1800 8Gb ram_, 112 OCZ Vertex 3_, Corsair HX 1000, 3 screens res 5292x1050_,and 1 1680x1050 Helios Ir Tracker 5 with Pro Clip_,Hotas Warthog#12167 ...

Why i just can't disable it from menu? I back tired home, just want to fly a little, but no, green screen at my night relaxing mission, and only solution is change entry in file which don't exist, need to download one, very funny...

• Like 2

:pilotfly:

I for one LOVE all the doomy and gloomy stuff added for Halloween! Big Warhammer vibes (Morrslieb!).
Together with the new clouds everything presented itself to put together a quick atmospheric scene.

But I also understand those who got caught unaware and started troubleshooting unnecessarily.
Maybe add an option front and center when the game launches that gives the players the option to OPT IN for easter egg stuff instead of having to OPT OUT via editing config files.

Happy Halloween!

Edited by boerdi
  • Like 3

I spent all day figuring out the green hanger I thought my gpu or G2 was crapping out on me. So now I can say lol !

Update: all good now ! Relief I don’t have to buy another new thing as I just ordered a Virpil CM3 throttle. Thanks for the file BigNewy Cheers to the team !

Edited by Burt
  • Like 2

ALIENWARE R11 - I9 10900KF @ 5.1 GHz - M.2 NVMe 2TB - RTX3090  - XFURY 64GB -3400 MHz RAM

Monitor AW3420DW @ 120Hz - Virpil CM3 Throttle - TM TPR Rudder pedals - Virpil CM2 w/TM Hornet Stick Center - Monstertech Deck Mounts 

RealSimulator FSSB-R3 Lightning Base w/ F16SRGRH SideStick - VR user / Varjo Aero - Big Thx to mbucchia

Start Date April 2020 

😂 Wha ??.... am i 12 again ? Still ... funny thing sneaked inn though and appreciated somewhat ..., but a heads up or optional would have been nicer ED. You guys know so well we panic after all the things that actually needed updating or repairs ...

Thanks anyways.

Happy Halloween !

image.jpeg

Edited by RWC

Gotta vote no on this one guys. The time I had to fly tonight, I spent in the forums troubleshooting. If ED feels compelled to keep doing this then put a “spooky -  opt in” button on the splash screen. But saying “We’ve provided you a method  to opt out…  after you quit, search the forums, then manually edit a .cfg file” doesn't really track.

Edited by Hinkey
  • Like 2

On 10/31/2022 at 5:36 PM, joker62 said:

I don't want to make controversy or start sterile debates, but I think similar features in a flight simulator completely out of place. There should be an option for those who want to activate these features and not vice versa, for those who don't want to have them. However, thanks to Bignewy (for autoexec.cfg) to remove these, in my opinion, senseless features.

Agreed. Hopefully they will get this removed in next patch, and hopefully next patch won't be too long. 

• PC Specs: Intel i7 9700, Nvidia RTX 2080S, Corsair 64G DDR4, MSI B360M Mortar Titanium, Intel 760P M.2 256GB SSD + Samsung 1TB SSD, Corsair RM650x
  • Flight Gears: Logitech X56 HOTAS & Flight Rudder Pedals, HP Reverb G2
  • Modules: F-14A/B, F-15C, F-16C, F/A-18C, AV-8B, A-10C I/II, Supercarrier, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

Project: Operation Hormuz [F/A-18C Multiplayer Campaign]

On 10/31/2022 at 10:36 AM, joker62 said:

I don't want to make controversy or start sterile debates, but I think similar features in a flight simulator completely out of place. There should be an option for those who want to activate these features and not vice versa, for those who don't want to have them. However, thanks to Bignewy (for autoexec.cfg) to remove these, in my opinion, senseless features.

I couldn't agree more.

• Like 1
Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

• ED Team

correction -

event is for the 31st and 1st November after that it will automatically disable

• Like 1