The future of Vaicom

hornblower793

@Hollywood_315 @hornblower793 @MAXsenna

These are just words, ... but sending you a big thank you for making this possible!
I am looking forward in using VAICOM more again in the future.
What a product!!!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

@Hollywood_315 @hornblower793 @MAXsenna
These are just words, ... but sending you a big thank you for making this possible!
I am looking forward in using VAICOM more again in the future.
What a product!!!

I will pass your thanks on to the coding wizards who are making it happen

Sent from my SM-T835 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

What I instantly missed with the loss of VAICOM after 2.8 was being able to talk to jester and make radio calls that aren't possible with the menu system, such as refueling without rearming, repeating "inbound" without aborting, and custom F10 radio menus such as loading and dropping off troops or calling for smoke.

Not knowing that it was going to go public and having had VAICOM break my DCS 2.8 install, I already uninstalled and cleaned up DCS to run without VAICOM while retaining Voice Attack for basic key mapped functions such as turning ground power on/off and connecting/disconnecting ground air supply.

I am pleased to hear VAICOM is moving forward and better yet free for everyone. Removing VAICOM has eliminated some problems, such as broken trk files and conflicts with PTT button mapping between in-game, SRS, Discord, etc. So, I am going to wait for the dust to settle between DCS patches and the new community releases before I consider going back to using VAICOM.

Edited by streakeagle

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just got back to flying today after my 7 week layoff due to spine surgery - felt so good to be back in the air as especially as I now have Vaicom running with DCS again also. So far everything seems to be working fine for me with the Hornet. 

• Like 5

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

22 ore fa, streakeagle ha scritto:

What I instantly missed with the loss of VAICOM after 2.8 was being able to talk to jester and make radio calls that aren't possible with the menu system, such as refueling without rearming, repeating "inbound" without aborting, and custom F10 radio menus such as loading and dropping off troops or calling for smoke.

Not knowing that it was going to go public and having had VAICOM break my DCS 2.8 install, I already uninstalled and cleaned up DCS to run without VAICOM while retaining Voice Attack for basic key mapped functions such as turning ground power on/off and connecting/disconnecting ground air supply.

I am pleased to hear VAICOM is moving forward and better yet free for everyone. Removing VAICOM has eliminated some problems, such as broken trk files and conflicts with PTT button mapping between in-game, SRS, Discord, etc. So, I am going to wait for the dust to settle between DCS patches and the new community releases before I consider going back to using VAICOM.

I also have uninstalled vaicom, but the community package seems to do at least the same that hollywood315's version was able to do with 2.7, so I'm considering to install it back again. Is there something still missing in the community version? Do you suggest me to wait?

48 minutes ago, nessuno0505 said:

I also have uninstalled vaicom, but the community package seems to do at least the same that hollywood315's version was able to do with 2.7, so I'm considering to install it back again. Is there something still missing in the community version? Do you suggest me to wait?

No, it's all back in its previous glory. 

Edited by Lt_Jaeger
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, nessuno0505 said:

What I suggest is joining the VAICOM discord channel where you can find out the full status of the community version and judge for yourself. If you do decide to reinstall it and have any problems, that is the place to solve them.

As I mentioned above, VAICOM was always a tradeoff for me. It solved many problems and provided a big step up in immersion, but that came at a cost. The most annoying thing being that any command performed by VAICOM scripting is not recorded in the trk file. So my trk files would not show my aircraft starting up because I used VAICOM to asked for ground power or ground air supply or any other functions provided by ground crews required for an aircraft to start up and roll to the runway. So, I already had to map a lot of the commands I used the most to keyboard emulation commands.

I fly a lot on servers that have MOOSE based scripts for mission tasking, troop loading/deployment, calling for smoke on targets, etc. On older, simpler missions, VAICOM automatically added voice commands supporting these menus and it worked really well. In recent months, it has been son inconsistent that I have resorted to using the mouse/keyboard to perform those functions. Unless I was flying the F-14 and using VAICOM to talk to Jester, I have been using Vaicom less and less in favor of conventional Voice Attack keyboard emulation or simply using a mouse and keyboard as required.

I think flying without VAICOM for a few days or maybe even weeks will reveal just how much I want/need VAICOM. If I decide to re-install VAICOM, it will be after the development team has had a chance to squash any remaining bugs and maybe even add a feature or two.

Edited by streakeagle

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I just bought it couple damn weeks ago.. that´s just not right. 😬
Great that community is able to pick up though, even if i hate the damn thing myself. Couldn´t get consistent enough results after hours of trying, so i guess my mic and voice just aren´t made for voice recognition. 😄

Edited by Tenebrae Aeternae

PC: i7 8700k 32GB DDR4 3200 Mhz  RTX 3070 Ti Hotas Warthog Thrustmaster TPR Track ir 5 Bodnar BBI-32 Beyerdynamic DT-770 Pro Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 Lewitt LCT 240 Pro
Jets: A-10A A-10C Warthog A-10C II F-14 Tomcat F-16C Viper F-5E Tiger II F/A-18C Hornet F-15C Su-33 MiG-29 F-86F Sabre 
Choppers: AH-64D Mi-8MTV2 UH-1H Huey Black shark 2 Maps: Nevada Normandy Persian gulf Syria The Channel 
WW2: BF-109 K4 Fw 190 D-9 Dora Mosquito FB VI P-51D Mustang Spitfire LF Mk. IX  Other: Supercarrier WWII Assets Pack NS 430 Navigation System Combined Arms 

From a complete noob to DCS and Viacom / Voice Attack, thanks to the community for keeping this going. From what I've read in the new documentation this is exactly what I'm looking for to help while in VR. Now to install it to Voice Attack and see how much trouble i can get myself in trying to configure it. 

• Like 1

🖥️  i9-10900K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 64GB DDR4 3200, RTX 3090 Ti 24GB GDDR6X, Samsung 970 Evo Plus M2 PCIe SSD,  🥽 HP Reverb G2 v2 
 🕹️ VPC WarBRD, VPC Constellation ALPHA-R, VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, Logitech Flight Rudder Pedals 🗺️ FC3, A-10C II Tank Killer, F-14 Tomcat  Syria, Nevada, Persian Gulf

On 11/4/2022 at 3:38 PM, Lt_Jaeger said:

No, it's all back in its previous glory. 

In the new glory of the community. Many thanks to all that have contributed and thanks to Hollywood for his decision.

I've just upgraded to 2.8 and installed Vaicom 2.8.

It's working even better now.

• Like 1

Ryzen 7 5800X3D, MSI RTX 4090, 64GB DRAM, 2 x 1TB SSD, Triple Monitor 1920x1080p, Win11-Home

@hornblower793 just learnt from 

that vaicom will modify module device_init.lua file. This in 2.8 will break the IC. 

Edited by uboats

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

watching

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

My opinion on this VAICOM issue as a SINGLE pilot/player on a retired fixed income;

Many thanks to Hollywood for adding such immersion over the years, and additional thanks for the decision to hand it on to others to further expand and support. We all owe a debt of gratitude to him for that. He didn't get rich doing this, do the math on 'Revenue x Licenses'; it was a passion.

A possible future of VAICOM product development & support without a license fee, balderdash...continue charging for the product! 
It takes effort, talent, time and some passion to build/maintain this, TIME is MONEY. For those of you that may complain because you've already bought a license...it was well worth it. Divide that license fee by the number of hours you spent flying with such immersion....do the math; damn well worth it! How many beers, cups of Starbucks, packs of cigs, bags of Tostidos was that. Sorry, but you should be embarrassed by even whining about that small, token license fee.      Continuing a license based product ensures a future for it, especially with a larger team and a growing community. Be happy

Finally, upgrading to the 2.8 version??? I was considering rolling DCS back to 2.7xxxxxx latest version out of frustration. Then MAXsenna gave me simple instructions to d/l and install new Vaicom DLL. It took a whopping 3 minutes to complete and I was back on the tarmac 'requesting engine start' in my A-10C, F/A-18 and F-16. Thanks again MAXsenna!

So please, stop the whining, do the upgrade (doesn't even hurt), praise Hollywood's contribution to our community, and go drop a BOOM or FOX an adversary...be happy.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Asus B85 Pro Gamer - 32GB - Intel® Core i5-4460 CPU - SanDisk SDSSDXPS480G -Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

TrackIR5 - TM Warthog HOTAS Stick & Throttle - TM Cougar MFCDs - TM TPR Rudder Pedals - Razer Orbweaver - SoundBlasterX G5 DAC

On 11/7/2022 at 11:05 PM, uboats said:

@hornblower793 just learnt from 

that vaicom will modify module device_init.lua file. This in 2.8 will break the IC. 

Sorry for the delay in replying - we know there are issues with the new anti-cheat IC checking on some servers. Will raise with the team and see whether there is anything that can be done

• Like 1

Windows 11 Home ¦ Z790 AORUS Elite AX motherboard ¦ i7-13700K ¦ 64GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5 memory @ 5600MHz ¦ Samsung 990 Pro 1TB SSD for OS, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB SSD for DCS ¦ MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24GB ¦ Virpil WarBRD base with VFX grip, Thrustmaster A10c and F/A-18 grips ¦ VKB Gunfighter Mk4 and MCG Pro ¦ Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle ¦ VKB STECS Throttle ¦ Virpil TCS rotor base with Shark and AH-64D  grips ¦ MFG Crosswinds ¦ Total Controls Multi-Function Button Box ¦ Pimax Crystal

• 2 weeks later...

just an fyi. 

The final version of VC posted with free licenses does not work on the final 2.7 release. Perhaps because the last 2.7 release also had a network protocol change, I don't really know.

Anyway, the community edition does work on the final release of 2.7

This suits me personally because I reverted to 2.7 due from 2.8 due to VR performance issues. I suspect I'm not the only one.

On 12/5/2022 at 10:04 AM, xmudroller said:

If you can. Share the 2-5-27.zip. Tk.

Try here :thumbup:

Modules: [A-10C] [AJS 37] [AV8B N/A] [F-5E] [F-14] [F/A-18C] [FC3] [Ka-50] [M-2000C] [Mig-21 bis] [NTTR] [PG] [SC]

Intel i7-12700F, Nvidia GTX 3080, MSI MPG Z690 Carbon WiFi, 32GB DDR4 @ 1600 MHz, SteelSeries Apex Pro, Razer Basilisk 3

VKB Gunfighter 3 w/ F-14 grip, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster MFD Cougars x2, MFG Crosswind,

DSD Flight Series button controller, XK-24, Oculus Rift (HM-A)

Thanks a lot Its working again. Maybe I should not do any more up dates until this is all worked out.

13700K, MSI Z690 D4 Edge wifi, Swiftech H360X3 Cooling with Corsair Water Block, Gigabyte 4090 OC, G-Skill Z 3200mhz DDR4 @ 3333 CL16, Evga 850W G2 power supply, TM Warthog,  MFG Crosswinds Rudder, TrackIR 5, HP Reverb 2, Pimax Crystal

2 hours ago, Shortcut said:

Thanks a lot Its working again. Maybe I should not do any more up dates until this is all worked out.

The shift to community maintenance (and the provision of appropriate licensing) is finalised and there is a settled team working on it.

Regarding updates, those big brains maintaining Vaicom Pro have mentioned they hope to re-enable the update function within the app, but in the meantime any updates posted on the GitHub page are official and can be installed without concern.

Does that address your concerns re things being worked out? If not, please do explain either here or on the Discord, and no doubt someone from the team will be able to address them.

• Like 1

Modules: [A-10C] [AJS 37] [AV8B N/A] [F-5E] [F-14] [F/A-18C] [FC3] [Ka-50] [M-2000C] [Mig-21 bis] [NTTR] [PG] [SC]

Intel i7-12700F, Nvidia GTX 3080, MSI MPG Z690 Carbon WiFi, 32GB DDR4 @ 1600 MHz, SteelSeries Apex Pro, Razer Basilisk 3

VKB Gunfighter 3 w/ F-14 grip, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster MFD Cougars x2, MFG Crosswind,

DSD Flight Series button controller, XK-24, Oculus Rift (HM-A)