F/A-18 ASE dot floating in HUD.

CPT-Fox

I have tried in trainning, single player and multiplayer. When using an AMRAAM the ASE dot just seems to have a mind of its own and float to the very top of the HUD. I have tried uninstalling the moduel and reinstalling but no dice. I have only noticed this issue since updating to 2.8 . Could that be the issue? 

I have attemped to add a TRK buit it says the file size it too big.

Playing on openbeta version. 

Yea the ASE dot as far as I've seen is completely unusable floating around the HUD almost randomly.

The "known issue" makes it seem like it's sometimes usable, but I guess that's true since it occasionally randomly floats to the right position for a brief moment.

Hopefully when it's fixed they also add the correct lead/loft calculations as well

Edited by MARLAN_
  • Like 1

1A100.png?format=1500w  

Virtual CVW-8 - The mission of Virtual Carrier Air Wing EIGHT is to provide its members with an organization committed to presenting an authentic representation of U.S. Navy Carrier Air Wing operations in training and combat environments based on the real world experience of its real fighter pilots, air intercept controllers, airbosses, and many others.

Just experienced this in a multiplayer environment. But it seems to affect the Hornet HMD system too. 

Owned: Ryzen 3900x, MSI AMD 470x mobo, 32gb 3200MHz ram, Gtx 1660 Ti, 970 Evo Plus 500GB, MsFFB2, TIR5, TMWH+18c Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Buttkicker/SSA, WinWing F-18C . Next is VR for simpit

Art Of The Kill:

• ED Team

this is reported and a fix will be in a future patch

thanks

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• BIGNEWY locked this topic
  • 1 month later...

The ASE Dot for the 120's and 7's is still moving arround in the HUD like crazy.

This bug is not solved since 6 weeks allthough it should be high priority!

I know it is already reported, but come on guys this bug can not be unsolved  that long!

For my part this makes Air to Air combat really difficult, if not impossible. Still try to get that stupid dot into the circle to get a "Shoot" indicator light, but I can't.

SYS: MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge Wifi || Ryzen 5900x || Gainward RTX4090 || 2x16 Gb Crucial Ballistix RGB 3200@3800 || XPG Core Reactor 850 Watt PSU || Kingston Fury 2 TB NVME SSD || WD SN850 1TB NVME || 1 x 500 GB Crucial MX300 SATA SSD || 2 x HDD 3TB || Thrustmaster F-16 & F-18 Stick on Virpil War BRD Bases || WinWing Orion2 F-16EX Viper Throttle Combo || WinWing Orion2 F/A-18 Hornet Throttle Combo (With Finger Lift) || WinWing Takeoff Panel II MFG Crosswind Pedals w. Damper || 3 x Thrustmaster Cougar MFD || Multipurpose UFC ||  Wheel Stand Pro II

VR: HP Reverb G2

• 2 weeks later...

With the rollout of 2.8.1 is this bug now also in the stable branch, or was it fixed?

I mean guys, this is absolutely irritating and for me A/A combat is messed up with this bug.

SYS: MSI MPG X570 Gaming Edge Wifi || Ryzen 5900x || Gainward RTX4090 || 2x16 Gb Crucial Ballistix RGB 3200@3800 || XPG Core Reactor 850 Watt PSU || Kingston Fury 2 TB NVME SSD || WD SN850 1TB NVME || 1 x 500 GB Crucial MX300 SATA SSD || 2 x HDD 3TB || Thrustmaster F-16 & F-18 Stick on Virpil War BRD Bases || WinWing Orion2 F-16EX Viper Throttle Combo || WinWing Orion2 F/A-18 Hornet Throttle Combo (With Finger Lift) || WinWing Takeoff Panel II MFG Crosswind Pedals w. Damper || 3 x Thrustmaster Cougar MFD || Multipurpose UFC ||  Wheel Stand Pro II

VR: HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

it is being tweaked currently so you will need to be patient. 

thank you

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 2 weeks later...

I got 2.8 maybe 1.5 weeks ago and since am having a problem w/ 120Cs. When not using the radar screen but using the small dashed circle in the HUD to aim, it used to be that you get a square outline and a 'steering dot' I think it was called. So fly the plane toward the dot and eventually the square and the dot will be inside the aiming circle. Now it seems like the square and dot are going crazy. The square will eventually get into the circle, sometimes it turns into a diamond (saying the plane is actually an enemy) but the dot rarely does. And we now have that delay after the trigger is pulled. All in all, it is now much harder to use 120s than it used to be. Is there something I may be doing wrong especially w/ the crazy dot and square? I thought it might be too early to find a new tutorial that includes any changes from 2.8 but if anyone has found one a link would be great.

• 3 weeks later...

How  are are people doing anti air combat with the f-18 hornet? The the ase dot does not seem to ever work to let me get a shoot queue in the f18 so I can never tell when and we're to shoot my missiles and they almost never hit my target  compared to the f-16 I tried briefly so far which seems to work fine

i am trying to do the f-18 8v8 instant action mission for reference and it seems to effect all types of missiles that the mission gives you

ok thanks, i guess ill just learn the f-16 as my first plane then in the meantime as it seems impossible to correctly shoot any A/A missiles in the f-18 because of it

how are more people not complaining about this? it seems like  huge issue but when i looked it up i could hardly fine any info related to this

6 minutes ago, AdrianL said:

See this thread. It is bug

• 3 months later...