radios squelch/static issue since 2.8

Rongor

So far we had to flip all these squelch switches up at cold start to silence any radio static.

Now since the recent patch, if you don't do this, the static is only audible when the ground crew is talking to you or when TSD>MAP>UTIL>INST>ADF is enabled. You will then still have to flip up all the switches to silence the static completely.

Basically if you stand by your checklist and still enable all the squelch switches, you won't ever notice.

Edited by Rongor

Noticed this, as well. Static is no longer audible when dialing up the volume. Checked if squelch is already active, but the switch position had no effect. I noticed a short "static" noise, when I dialed through the range of the volume knob again, but couldn't pin it to a specific position. It only gave me a small burst of static, when dragging the volume knob with the mouse. (Can't better describe it).

- MP mission

- realistic comms

- Hosted myself 

- no SRS or other external voice, only discord

- no in-game voice chat

To reproduce:

- battery on

- start up APU

- mouse drag the Master Volume knob to full 

- try squelch switch positions to on drag the Master volume knob, set squelch to off again (no static) and mouse drag the Master volume knob, again.

Edit: all audio is routed to the headset output, as stereo.

Edited by shagrat
  • Like 1

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Same issue on the Mirage F1, so maybe it is a DCS issue rather than a Module’s.

• Like 1

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB