2.8 loading textures takes a loooooong time.

Das Boot

33 minutes ago, nighteyes2017 said:

from what im reading. the automatic clearing of the fxo and metashaders folder when updating is broken. Manually clearing them solved the slow loading for me. 

Didn't work for me. Even erased the entire saved games DCS folder without success.

AMD Ryzen 9 5950x, MSI MEG x570 Unify, G.Skill 128GB DDR4-3200, MSI RTX3090 Ventus 3x 24GB, Samsung PCIe 4.0 M.2 1TB 980 Pro, Seagate PCIe 4.0 M.2 2TB FireCuda 520, Quest 3

@Flappie

Is ED aware of this issue? If so, could this thread get tagged? There are already other threads on the issue like in the AH64 bug section ...

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/312158-game-very-slow-to-start-after-28/#comment-5082945

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 9 5950x, MSI MEG x570 Unify, G.Skill 128GB DDR4-3200, MSI RTX3090 Ventus 3x 24GB, Samsung PCIe 4.0 M.2 1TB 980 Pro, Seagate PCIe 4.0 M.2 2TB FireCuda 520, Quest 3

Also Seems like the ME takes forever to load the actual terrain coloring too.
Yes, this is actually more noticeable for me. Also deck textures on SC in the mission editor for example.

12900KF | Maximus Hero Z690 | ASUS 4090 TUF OC | 64GB DDR5 5200 | DCS on 2TB NVMe | WarBRD+Warthog Stick | CM3 | TM TPR's | Varjo Aero

we went from 2 secs texture loading to around 30 secs or more. This can´t be sign of the time changes.

• Like 3

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

I get zero time to load textures if there's no slot choice involved, if I have to choose a slot then it's typically 3-5 seconds to load it all in.  This is SP only, but any missions where it loads directly into the cockpit there is no waiting for texture load at all 🙂

Ryzen7 7800X3D / RTX3080ti / 64GB DDR5 4800 / Varjo Aero / Leap Motion / Kinect Headtracking
TM 28" Warthog Deltasim Hotas / DIY Pendular Rudders / DIY Cyclic Maglock Trimmer / DIY Abris / TM TX 599 evo wheel / TM T3PA pro / DIY 7+1+Sequential Shifter / DIY Handbrake / Cobra Clubman Seat
Shoehorned into a 43" x 43" cupboard.

On 11/10/2022 at 2:30 PM, fagulha said:

we went from 2 secs texture loading to around 30 secs or more. This can´t be sign of the time changes.

What is weird it does not take place always. Smaller number of players lead to normal load time. I suspect we might have a problem here with a single module or even livery.

• Like 1

on f-16 i have this. it seems to me that the textures load in layers. at one point it seems like the plane is sitting in water. about 5 seconds to load them all. here is a short video. it is an MP mission playing offline. if i go from one slot to another f-16 the textures are loaded.

https://www.pcwiseman.com/downloads_files/2022111207534705.mp4

• Like 2

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

3 hours ago, okopanja said:

What is weird it does not take place always. Smaller number of players lead to normal load time. I suspect we might have a problem here with a single module or even livery.

FC3 to A10A does the same thing, I have the same problem, As already stated it builds up layers over time. (Never youst to be the case)

2 hours ago, skywalker22 said:

Same here, for example:

null

image.png

Totally the same thing. On GS when full around 60 people I seed this in Flanker, Ka-50, etc. On Tempest I do not see these issues as well. There the missing modules are F-18 and F-16. In the last update some alleged optimizations in LODs for F-16, so maybe F-16 or F-18 are the root cause. On some other servers, e.g. BS modern Caucasus, this was sometimes a problem, sometimes not.