A10CII Clock Not Updating To LCL Time After 2.8

Scoop
Go to solution Solved by Stuka,

Hi all, anyone else seeing this after 2.8 update. Clock won't update after inputting local time into cdu, difficult to see i know but clock reads 5.26.08 instead of 9.26.08. Caucasus map

Screen_221102_170023.jpg

Asus Dark Hero X570, AMD 5800x Oc to 5ghz on 2 cores, RX6900XT Reference Oc to 2700mhz+MPT, All on Custom Water Loop, 3600 CL15 XMP, 2xCrucial P5P 1T M2, Hotas Warthog, Reverb G2,

Latest DCS Open Beta and VR only

A10CII and AH64D, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria, Marianas, Caucasus 

33 minutes ago, Scoop said:

Hi all, anyone else seeing this after 2.8 update. Clock won't update after inputting local time into cdu, difficult to see i know but clock reads 5.26.08 instead of 9.26.08. Caucasus map

Did it use to?  AFAIK, the clock is not automatically updated by the EGI, it's just an independent device.  According to flight manual, you can set the clock by pressing both buttons at the same time, which is not possible in DCS...

Yes in 2.7 i could change the clock through the CDU 

Asus Dark Hero X570, AMD 5800x Oc to 5ghz on 2 cores, RX6900XT Reference Oc to 2700mhz+MPT, All on Custom Water Loop, 3600 CL15 XMP, 2xCrucial P5P 1T M2, Hotas Warthog, Reverb G2,

are you talking about the time on the clock on the bottom left of the panel? That’s just a clock. I don’t think in the real jet it communicates with the EGI. The time that matters is in the bottom right of the HUD. Is that not updating when you do the local time adjust?

• Solution

This is intended.  The digital clock is not getting its time (or time adjustment) from the CDU anymore, but it's independent.

At mission start, the digital clock is initialized with GMT.  To be able to change it, you have to press the clock's select and control button. (best use keyboard/keybind for that).

The hours digit will start flashing, and you can adjust it by pressing the control button.  Pressing the select button again, will make the minutes digit start flashing.  Also set this with the control button.  Repeat the steps for the seconds digit.

Pressing the select button 1 more time, will bring the clock back to normal mode.

dUJOta.jpg

Windows 11 | i9 12900KF | 64GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | TM MFDs + Lilliput 8" | TIR5 Pro

Thanks, just checked this and it is as you say now. No mention of this method in the A10CII manual though and no mention of this in the changelog either.