Damage Issue - Tail shot off but tail rotor works

FalcoGer

• ED Team

this was fixed if you are still seeing the issue we will need a track replay example to check 

it could be desync so I will mention it to the team

thanks

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

9 hours ago, BIGNEWY said:

this was fixed if you are still seeing the issue we will need a track replay example to check 

it could be desync so I will mention it to the team

thanks

It was the latest version of openbeta at the time of posting (yesterday). I was the only pilot flying. Chaff and flares didn't work and the count didn't decrease either in the displays, but the tail rotor kept working (despite there being neither drive shaft nor hydraulics). What was desyncronized from what? When was this fixed? I was evading the missile and I thought it was a bit strange to be hit by it at the point. I can not provide the track as it is several hundred megabytes in size.

I can confirm witnessing this on three separate occasions. Once before the most recent patch on my own aircraft, then twice yesterday to two separate clients. On all occasions, the aircraft icon disappeared from the F10 map. For one client, I had left the server and came back in and the F10 icon for their aircraft came back for me, but not for them or any other clients. In all cases it was possible to repair the aircraft but the aircraft was "dead" according to the game.

I was able to replicate this in single player with a quick mission and explosion effect. To replicate: start the mission, occupy the blue AH-64D slot, wait on the ground for 10 seconds until the explosion occurs. Afterward the tailboom will be gone, but the rotor blur will remain and full control of the aircraft will be retained.

AH-64 NOTAR.trk

AH-64 NOTAR.miz

• Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, NeedzWD40 said:

I was able to replicate this in single player with a quick mission and explosion effect.

Well damn, that is clever. Well done doing that.

• Like 2

MSI Z690 EDGE | i5 12600K | RTX 3070 TUF OC 8GB | Kingston Fury Renegade 32GB 3600MHz CL16 | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 360 |SilverStone 1000W Strider 80+ Platinum PSU | LG 34GN850 UWQHD 160Hz G-Sync HDR IPS 34in Monitor | Antlion Audio ModMic Uni-Directional Microphone with Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Back Studio Headphones | Behringer Xenyx 302USB Mixer | Virpil T-50CM3 Throttle | DELANCLiP head tracking | Gunfighter Mk.III MCE Ultimate | Crosswind Pedals | W10

LOL, I thought it was just me. Same thing happened to me 2 days ago, I flew for another 20 minutes or so and depleted all of my hellfires and went back to base with no problem except a tad of difference in the controls and I lost one of my radios

image.png

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

• 3 weeks later...

Happened to me last night on MP - I have the latest OpenBeta.

ApacheError.jpg

i9 12900KS, ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 APEX, 64 GB DDR5 4700 mhz, ASUS RTX4090, Water cooled, C - NVME SSD, 😧 DCS on SSD, TM HOTAS Warthog Stick & Throttle, Crosswind rudder Pedals, 2 x Thrustmaster MFDs on LCD Screens, Varjo Aero VR, Logitech game controller

• 3 weeks later...

Can confirm this is still an issue

Happened to me yesterday while in the CPG seat and (while spinning in circles) I could still have George PLT AI increase and decrease altitude 😅

Edited by sirrah

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

• ED Team

we will continue to watch for it, but in our MP tests seems ok. 

could be desync

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

28 minutes ago, BIGNEWY said:

we will continue to watch for it, but in our MP tests seems ok. 

could be desync

Fwiw, mine was during SP

• Like 1

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

• ED Team
40 minutes ago, sirrah said:

Fwiw, mine was during SP

ok thanks we will watch for it 

Happened to me last night in SP. Hard landing on the oilrig. 

CPU: Intel I7 7700k /Ram:32gb_ddr4

GFX: Nvidia Asus 1080 8Gb

Mon: Asus vg2448qe 24"

Disk: SSD

Stick: TM Warthog #1400/Saitek pro pedals/TIR5/TM MFDs

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...

I can fly around in this condition and fight like nothing happened...

DCS_2023.01.25-14.57.png

MODUALS OWNED       AH-64D APACHE, Ka-50, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, Mi-24,Gazelle, FC3, A-10C, A-10CII, Mirage 2000C, F-14 TOMCAT, F/A-18C HORNET, F-16C VIPER, AV-8B/NA, F-15 E, F-4 Phantom, MiG-21Bis, L-39, F-5E, AJS 37 Viggen, MiG-19, F-86, MiG-15Bis, Spitfire IX, Bf-109K, Fw-190D, P-51D, CA, SYRIA, NEVADA, NORMANDY, PERSIAN GULF, MARIANA ISLANDS,SUPER CARRIER, WORLD WAR II ASSETS PACK, HAWK T1

SYSTEM SPECS            AMD  7600X 4.7 Ghz CPU , MSI RX 6750 12 gig GPU ,32 gig ram on Win11 64bit.

Still an issue in latest release.

This also causes the aircraft to be "dead" to AI, so you can't repair it because the ground crew doesn't respond. It also stops AI units from shooting at you, so you have basically cheat mode on if this happens. At the same time it doesn't count as an aircraft loss on the score board.

1. If the aircraft is "dead", then kill (explode) it. (janky quick fix)
  2. If the aircraft is still flying, don't say it's "dead" until it has actually exploded from damage taken. (preferred)

Edited by FalcoGer
  • Like 2

This same thing happened to me in multiplayer yesterday, though I didn't realize that's what it was.  Took an ATGM that knocked out my No1 engine, limped back to the farp, but my attitude when landed was wrong so i looked at F2 view and saw i had no tail...  I assumed I had just landed too roughly, but I didn't make contact tail-first...

• BIGNEWY locked this topic
  • 2 weeks later...

This evening I was CPG in an Apache on a MP server. A mate was in the PLT position. We took some ground fire resulting in a damaged engine. On disengaging and proceeding back to our base I took the opportunity to go to the external view. Surprised to find we were still flying without a tail boom - although the tail rotor was still visible. Not sure if it is a module issue or a DCS World issue.

Screen_230209_220757.jpg

• 3 weeks later...