MSFFB2 + X52

Welp, I have the stick I always wanted. Obviously inspired by Urze's awesome stuff!

607470472_forcex52.thumb.jpg.c1bbde7900be186f6672a5ee8ac512b9.jpg

2103747567_forcex522.thumb.jpg.0eb1138f4816b88ad4a97e503101e937.jpg

1700542033_forcex523.jpg.ff9cdd0bf24c47971e32df420f137a4f.jpg

It was pretty straight forward... the only tricky part was mating the two shafts together... I ended up using a pipe coupling and epoxy... that and splicing all the wires back together on the lead from the x52 handle was a pain. Other than that, though, smooth sailing. It shows up as two sticks now (2 usb connections) axes from the MSSFFB2 and buttons from x52. Except for the rudder... that still comes from the x52.

Chris

Edited by sbern
  • Like 1

nice work!! is ther any space inside the MS base for the x52 board or do you have to keep it external?

Rig Specs: AMD FX-60 @ 2.6ghz - DFI Lanparty SLI UT - 4gb Mushkin Redline Ram - WD Raptor 300gb HDD - EVGA 260GTX 940mb - SoundBlaster something Live:P - Samsung 20.1" Syncmaster 204B (Camera) and Shuttle 17" xp17 (Abris & Shkval)

Flight Controls: Franken Force CH 568/Logitech Wingman Force 3D Hybrid - CH Pro Throttle - Logitech Momo Wheel Conversion to FFB pedals - Belkin N52

There is room inside between the two motors... I was just in too much of a hurry to play with it after I got all the wiring done! I can't actually figure out a good way to hold the jack for the ps2 cable that goes from the throttle to the stick in place. I may end up just cutting a hole and using epoxy, but the jack is on a little chunk of circuit board that makes it tough to position correctly.

Actually, now that I think of it I'll get a short ps2 extension and use that... leave the male end plugged in inside the case, hang the female end outside or cut a hole and epoxy it in place. That won't happen till I'm done playing around though :)

:thumbup: It makes me very happy to see that others do the same.

(But ...

Why did you go only the half way and didn't extended also the shaft?)

BTW : It works also wit a MS SW FFB-Gameport model. You need only a cheap soundcard with a Midi/Gameport. (A USB to Midi connector will not work.)

Edited by urze

Well, I didn't extend the shaft since I use my desk/chair for a lot of stuff so I mostly play with the stick on the desk. Plus I'm way too lazy to add a mounting tray to the chair.... the upside is that the shaft is actually threaded into that pipe coupling so I could make an extension and screw it on there.

• 4 weeks later...

master piece well done man.

Asus ROG Crosshair Hero VIII , Ryzen 3900X, Nzxt Kraken Z73, Vengence RBG Pro DDR4 3600mhz 32 GB, 2x Corsair MP 600 pcie4 M.2 2 TB , 2x Samsung Qvo SSD 2x TB, RTX 3090 FE, EVGA PSU 800watt, Steelseries Apex Pro. TM WartHog,TM TPR, Track IR, TM 2 x MFD, Asus VG289Q, Virpil Control Panel#2

:thumbup: It makes me very happy to see that others do the same.

(But ...

Why did you go only the half way and didn't extended also the shaft?)

BTW : It works also wit a MS SW FFB-Gameport model. You need only a cheap soundcard with a Midi/Gameport. (A USB to Midi connector will not work.)

I'm 99% sure Vista doesnt support gameport controllers anymore and with XP you have to hack it. Some guy on the Creative forums hacked a joystick driver into XP and Vista 32 bit but if you have any 64 bit operating system you are out of luck :/

It's a real bummer. I have a MSFFB1 gameport and some nice CH rudder peddals I can't use anymore....

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

System Specs

Intel I7-3930K, Asrock EXTREME9, EVGA TITAN, Mushkin Chronos SSD, 16GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z series 2133, TM Warthog and MFD's, Saitek Proflight Combat pedals, TrackIR 5 + TrackClip PRO, Windows 7 x64, 3-Asus VS2248H-P monitors, Thermaltake Level 10 GT, Obutto cockpit

There are tons of cheep ffb on ebay, if that helps.

I have now a wide range of (FFB-)Sticks that I can put appart to show you what you can do with them. - but before I get to the point that I can show you my outcome and also post Tutorials: some time wile pass (Talking about several weeks/months).

FILE0472.jpg

A possible outcome:http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=33320

But every one should go ahead and try to do the same!!!

Its really easier as it seems at the first look!

And you can get a MSFFB1 plus a old Thrustmaster Topgun (to use as grip for instance) for under 30$ dollars at ebay!- if you look carefully.

If some one will start to do it: please drop me a note and I could help you out and track your thread!

Or even (If the time allows it) join you over Skype and answer questions- sometimes much easier as writing here in the board for me.

Edited by urze

And you can get a MSFFB1 plus a old Thrustmaster Topgun (to use as grip for instance) for under 30$ dollars at ebay!- if you look carefully.
:smilewink:

gedc0350yz9.jpg

The TQS now use the USB "guts" of Saitek Cyborg. The next step is rewire F16-FLCS plus HALL senor and TQs with BU0836.

Sokol1_br

• Like 1