JF17 CM802AK not tracking

oyen20

On 11/4/2022 at 3:43 PM, oyen20 said:

Hi, I've been having issue with the CM802AK not loacking and tracking ships and instead flying past them. I'm using DIR with a ship locked in SEA1 or SEA2Tacview-20221104-233723-DCS.zip.acmi 

Tacview-20221104-233025-DCS.zip.acmi 437.83 kB · 4 downloads

you can make a test miz, and place small/medium/large ships, and compare the echo sizes. you need to set target size properly to match the echo size

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

16 hours ago, uboats said:

you can make a test miz, and place small/medium/large ships, and compare the echo sizes. you need to set target size properly to match the echo size

Hi, I was indeed doing that to practice for squadron anti-ship missions. I've been having the issue that the missile misses the target on different size of ship and target size of the missile.
The issue seemed to happen more with pop-up mode and with TGT in large.

1 hour ago, oyen20 said:

Hi, I was indeed doing that to practice for squadron anti-ship missions. I've been having the issue that the missile misses the target on different size of ship and target size of the missile.
The issue seemed to happen more with pop-up mode and with TGT in large.

it's better to share trk, acmi is useless for debug

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 3TB SSD |

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

• 2 months later...
2022/11/5 AM6点43分,oyen20说:

Hi, I've been having issue with the CM802AK not loacking and tracking ships and instead flying past them. I'm using DIR with a ship locked in SEA1 or SEA2Tacview-20221104-233723-DCS.zip.acmi 

Tacview-20221104-233025-DCS.zip.acmi 437.83KB · 9次下载

I restored your environment in OB ver & Test ver, but still can't reproduce this situation. Do you have more detailed information or TRK? I want to check your SMS configuration.

Tacview-20230121-022325-DCS.zip.acmi

Hey, this test was done 3 months ago so i won't be able to be sure to identify them but i have those two tracks which are from the same months. I'll test this this weekend either way and tell you if i can reproduce it again (and send you a track)

• 4 weeks later...

Is this list of target sizes still correct? 

I’ve been trying to hit Ivanov with target size setting set to medium but each missile just flys past the ships. 

edit: switched to small target setting and hit ivanov cargo ships. 

Edited by BeerNfrites

• 2 months later...
vor 6 Stunden schrieb Napillo:

that's why they have it fly low, so that it'll be difficult to spot...

Yes, but no. I meant in the context of DCS it will become impossible to intercept the missile as no AA would be abled to track it below 10m, and the C802AK will become a wonder-weapon 

8 hours ago, BigBorner said:

will become a wonder-weapon 

Rb-04E already is for the viggen, it does 50% damage no matter what, so having the 802AK hit when people tell it to fly low seems fine to me. Also, you should protect your carriers with some other ships. They never go at it alone (unlike those poorly written missions in DCS). Plus it doesn't do nearly enough damage.

vor 18 Stunden schrieb Napillo:

Rb-04E already is for the viggen, it does 50% damage no matter what, so having the 802AK hit when people tell it to fly low seems fine to me. Also, you should protect your carriers with some other ships. They never go at it alone (unlike those poorly written missions in DCS). Plus it doesn't do nearly enough damage.

Yeah but protecting something with more ships won’t work in DCS, because then the 802AK cannot be shot down if below 10 meters. It’s a DCS limitation. 
Ive seen RB-04 being shot down, so they are not the „wonder-weapon“ the 802 would be if flying below 10m. 

• 3 weeks later...

@uboats I am having the same problem with CM-802AK. It does not track for my as well. I have been playing the JF-17 DCS campaign and the desert thunder campaign and both have a anti-ship mission. One uses DIR mode using SEA1 mode and the other mission requires COO mode with TP. I am attaching the Trk files for the COO mission both with TP enabled and disabled. 

In both cases the missile flies over the ship. I have played around with settings such as cruise altitude, TML settings. I also co-related the TGT size with the PDF above and nothing seems to work.

Tacview-20230611-132127-DCS-JF17_C09.zip-NOTP.acmi dcs.log.old AG-802AK.trk AG-802AK-NoTP.trk Tacview-20230611-203515-DCS-JF17_C09.zip.acmi

Edited by morcerf
Tagging ED tester
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1