Warning lights flash in russian, even if the cockpit and the "turned off" textures are in English

Aigle2
Go to solution Solved by ouky1991,

• Aigle2 changed the title to Warning lights flash in russian, even if the cockpit and the "turned off" textures are in English

Confirmed, no matter what You select in special tab, they appear every time in russian.
To be more precise I noticed that the left panel when the lights are off the labels are in English but as soon as You turn on something they switch to Russian. The right panel instead are always in Russian.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Solution
On 11/17/2022 at 7:39 PM, Hotdognz said:

Yeh very disappointed that this was not fixed after it was introduced in 2.8 and were 2 patches in since it was stuffed up.

Found a workaround! Go to -Mods\aircraft\Ka-50\Liveries\Cockpit-Ka-50_2\english - and copy all 7 .dds textures there and paste them somewhere. Remove the "_ENG" (change "ka50_cpt_01_alb_ENG.dds" to "ka50_cpt_01_alb.dds" for example), do it for all 7 files and then paste those in the zip folder "Cockpit-Ka-50_2_Textures" in - Mods\aircraft\Ka-50\Cockpit\Textures - Make a backup before you do it just in case. Keep in mind that now the cockpit will be in english as a default.

If you don't wanna go through all that, here's a link to the edited "Cockpit-Ka-50_2_Textures.zip" folder

BTW in case you use any custom textures for cockpit in your "Liveries" folder, you have to rename your Ka-50 folder to "Cockpit-Ka-50_2" in order to see them in the special options in the game.

Edited by ouky1991
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 6

4 hours ago, ouky1991 said:

Found a workaround! Go to -Mods\aircraft\Ka-50\Liveries\Cockpit-Ka-50_2\english - and copy all 7 .dds textures there and paste them somewhere. Remove the "_ENG" (change "ka50_cpt_01_alb_ENG.dds" to "ka50_cpt_01_alb.dds" for example), do it for all 7 files and then paste those in the zip folder "Cockpit-Ka-50_2_Textures" in - Mods\aircraft\Ka-50\Cockpit\Textures - Make a backup before you do it just in case. Keep in mind that now the cockpit will be in english as a default.

If you don't wanna go through all that, here's a link to the edited "Cockpit-Ka-50_2_Textures.zip" folder

BTW in case you use any custom textures for cockpit in your "Liveries" folder, you have to rename your Ka-50 folder to "Cockpit-Ka-50_2" in order to see them in the special options in the game.

Thank you so much for this.

• Like 1

You can also take this file and replace one one in D:\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\Ka-50\Liveries\Cockpit-Ka-50_2\English 

The issue is, that the original Description.lua is not calling all the textures that it has to replace.

The original has around 40 lines, while the fix below has almost 260.

Edit: I recommend, that you make an copy of the "English" folder and rename it to "English - fix" or something similar, now you just have to select it in the Special Tab in the settings.

description.lua

Edited by Wyvern
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

On 11/24/2022 at 7:17 PM, Wyvern said:

You can also take this file and replace one one in D:\DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\Ka-50\Liveries\Cockpit-Ka-50_2\English 

The issue is, that the original Description.lua is not calling all the textures that it has to replace.

The original has around 40 lines, while the fix below has almost 260.

Edit: I recommend, that you make an copy of the "English" folder and rename it to "English - fix" or something similar, now you just have to select it in the Special Tab in the settings.

description.lua 18.26 kB · 13 downloads

Thanks, this works to fix Devrim's english custom cockpit that I'm using (fixed all the warning lights).

However it doesn't seem to fix the back wall which is still in Russian.

How does this section of the cockpit appear to you?image.png

null

Pimax Crystal VR & Simpit User | Ryzen CPU & Nvidia RTX GPU | Some of my mods

vor 2 Stunden schrieb TAIPAN_:

Thanks, this works to fix Devrim's english custom cockpit that I'm using (fixed all the warning lights).

However it doesn't seem to fix the back wall which is still in Russian.

How does this section of the cockpit appear to you?image.png

null

I will look into this, ill see whats up there.

• Like 1