REQUEST

Coxy_99

51 minutes ago, Coxy_99 said:

Please for the love of god remove that stupid trial only users allowed it looks so tacky and cheap..........

Forgive my ignorance, but what do you mean exactly?

Is this a MP thing?

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Its an MP thing, So theres now an extra random tab next to the favorites column. No idea how it even works assuming free trial users cannot join servers without the free trial icon, Its not even explained in the patch notes at all.
No, it does not prevent users from joint MP servers with trial modules. It's to prevent trolls from making multiple fake accounts and ruin the game for others on MP servers.
Pretty sure you're alone with this request. Remember it only prevents users without a single paid module. If you have one paid module this doesn't apply.

Sent from my MAR-LX1A using Tapatalk

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 11/6/2022 at 3:40 PM, MAXsenna said:

No, it does not prevent users from joint MP servers with trial modules. It's to prevent trolls from making multiple fake accounts and ruin the game for others on MP servers.
Pretty sure you're alone with this request. Remember it only prevents users without a single paid module. If you have one paid module this doesn't apply.

Why would you go through the effort to do so? Plus unless ive missed it its not even in any of the update logs hence why i asked, Still maybe ED should not do a free trial? Oops. Clearly they are abusing the system.

Edited by Coxy_99

Why would you go through the effort to do so? Plus unless ive missed it its not even in any of the update logs hence why i asked, Still maybe ED should not do a free trial? Oops. Clearly they are abusing the system.
Why? If your main DCS account is banned from a particular or even multiple servers, this used to be a workaround before server admins could prevent users with only free trial modules to enter all day long. Pretty sure it was in the patch log about two years+ ago.
Why shouldn't ED do free trials?
Cheers!

Trial Only Client restriction has been in DCS For a while under server options.

It may have just been added to the Server Browser, which is a simply 4px column, because as stated, Hackers and Users with negative intentions create new accounts and use trials to join servers just to do things to annoy other users.

A lot of users like to know it's a server that does not allow trial only clients for that reason, 

And if they are a trial only user, they'd like to know if they can join a server or not before trying to click into it.

Edited by SkateZilla
  • Like 2

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs