Campaign Russian Speech to be translated?

DTWD

I know the campaign has Russian spoken words (not counting AI/ATC) and english subtitles, but is there any news if this will be translated into English/other regions in a patch/future update?

I find it difficult at times to be flying and reading and pausing it is a bit of a imersion killer.

If there is no official plan can I have the script and I will practice my russian accent :D

Regards

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I know the campaign has Russian spoken words (not counting AI/ATC) and english subtitles, but is there any news if this will be translated into English/other regions in a patch/future update?

I find it difficult at times to be flying and reading and pausing it is a bit of a imersion killer.

If there is no official plan can I have the script and I will practice my russian accent :D

Last night was the first time I've actually played the campaign missions properly. I've only had a quick look before and was happy with modding and practicing in my own missions. Whilst the current Russian speech is realistic I found it very difficult to read the text and fly and would second the request for an English speaking translation.

I am hoping for an english voice MOD for the campaign also. The campaigns would also be allot more immersive if there was an option to start cold and dark. I spent allot of time memorizing the start up procs and would like to put them to good use. :cry: I know you can play the campaign as individual missions and enable cold and dark in the editor, but I really want to run in capaign mode if possible.

Rock on, be strong! :thumbup:

To Skypirate:

Open Scripts\Aircrafts\Ka-50\Cockpit\EKRAN\Device\EKRAN_localizer.lua and with notepad ++ edit this:

country = "EN"

if LockOn_Options.cockpit_language == "russian" then

country = "EN"

Instead of "EN" type "RUS" in the second place where "EN" is writed.

• Like 1

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

I am hoping for an english voice MOD for the campaign also. The campaigns would also be allot more immersive if there was an option to start cold and dark.

I feel the same, I don't quite trust it all booted up, I feel I might go for something and it not be switched on and I get in a flap.

Regards

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Please ED can we have it translated, or let me do it (if you provide the script)?

ED will not be re-recording all of the voice-overs. If you would like to do so as a community project, you have all of the texts in the missions already. In fact, this is exactly how many of the radio voices were recorded originally - by forum members.

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

ED will not be re-recording all of the voice-overs. If you would like to do so as a community project, you have all of the texts in the missions already. In fact, this is exactly how many of the radio voices were recorded originally - by forum members.

Can you tell me how to bring up the text without playing the mission and writing it down?

Regards

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Cool slug, I was going to try turning my hand to a Russian accent...you just but "ski" on the end of everything right? :D

I will study the script and work through the mission editor and get a full list of what needs translating and then figure out how many people/varients we need. So if anyone else wants to help shout up.

I can do the audio editing with no problems, but the more people providing voices (with good acting :) ) the better it will be.

Regards

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 months later...