Keep getting CTD with A10C2

Gryzor

My crashes were in the tomcat and the viper, Unfortunately for me it was only a full reinstall that has had any effect *so far* I did find out that online seems to be much worse for it and  the loading times are stupid long

I put together a test mission, flew it, no trouble, all the gfx were there when I started it, I then loaded it onto my DS 30 seconds later I was in the same place, hit fly and it took a good 30-60 seconds to load everything, jet, cockpit, terrain, objects the whole lot, took an age considering it was instant when I played the exact same mission not 30 seconds before.

Could that have something to do with it?

Tomcat, Tomcat über allen

20 hours ago, Flappie said:

Great! Some progress.

Can the others please confirm? @QuozL @Gryzor @DirtyMike0330

Will have a go tonight, just saw your post will try without the raster chart, FYI I am only flying the A10C2 in VR with Reverb G2. Usually the crashes have been with MAV on left MFCD and TGP on right. ALso seems to happen after first death when I am restarting at Incirlik or similar, sometimes if I leave everythign alone and let it go through the win - home startup it will be fine but other times if I do anything else while startup like open F10 it will insta CTD.

dcs.log-20221109-130557.zip dcs.log-20221109-123240.zip

Edited by QuozL

🖥️  i9-10900K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 64GB DDR4 3200, RTX 3090 Ti 24GB GDDR6X, Samsung 970 Evo Plus M2 PCIe SSD,  🥽 HP Reverb G2 v2 
 🕹️ VPC WarBRD, VPC Constellation ALPHA-R, VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, Logitech Flight Rudder Pedals 🗺️ FC3, A-10C II Tank Killer, F-14 Tomcat  Syria, Nevada, Persian Gulf

4 hours ago, QuozL said:

Will have a go tonight, just saw your post will try without the raster chart, FYI I am only flying the A10C2 in VR with Reverb G2. Usually the crashes have been with MAV on left MFCD and TGP on right. ALso seems to happen after first death when I am restarting at Incirlik or similar, sometimes if I leave everythign alone and let it go through the win - home startup it will be fine but other times if I do anything else while startup like open F10 it will insta CTD.

dcs.log-20221109-130557.zip 232.11 kB · 1 download dcs.log-20221109-123240.zip 261.5 kB · 1 download

Just make sure you dont turn the mav page to raster chart it will most probably crash. When you use the auto start function too it ends at the raster chart and can crash.

i have been flying the full day with a10 doing this and so far no more crashes.

Still crashed after getting shot down, restarted, did win home startup (sorry dont know full cold start procedure) while in startup changed to dsms screen and crashed. Attached file

dcs.log-20221113-080030.zip

Edited by QuozL

🖥️  i9-10900K CPU @ 3.70GHz, 64GB DDR4 3200, RTX 3090 Ti 24GB GDDR6X, Samsung 970 Evo Plus M2 PCIe SSD,  🥽 HP Reverb G2 v2 
 🕹️ VPC WarBRD, VPC Constellation ALPHA-R, VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, Logitech Flight Rudder Pedals 🗺️ FC3, A-10C II Tank Killer, F-14 Tomcat  Syria, Nevada, Persian Gulf

1 hour ago, Flappie said:

Can you please try attached track and see if it causes DCS to crash? It does not on my rig.

cold start + switching to TAD.trk 426.79 kB · 0 downloads

Sure but I have no idea how to load it / view it / run it. Can you give me a heads up, new to DCS so never loaded a track

BTW here is another crash from tonight, no going to the raster chart

dcs.log-20221113-111539.zip

In the main menu, click "Replay", then select the .trk file. From there, it will work like a regular mission, but you won't have control.

By the way, you can take control over the track whenever you want (press Escape, then choose "Take control").

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

2 minutes ago, Flappie said:

In the main menu, click "Replay", then select the .trk file. From there, it will work like a regular mission, but you won't have control.

By the way, you can take control over the track whenever you want (press Escape, then choose "Take control").

Do i need to copy it to the tracks folder first? If so should it go in the multiplayer folder in there? Or should I just point it at the folder I saved it to ?

So I chose Replay, picked your file and then launched it by selecting OK (I did not select Launch Multiplayer Server) it ran through the entire replay without crashing

If you look at the file I just posted it was a restart after being killed, (this is usually when it crashes) it is always when I chnage a screen or go to the map or similar while it is in the startup procedure. If I make it through that it is then usually when chnaging to the map while in the air. Happy to help with any testing to get to the bottom of this.

Cheers Q

Edited by QuozL
  • Like 1

As mentioned previously, 

Join MP server, choose A10-C II
do win home start up,  while this is going on if it is the first time joining server I can do anything on MFCD's or anything on the F1 to F12 menus, then fly, get killed

If I then reload from briefing, do cold start win-home procedure, if I then change any mfcd or go to any of the F1 to F12 screens or options screens (crew Chief etc.) it will crash 99% of the time. If i leave it to go through the start up procedure without touching anything I can sometimes get off the ground again but if I select anything like the map or change an MFCD screen it will crash immediately.

Will keep posting crash logs each time it happens.

FYI, PC specs are in signature, it's not a slow or low spec machine by any standards, I am using VR on a reverb G2 if that makes any difference

As I fly only the A-10 C II it has pretty much ruined the game for me until a patch / fix is found
Cheers for trying to help get to the bottom of it

Edited by QuozL
  • Thanks 1

Booted up the A-10C II to grab a crash log, lasted longer before I crashed than I usually get.

Multiplayer server, A-10C II cold start.
Used the auto start & flew around a bit, cycled through F2 & F7 cameras as going from F2/7/10 back to F1 is what usually causes my crash, all was fine.
Flew around until I was shot down, respawned & did an auto start, was on the F10 map when auto start completed, hit F1 & as soon as I was back in the cockpit the game froze & crashed.

Streamed it to capture what I was doing at the time - https://clips.twitch.tv/ModernBoredTildeImGlitch-t0Vq9sWGeSYu4gSf

dcs.log-20221114-063742.zip

• Like 1

Is this a known/acknowledged issue @BIGNEWYat this point? Seems like too many occurrences to be limited to user error. I have seen multiple issues on the forum now talking about CTD in Harriers, A-10s, and on multiplayer servers in general. I myself can attest that I NEVER had CTD issues prior to 2.8 and am now frequently crashing in the A10CII, I CTD 3-4 times in a row trying to take a Harrier slot yesterday (worked fine in Instant Action, but I play on a private multiplayer server with my squad). Something is definitely wonky post-update.  Yes, that is a scientific term 😄

• Like 1

PC: ASUS TUF 4090oc - Ryzen 7950X3D - 32gb DDR5 6000 - Quest Pro

Sims: DCS, IL2, MSFS

Pilot Skill: Drunk guy from Independence Day

RIO Skill: Goose (post neck-break) 

Another CTD tonight in the A-10 C II in VR.

This one was very straight forward, joined server, plane already in started state , enter waypoint of enemy sam, fly to waypoint, get shot down, return to briefing screen and CTD when clicking Fly. See attached logfile

Edit: and a second CTD after flying 128m to target, kill one target while getting ready to hit second target at same location task left MFCD to DSMS and game CTD. See second attached logfile

dcs.log-20221114-131610.zip

dcs.log-20221114-142017.zip

Edited by QuozL

Okay my crashes came in the Hotas Training. Both A10-C and A10-CII. To me it looked like it happened when I was switching the MFD and SOI around.

I noticed that there was an Windows update around a 11/13. Since then my Virpil control panel gives an error in joy.cpl if i click Properties. It works in the Virpil configuration and behaves normally in DCS.

Windows 10, version 22H2. Saw that there is a new update KB4023057, and I will see if it does anything good.

No luck. Just been flying the Hotas Fundamentals training and fooling around with the MFD's.

dcs.log-20221115-201425.zip

Edited by jonfog

I may have some good news. Devs were able to replicate the crash using one of the track files sent through the auto-report feature (you know, the grey popup window often showing up when DCS crashes - it's very useful to devs) and they are working on a fix.

🤞

Edited by Flappie
  • Like 5

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

Great news, have sent in crash report first before posting here everytime it has happened, glad they are useful and they have been able to replicate.