No SPI when INS aligned in 'NORM' mode

paloncho
Go to solution Solved by _SteelFalcon_,

Hello guys.

I'm brand new on the F-16, just got my hands on it a few days back.

I was surfing the forum but could not find anything related to the topic: when INS alignment is perform in 'NORM' mode, once finished and get into 'NAV' mode, I do not get Steerpoint information either in HUD or EHSI (eg, information rouded in red in the attached capture is missing).

On the other hand, when the alingment is done in 'STOR HDG', ¡steerpoint data appears in both HUD and EHSI and I see the "wedding cake" as SPI in FCR.

Could this be a bug or is there something I'm missing.

Thanks guys!

null

image.png

I fly a ka-50 so i'm not in danger... I AM the danger! :joystick:

• ED Team

Hi

please include a short track replay showing an example of the issue. 

Also ensure during start up you have confirmed your start position in the DED 

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• Solution
50 minutes ago, paloncho said:

Hello guys.

I'm brand new on the F-16, just got my hands on it a few days back.

I was surfing the forum but could not find anything related to the topic: when INS alignment is perform in 'NORM' mode, once finished and get into 'NAV' mode, I do not get Steerpoint information either in HUD or EHSI (eg, information rouded in red in the attached capture is missing).

On the other hand, when the alingment is done in 'STOR HDG', ¡steerpoint data appears in both HUD and EHSI and I see the "wedding cake" as SPI in FCR.

Could this be a bug or is there something I'm missing.

Thanks guys!

null

image.png

Do you even have coordinates for the selected steerpoint? does the HSI show a red flag top left?
even if you have aligned correctly (in NORM, dont forget to confirm the LAT / LONG / ELEV within the first 2 min by pressing ENT on each line in the INS page) if you dont have coords for the selected STPT, it'll show a red flag on the HSI

Edited by _SteelFalcon_
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Also make sure you are not rearming the aircraft. The rocking motion will mess up alignment.

Planes:                                      Choppers:                                       Maps:

• Flaming Cliffs 3                      Black Shark 2                                 Syria
  • A-10C Tank killer 2                Black Shark 3                                 Persian Gulf
  • F/A18C Hornet                       AH-64 Apache                               Mariana's
  • F-16C Viper   
  • F-15E Strike Eagle                   
  • Mirage 2000C
  • AJS-37 Viggen
  • JF-17 Thunder
  • F-14 Tomcat

5 hours ago, _SteelFalcon_ said:

Do you even have coordinates for the selected steerpoint? does the HSI show a red flag top left?
even if you have aligned correctly (in NORM, dont forget to confirm the LAT / LONG / ELEV within the first 2 min by pressing ENT on each line in the INS page) if you dont have coords for the selected STPT, it'll show a red flag on the HSI

That IS in fact right. Confirming the three entries (LAT/LONG/ALT) right at the start at the alignment solved it.

Now I got WP data on the HUD and distance to it in the EHSI (no more red flag crossing it).

You rock!

• Like 2

I fly a ka-50 so i'm not in danger... I AM the danger! :joystick:

7 minutes ago, paloncho said:

That IS in fact right. Confirming the three entries (LAT/LONG/ALT) right at the start at the alignment solved it.

Now I got WP data on the HUD and distance to it in the EHSI (no more red flag crossing it).

You rock!

cheers, glad i could help. enjoy this maginificent aircraft

• Like 2