Picture (cockpit) is squashed since 2.8 update.

Dragon11

I have been using DCS 2,7 Beta with 49inch monitor and Nvidia Gforce GTX2080ti either at native res (3440x1440) or upscaling (4k x 2k 2560 x1440 HD 67%) for extra frames, no probes/issues. Since 2.8 Cockpit/horizontal is now Squashed. I have tried all nvidia resolutions and upscaling options including native (3440 x1440) problem persists. HELP PLEASE.

KEN

check this setting in the nvidia control panel:

null

image.png

or this one:

null

image.png

The menu item should translate to something like "desktop size and position", and

the settings concern "scaling"

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

You can try to rename your savegames/dcs folder (don’t delete it!)

(or for a start your options.lua)

and see if the problem goes away.

• Like 1

"Muß ich denn jedes Mal, wenn ich sauge oder saugblase den Schlauchstecker in die Schlauchnut schieben?"

Hi Hiob,

have tried your suggestions and other things. I can now run 2.8 without the  Squashed cockpit/screen issue but ONLY with native resolution [3440 x 1440] selected in the nvidia resolution options. This means I can no longer use any of the nvidia upscaling options like I did in 2.7 which give me a great balance between performance and picture quality. Also, the runway textures are Blurry and horrible and make it unusable for me. Hopefully this is a bug/problem that ED will put right soon.

Thank you for taking the time to give me your help and advice. Happy flying

Ken 

2 minutes ago, Dragon11 said:

Hi Hiob,

have tried your suggestions and other things. I can now run 2.8 without the  Squashed cockpit/screen issue but ONLY with native resolution [3440 x 1440] selected in the nvidia resolution options. This means I can no longer use any of the nvidia upscaling options like I did in 2.7 which give me a great balance between performance and picture quality. Also, the runway textures are Blurry and horrible and make it unusable for me. Hopefully this is a bug/problem that ED will put right soon.

Thank you for taking the time to give me your help and advice. Happy flying

Ken 

hello. i have a suggestion that perhaps you have not tried. in the nvidia control panel, go to the global settings tab, take note of your settings, click the "restore" button. then go to program settings tab, find DCS, take note of your settings, then click the "restore" button. then try DCS. your problem is not affecting all users so likely not a bug. personally i have no problems like you describe.

AKA_SilverDevil AKA Forums My YouTube

“It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.” — Mark Twain

Is the resolution correct? Are you running a 49” ultra wide monitor or like a 49” tv? 32:9 aspect or 16:9?  A 49” ultra wide would be either 5120x1440 or 3840x 1080. 3440x1440 would be a 34” widescreen monitor with 21:9 aspect.. make sure the monitor resolution and aspect are still correct in dcs options…If its a 49” tv ( 16:9) then ignore me  😂

Intel i7 13700k, ASUS  rog strix z790A, 64gigs G.Skill Trident DDR5 @6400Mhz, Nvidia  RTX 4080FE, 2x 2TB Samsung M.2 NVME, 2x 1TB Samsung SSD,  Corsair RM1000x, Corsair h100i 240mm cooler, Lian Li LanCool 3, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate, VKB STECS , MFG Crosswinds, Track IR5, 48” LG UltraGear OLED & HP 24” touchscreen for Helios, Streamdeck XL, DCS-UFC App, Corsair Virtuoso RGB Headphones

On 11/7/2022 at 5:07 PM, Dragon11 said:

I have been using DCS 2,7 Beta with 49inch monitor and Nvidia Gforce GTX2080ti either at native res (3440x1440) or upscaling (4k x 2k 2560 x1440 HD 67%) for extra frames, no probes/issues. Since 2.8 Cockpit/horizontal is now Squashed. I have tried all nvidia resolutions and upscaling options including native (3440 x1440) problem persists. HELP PLEASE.

KEN

16 hours ago, MadKreator said:

Is the resolution correct? Are you running a 49” ultra wide monitor or like a 49” tv? 32:9 aspect or 16:9?  A 49” ultra wide would be either 5120x1440 or 3840x 1080. 3440x1440 would be a 34” widescreen monitor with 21:9 aspect.. make sure the monitor resolution and aspect are still correct in dcs options…If its a 49” tv ( 16:9) then ignore me  😂

He's right. The math in your OP doesn't add up. The upscaled resolution should be 2560 x 1080 and not 1440.

Hi Guys,

thanks for input/suggestions. Upscaled resolution set in Nvidia was indeed 2560 x1440 and worked/is working perfectly in 2.7! In nvidia upscaling selection choices there is NO 2560 x 1080 option,[or do you mean in game settings?] this choice is only available in the standard desktop resolution choices and therefore offers NO upscaling. I am now aware that for now I am restricted to using 2.8 at native res 3440 x 1440 with no upscaling and a hit on frames. Or staying with 2.7 and using nvidia upscaling to get those frames. Its a 49inch Monitor not TV.

Thank you all for your help and input

Ken

• 1 month later...