DCS Gets Mentioned in latest LTT Video covering DLSS 3.0

Canada_Moose

Well as much as DLSS would ultimate help VR performance as it will enable a higher resolution and better effects, I think even implementing something like TAA would help.  MSAA does a lot to smooth out the image but it is a GPU killer even with a RTX 4090.  TAA might provide a good balance between image and performance.

• 4 weeks later...

Who gives a cat about vulken and DLSSSSS and 99% of the alphabet. DCS needs a huge update to bring it to 2022 and not 1998. Its as simple as that i dont care what they do. What i care about is the inconsistent performance between PC builds and dcs branches etc. To even get a good VR experience the 4090 and huge amounts of RAM has worked wonders. Yet ive known users to have a crappier pc and still get better performance than myself. I dont know of any other game or sim where i have to go into the GPU control panel and mess about with settings EVER just to get a game to run smooth.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/9/2022 at 4:09 PM, SkateZilla said:

and with regards to DCS, the FPS Drops aren't caused by resolution limits, they are caused by CPU Overhead on DX11, and Serial Threaded Core,

Tell that to my GTX 970 😄

On 11/9/2022 at 5:20 PM, SkateZilla said:

MSAA and SSAA are both different things.

While SSAA is a simple Super Sample Technique (Rendering at 1.5 or 2.0x, so 2.0x 1080P/2K is essentially rendering at 4K.)

MSAA is an entirely different rendering technique, and has ALWAYS been a FPS Killer due to the nature of the morphological filtering,
Add in the fact that DCS uses Deferred shading, it makes MSAA Effects even worse.

Neither of those issues will be fixed by DLSS.

From my testing on GTX 970 SSAA is a "no go, no touchie" while MSAA 2x is bearable and provides huge improvement in aliasing reduction. Do I get something wrong?

• Like 2