DCS: Black Shark named Simulation Product of the Year by SimHQ!

EvilBivol-1

Since nobody mentioned it yet AFAIK...

While the selection might at first evoke a "well, duh!" or "of course!" response, the SimHQ award crosses over all genres in hardware and software. That includes some very significant competition and was not the automatic selection it might seem since DCS: Black Shark was the only study flight sim for 2008.
http://www.simhq.com/_commentary/all_060h.html

Thanks to the SimHQ staff for all their dedication to the community!

Edited by EvilBivol-1

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

thanks SimHQ for the great read.

And Russia Thanks for the soon to be great games for the PC!

" any failure you meet, is never a defeat; merely a set up for a greater come back, "  W Forbes

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal, it is the courage to continue that counts,"  Winston Churchill

" He who never changes his mind, never changes anything," 

MSI z690MPG DDR4 || i914900k|| ddr4-64gb PC3200 || MSI RTX 4070Ti|Game1300w|Win10x64| |turtle beach elite pro 5.1|| ViRpiL,T50cm2|| MFG Crosswinds|| VT50CM-plus rotor Throttle || G10 RGB EVGA Keyboard/MouseLogitech || PiMax Crystal VR || 32 Samsung||

Bravo, and well worth the honor. This game is awesome! I was getting mad at it not letting me land without fight me all the way, then I remembered how bad it was to even "take off and hover" 2 short weeks ago. Now I am blewed-ing up people in the famous Tutorial 01, or destroying evil abandoned vehicles (therefore the evil nature of them) with VIKHR's and my guns. Still working on rockets, though. They are rough. I think I like 2 extra gun pods instead.

This game rocks! I'm just surprised that no other game sites seem to have heard of it, except SimHQ.

By the way, $125 for a tank combat game? Did I really read that correctly? Tank combat just isn't that incredibly fun. Now, if someone came out with a viable, realistic and really fun simulator of say, a Battleship, or maybe the Enterprise (space version, but a sim, not an x-wing game [don't get me wrong, I loved X-Wing/Tie Fighter, etc., but no one has made an actual large scale spaceship sim...Bridge Commander was far too much like X-Wing]) then I might pay $125 for it.

For a tank game? I've never heard of a game in my life going over $70-80 max in my life, and that was for super collecter editions.

For a tank game?

Remember, on Nov. 4th, vote for Black Shark for President!!!

By the way, $125 for a tank combat game? Did I really read that correctly? Tank combat just isn't that incredibly fun.

For a tank game? I've never heard of a game in my life going over $70-80 max in my life, and that was for super collecter editions.

For a tank game?

You don't know what you're talking about ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

• ED Team
Big thumbs up to the DCS team on a thoroughly deserved award. Let's hope reviews start flowing in some of the more mainstream gaming media...spread the good word!

I know it may not seem so - but we do have a worldwide Marketing/PR plan!

Gaming magazines throughout the world will be publishing reviews in the time frame of mid Feb to mid March, to coincide with the release of the DVD boxed version into retail stores.

The exact release date of the boxed version will vary between countries for logistical reasons - US English (North America), UK English (Rest of the World), German, French and Spanish.

When the exact release dates are confirmed with distributors, we will make an announcement.

Having problems? Visit http://en.wiki.eagle.ru/wiki/Main_Page

Dell Laptop M1730 -Vista- Intel Core 2 Duo T7500@2.2GHz, 4GB, Nvidia 8700MGT 767MB

Intel i7 975 Extreme 3.2GHZ CPU, NVidia GTX 570 1.28Gb Pcie Graphics.

Very cool and well deserved! :thumbup:

Just wish the competitors were others than ShipSimulator 2008 and the 2001st clone of GTR to make it really count. :noexpression:

Looking forward to the first gaming-mag reviews to be published!

Gigabyte GA-Z87-UD3H | i7 4470k @ 4.5 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 @ 2.133 Ghz | GTX 1080 | LG 55" @ 4K | Cougar 1000 W | Creative X-Fi Ti | TIR5 | CH HOTAS (with BU0836X-12 Bit) + Crosswind Pedals | Win10 64 HP | X-Keys Pro 20 & Pro 54 | 2x TM MFD

Black Shark is the best helicopter simulator ever! Congratulations ED!

Thermaltake Kandalf LCS | Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R | Etasis ET750 (850W Max) | i7-920 OC to 4.0 GHz | Gigabyte HD5850 | OCZ Gold 6GB DDR3 2000 | 2 X 30GB OCZ Vertex SSD in RAID 0 | ASUS VW266H 25.5" | LG Blue Ray 10X burner | TIR 5 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Logitech G930 | Saitek Pro flight rudder pedals | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

"Could we anticipate an unexpected resurgence of the long-gone study flight sim?" :thumbup:

You bet? Of course the old school simulation is back with DCS series but this time taken to its maximum expression possible

My rig specs:

Intel Core i7 4770 @3.4Ghz // Corsair 16GB DDR3 // MoBo Asus Z87K // HDD 1TB 7200RPM // eVGA Nvidia GTX 760GT 2GB DDR5 // LG 3D 47" 1920x1080 // Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS // Saitek Combat Pro Pedals // Thrustmaster MFD Cougar pack // PS3 Eye + FTNOIR

The genre is not dead but has been in hibernation for years. Hibernation because although DCS is the only study SIM some others are/have been in development for a long time. DCS is more on the year 2009 than 2008 BTW ;)

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

By the way, $125 for a tank combat game? Did I really read that correctly? Tank combat just isn't that incredibly fun. Now, if someone came out with a viable, realistic and really fun simulator of say, a Battleship, or maybe the Enterprise (space version, but a sim, not an x-wing game [don't get me wrong, I loved X-Wing/Tie Fighter, etc., but no one has made an actual large scale spaceship sim...Bridge Commander was far too much like X-Wing]) then I might pay $125 for it.

For a tank game?

You should do a little research before putting motor mouth in gear. You have no idea what you are missing with SBPE and $125 is a bargain for this gem.