flight1 sim rudder pedal falcon S1

pii
Go to solution Solved by pii,

Never heard of them before….sorry.

Edited by corbu1

DCS MT 2.9.4.53707
Modules: UH-1H - SA342 - KA-50 BS3 - MI-24P - MI-8MTV2 - AH-64D - CH-47F(Preorder) - UH-60L(Mod) - A-10CII - F-16C - F/A-18C - FC3 -Combined Arms
 - Supercarrier - NTTR - Normandy2.0 - Persian Gulf - Syria - SA - Sinai - Afghanistan(Preorder) — Waiting for: OH-58D - BO-105 - AH-1G/F(Mod) - OH-6(Mod) - Kola  - Australia - Iraq

DCS-Client: 10900K, 64GB 3600, RTX3090, 500GB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCS), VR VivePro2, PointCTRL, VaicomPro, Wacom Intuos S with VRK v2Beta

DCS-DServer: 11600KF, 32GB 3600, GTX1080, 1TB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCSDServer), DCS Olympus

Simpit: NLR Flightsim Pro, TM Warthog Grip with 30cm Extension + Throttle, VPforce Rhino FFB, Komodo Pedals with Dampers, VPC Rotorplus+CBkit+AH-64D Grip, NLR HF8, Buttkicker (3*MiniConcert), TotalControls AH64D MPD‘s, TM 2*MFD‘s, Streamdecks (1*32,3*15,1*6), VPC CP#1

2 minutes ago, corbu1 said:

Ever heard of them before….sorry.

There are a ton of sellers on ebay but like I said you can't find a single review online anywhere, I find that odd. They look solid, all metal, with damping and well priced if you can get them shipped from the USA.  I just want to know at least one persons personal experence with them. 🙂

Thanks for the response.

2 hours ago, dedlike. said:

if you want to be on the safe side, get the VKB T-rudders, the

flight1 sim rudder seems to be a knockoff from that anyways

the dampening however does make it interresting but i wouldnt risk it if you want a painless experience

I was interested in Virpil, since I have their base, but they seem back ordered, VKB had large shipping and I"m cheap  and impatient . I also like living  on the edge. So I pulled the trigger on it, it's from Ebay so no worries, it's returnable. I'll let you know how it goes. So......So far they  shipped it in a few hours and it will get here a week earlier than estimated. So, so far so good. 

I also want to be the first on the internet to write a review on it. 

vor 27 Minuten schrieb pii:

I was interested in Virpil, since I have their base, but they seem back ordered, VKB had large shipping and I"m cheap  and impatient . I also like living  on the edge. So I pulled the trigger on it, it's from Ebay so no worries, it's returnable. I'll let you know how it goes. So......So far they  shipped it in a few hours and it will get here a week earlier than estimated. So, so far so good. 

I also want to be the first on the internet to write a review on it. 

yeh, i would love to know how they are, i looked further into it, it realy seems to be built just like the VKB, wich, if not cheaped out on the metal is a simple and sturdy way of doing things

the damper also seems realy interrestring, only thing that would worry me about it is warranty in lets say 1-2 years

11 hours ago, dedlike. said:

yeh, lets say that some of the parts brake, considering it isnt realy beeing made by a brand, who knows if you will still get parts in a few years

for that matter I don't know if you can get parts for it today.

I rarely consider a warranty when buying something like this.

• Like 1

• Solution

If anyone is interested I got these Tuesday and have been playing with it since. 

I'm quite impressed and don't understand why I am apparently the only person in the world that has ever bought a set of these. 🙂

Solid all-metal construction. With one slight minor concern about the footrest, that being they are only held on by a short steel screw, IMO it should have been a steel rod that ran through the foot rest and bolted on, so there wasn't so much pressure on the screw, time will tell. 

Adjustable feel 

You can have a hard center with the spring attached or take the spring off and you have no center but use the "dampener" to adjust your feel with no cam in effect. I find it amazingly adjustable this way, with or without the spring the dampener really allows you to dial in the feel you like. You could also install a lighter spring if you like, but there is none supplied.

I came from a set of TM pedals and while I got fairly good with them it was when I looked at the output that you could really see the difference. The TM pedal was full of noise but the Falcon s1 was steady as a rock and smooth as silk moving through the axis. 

You can also adjust how far down the pedal goes but I found the default position the best. 

There is also no software needed just plug and play and no instructions on putting it together, it's a little more complicated than the VKB's.

So solid construction

Adjustable feel

No third-party software

No instructions Probably would have been in Chinese anyway. 🙂 

I'm happy with it!.

Any questions let me know.

Edited by pii
  • Like 2

On 11/10/2022 at 4:40 PM, dedlike. said:

yeh, i would love to know how they are, i looked further into it, it realy seems to be built just like the VKB, wich, if not cheaped out on the metal is a simple and sturdy way of doing things

the damper also seems realy interrestring, only thing that would worry me about it is warranty in lets say 1-2 years

The thing is rock solid and the metal would have to be really really bad not to hold up. I'm really glad I got the one with the dampner as it allows a wide range of "Feel" for the user, both with or without the spring attached. 

vor 18 Stunden schrieb pii:

The thing is rock solid and the metal would have to be really really bad not to hold up. I'm really glad I got the one with the dampner as it allows a wide range of "Feel" for the user, both with or without the spring attached. 

i wonder if i can get the dampener seperate somehow and fix it onto my vkb lol, are there any writings on it that would indicate a model NR or something along those lines on the dampner?

30 minutes ago, dedlike. said:

i wonder if i can get the dampener seperate somehow and fix it onto my vkb lol, are there any writings on it that would indicate a model NR or something along those lines on the dampner?

All the dampers used are Motorcycle Steering Dampers  common and sold all over the web. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dedlike. said:

the dampener actually came is a separate box like it was from a third party, other than that he had no identifiable writing on it. I'll double check when I get home but from memory it had nothing on it. 

5 hours ago, Dogmanbird said:

i was considering trying these too as I found a cheap used set on gumtree. It was just that the pedals were a long way apart for what I wanted and the cutout at the front was going to make it difficult to easily drill new holes to move the pedals close together.

The pedals are at a normal distance. They are single axis and can't be 12 inches a part.  If I place my feet straight down they will rest comfortably on the foot posts. I actually went with this type because they were basically close togeather and I was worried about other types fitting in the space on the floor that I have. 

• 1 month later...
On 11/18/2022 at 2:04 PM, pii said:

If anyone is interested I got these Tuesday and have been playing with it since. 

I'm quite impressed and don't understand why I am apparently the only person in the world that has ever bought one of these. 🙂

Solid all-metal construction. With one slight minor concern about the footrest, that being they are only held on by a short steel screw, IMO it should have been a steel rod that ran through the foot rest and bolted on, so there wasn't so much pressure on the screw, time will tell. 

Adjustable feel 

You can have a hard center with the spring attached or take the spring off and you have no center but use the "dampener" to adjust your feel with no cam in effect. I find it amazingly adjustable this way, with or without the spring the dampener really allows you to dial in the feel you like. You could also install a lighter spring if you like, but there is none supplied.

I came from a set of TM pedals and while I got fairly good with them it was when I looked at the output that you could really see the difference. The TM pedal was full of noise but the Falcon s1 was steady as a rock and smooth as silk moving through the axis. 

You can also adjust how far down the pedal goes but I found the default position the best. 

There is also no software needed just plug and play and no instructions on putting it together, it's a little more complicated than the VKB's.

So solid construction

Adjustable feel

No third-party software

No instructions Probably would have been in Chinese anyway. 🙂 

I'm happy with it!.

Any questions let me know.

I was about to pull the trigger on these pedals until I came across a guy on YouTube who got them and didn't work on DCS, any issues since you got them? They look solid! So these are PNP?

3 hours ago, jg777 said:

I was about to pull the trigger on these pedals until I came across a guy on YouTube who got them and didn't work on DCS, any issues since you got them? They look solid! So these are PNP?

They work perfectly out of the Box with DCS and everything else that  flies (there is no third party software needed)🙂 and yes they are solid and I haven't regretted buying them for one second. 

Make sure you buy them from a seller that ships from the U.S.A. as it'll save you at least 50.00 maybe more in shipping fees from China. Mine shipped and arrived early from some place in NJ. 

Edited by pii

I've always used twist stick for the rudder and the AH64D is impossible to fly with the twist . Got them for $183 shipped from NJ. not too bad. If anything I could always return them. Now I'm the second person in the world who bought these.

Thanks!

Edited by jg777

On 12/21/2022 at 6:03 PM, jg777 said:

I've always used twist stick for the rudder and the AH64D is impossible to fly with the twist . Got them for $183 shipped from NJ. not too bad. If anything I could always return them. Now I'm the second person in the world who bought these.

Thanks!

Good for you #2. 🙂  lol that doesn't quite sound right.

FYI they estimated about 10 to 14 days for shipping but it arrived in 4 days, hopefully yours will also. Happy flying!

2 hours ago, Johnny Dioxin said:

Just made an offer for them - they will save my aching knees.

Here's a YT review (the only one I could find and a good one, too):

I took the spring out of mine and replaced them with some rudder bands for a lighter feel when centering so I don't get that hard center. I find it very customizable with the dappner and a box of rubber bands 🙂 and an easily removeablae spring. 

Nice review. I didn't even realize mine had two USB ports. I wonder if they have a joystick or trottle that attaches to them???

My only complaint is why didn't you do this review last month when I was searching the internet for reviews 🙂  I finally just said screw it I'll buy them and see for myself. Glad I did.

Enjoy!

Edited by pii