"Camera transpose mode (press and hold)" control no longer works

NightMan
Go to solution Solved by Flappie,

• Solution

When you're looking for a specific command, first look into the aircraft category. The rule of thumb is: "if the command exists for the aircraft, its 'General' counterpart will NOT work".

If you look for "transpose" in the Su-25T category, you will find the camera transpose command, and it still works as expected.

Edited by Flappie
typo

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

I verified what you said and you're right.

However, I had all my controls set in version 2.7 and they were working properly, so something must have changed.

I have an Excel spreadsheet where I keep all my settings. It allows me to standardize controls between models.

I went to see and the "Camera transpose mode (press and hold)" already existed in FC3 models, with the control LShift-F1 associated, but it didn't prevent the one in General to work.

I will reassign.

• 4 weeks later...

I was just checking and I couldn't get transpose mode to work in TF-51 even though I used the TF-51 layer. I remember that double clicking would reset your transpose position back to default so I thought I'd at least try that. To my surprise double-mouse3 toggled into transpose mode. It used to be that mouse3 and hold would transpose while mouse3 was held and double mouse3 would reset to center. Now double mouse3 toggles transpose mode on/off and there is no specific return-to-center functionality with that command (although I guess it exists elsewhere).

16 hours ago, Frederf said:

I was just checking and I couldn't get transpose mode to work in TF-51 even though I used the TF-51 layer. I remember that double clicking would reset your transpose position back to default so I thought I'd at least try that. To my surprise double-mouse3 toggled into transpose mode. It used to be that mouse3 and hold would transpose while mouse3 was held and double mouse3 would reset to center. Now double mouse3 toggles transpose mode on/off and there is no specific return-to-center functionality with that command (although I guess it exists elsewhere).

Make sure you redefine it for each aircraft.

There is a global control and one for each aircraft. These take precedence over the global one.

It worked for me.

Edited by NightMan

I'm using the module-specific one and it works. I'm just saying that the behavior changed. It used to be hold to transpose and transpose off when release. Now it's double click to toggle transpose mode on and off. This is different than the text of the action suggests.

10 hours ago, Frederf said:

I'm using the module-specific one and it works. I'm just saying that the behavior changed. It used to be hold to transpose and transpose off when release. Now it's double click to toggle transpose mode on and off. This is different than the text of the action suggests.

For me it is working exactly the same.

I have it assigned to MOUSE_BTN3.

Edited by NightMan