M13: Multiple bugs at WP3

adirtynurse

After Twister cleans out the SAMs, Chevy 2 won't break off to go and engage their targets.

Also Chevy 2 reports engaging targets once you get to the anchor point, not after twister tells them to do so.

So essentially I still get stuck in the same place.

EDIT: To clarify. After playing this a couple of times, it looks like CY2 runs one of its triggers too early...as soon as you reach WP3 for the orbit. And after twister has triggered all of its actions, CY2 doesn't have the trigger to run again AND that trigger did not work as intended earlier. Long story short, no action compels CY2 to unfollow the player.

Edited by adirtynurse

So been trying my hand at this for another few times now. There's another bug I think. Every other time I've played this mission or so, a bunch of F4s jump the Tornados and shoot them down, before all of them can launch their HARMs, not killing all the SAMs and releasing the triggers.

Unfortunately I'm going to have to shelf this campaign again at the same mission for the second time.

😞

• adirtynurse changed the title to M13: Multiple bugs at WP3
18 minutes ago, baltic_dragon said:

Well.. I spent two months fixing this campaign. But on the very patch that released the updated version, there were bugs introduced to the core DCS system that likely broke most of the campaigns (there are a few problems with core AI mechanics). So what can I say...

Thanks for the good work, Baltic. Keep it up!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The only issue I encounter now is that CY2 doesn't break off and do its thing. Once I reach the orbit waypoint Chevy 2 is still following me and the moment I hit the Orbit WP they say something to the effect of "on our way" and that's it. Its all stuck from there on out. I tried to go and attack my own targets regardless (with Chevy 2 flight following me), but nothing. Triggers are out of order atm from the 

• 2 weeks later...

So. Funny thing 😄 I'm playing it right now. On my third try. First try, CY21 broke formation as they needed to, but Twister failed to create desired effects, so got stuck at that point.
Second and the current third Twister destroyed citadel, but CY21 does not brake formation 😞

Okay is it just me that's having this? Same issues in M14. Noble won't break off from Metal. It did the first time I played it (got shot down), second time this happens. Its like with M13, it only works once 😄

20230203005210_1.jpg

EDIT: M14 also has a non-applicable IFF code on the kneeboard. IFF is octal codes, but the kneeboard has it 1499, which you cannot input.

Edited by adirtynurse
IFF

• 10 months later...

I know this response comes almost a year after the last post, but it's still relevant.

My experience on the first try was great - right up until I got shot out of the sky by a surprise Igla at point blank... My bad, I suppose.

Second attempt included an unfortunate accidental ejection between WP2 and 3. We won't go into that...

Third attempt is the one that matters, as it appears it missed a whole lot of triggers.

I flew past WP3 on the left and anchored around it in a circle with a radius to WP3 of maybe 5nm, while climbing to 25k. Chevy 2 remained glued to my wing throughout, where, in my first attempt, I flew right over WP3 and Chevy 2 detached straight away.

Got the migs spawn, pointed East and lit the burner, while CAP dealt with the threat, but got zero indication that the Migs were down. No comms or otherwise. Turned back when the M disappeared from my RWR and a quick F2 step-through of air assets revealed no Migs around. Went back to tracing circles above WP3 and must somehow have gotten accidentally close enough to trigger Chevy 2 leaving (didn't realize what the trigger to get them to leave was, but I guess it's actual proximity to the WP)... to go... on a merry patrol of the area, nowhere near the target, never dropping bombs on anything and never making a radio call for me to follow up with a run in.

After a while just tracing rings in the sky, I finally got a "Good job, everyone! Let's RTB!" call from Twister...

Stepped through the dialogue, then decided to go <profanity> up my target anyway, because I felt rather cheated... but no iglas this time and no active target assets. RTB'ed uneventfully, got a 55 score with zero mention of me launching rockets nor of my rockets hitting anything at all, though I clearly hit some mockups.

Thanks. I can't promise to have a look at this any time soon, as I have a lot of issues in other campaigns to deal with that were introduced with recent DCS features that require me to go back to old stuff and update missions that used to work for ages. In general for Red Flag I think the revamp of AI flying skills may have made the campaign much more difficult than initially planned. 

I'll have a look at it as soon as I can and will get back to you & apologies for being slow with addressing some of the bugs. Being only one person with full time job and 3 kids makes it quite difficult to follow all the new problems introduced between updates. 

• Like 2
ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

9 hours ago, baltic_dragon said:

Thanks. I can't promise to have a look at this any time soon, as I have a lot of issues in other campaigns to deal with that were introduced with recent DCS features that require me to go back to old stuff and update missions that used to work for ages. In general for Red Flag I think the revamp of AI flying skills may have made the campaign much more difficult than initially planned. 

I'll have a look at it as soon as I can and will get back to you & apologies for being slow with addressing some of the bugs. Being only one person with full time job and 3 kids makes it quite difficult to follow all the new problems introduced between updates. 

No worries, mate! I'm mostly managing to figure out the bugs and navigating my way around them through trial and error. Annoying, but still making progress. I did a 4th run at it and passed it with an 80 (was Winchester and couldn't deal with the follow-up).

To any, who might be running into issues: The mission appears to be on a script with rather tight tolerances. You must overfly WP3 within 3nm for everything to trigger correctly! If you do, the script plays out as expected. If not, trouble ensues.

I still didn't get any comms telling me the Migs were down and I got no indication that I should switch frequencies towards the end, so I only learned about additional tasking when an F10 prompt description came up. Suffice it to say, without having heard the radio call preceding it, I was pretty lost on what was expected.

• Like 1