Hellfire range?

Capn kamikaze

I cant speak for that specifically, but can only offer a suggestion. I just let George find and laze for me, then "I" select the Hellfire and Rifle. I have taken shots at just below *9980 and have hit successfully as long as the target is not obstructed and I am holding a nice steady hover so George can hold the laser on the target.

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

I get George firing hellfires up to ranges of 7.8km or 7.9km in LOBL as long as George has free sight on target and AC is in missile constraints.

DCS MT 2.9.4.53707
Modules: UH-1H - SA342 - KA-50 BS3 - MI-24P - MI-8MTV2 - AH-64D - CH-47F(Preorder) - UH-60L(Mod) - A-10CII - F-16C - F/A-18C - FC3 -Combined Arms
 - Supercarrier - NTTR - Normandy2.0 - Persian Gulf - Syria - SA - Sinai - Afghanistan(Preorder) — Waiting for: OH-58D - BO-105 - AH-1G/F(Mod) - OH-6(Mod) - Kola  - Australia - Iraq

DCS-Client: 10900K, 64GB 3600, RTX3090, 500GB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCS), VR VivePro2, PointCTRL, VaicomPro, Wacom Intuos S with VRK v2Beta

DCS-DServer: 11600KF, 32GB 3600, GTX1080, 1TB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCSDServer), DCS Olympus

Simpit: NLR Flightsim Pro, TM Warthog Grip with 30cm Extension + Throttle, VPforce Rhino FFB, Komodo Pedals with Dampers, VPC Rotorplus+CBkit+AH-64D Grip, NLR HF8, Buttkicker (3*MiniConcert), TotalControls AH64D MPD‘s, TM 2*MFD‘s, Streamdecks (1*32,3*15,1*6), VPC CP#1

13 minutes ago, corbu1 said:

I get George firing hellfires up to ranges of 7.8km or 7.9km in LOBL as long as George has free sight on target and AC is in missile constraints.

Well that's the thing, he's spotting them, he has them in the crosshairs, which means he has LOS, and I have tried both LOAL and LOBL, and he seems insistent on not engaging, so I'm having to get right into the engagement zones of things like the SA-19 and SA-15.

1 hour ago, Capn kamikaze said:

Well that's the thing, he's spotting them, he has them in the crosshairs, which means he has LOS, and I have tried both LOAL and LOBL, and he seems insistent on not engaging, so I'm having to get right into the engagement zones of things like the SA-19 and SA-15.

At the moment for these max range shots, you can do as @Fakum suggested, or just switch to the CPG seat and do it it all yourself (the latter one being much more rewarding imho).

Perhaps ED will tweak George's max engagement range at some point, but personally, for MP, I hope they leave it like it is and give those who want to operate the CPG seat themselves a slight chance over all the airquake style pilots that just fly in and spam missiles using George's superhuman spotting and lasing capabilities.

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Yeah, I just Rifle them all from the Pilot seat, I never switch to front seat.

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

On 11/12/2022 at 11:43 AM, Fakum said:

I cant speak for that specifically, but can only offer a suggestion. I just let George find and laze for me, then "I" select the Hellfire and Rifle. I have taken shots at just below *9980 and have hit successfully as long as the target is not obstructed and I am holding a nice steady hover so George can hold the laser on the target.

How are you firing yourself. ? 

Gigabyte - X570 UD ~ Ryzen - 5600X @ 4.7 - Pulse - RX-6800 -  XPG 32:GB @ 3200 - VKB - Gunfighter 4 - STECs - Throttle - Crosswinds Rudders - Trackir 5 .

I'm a dot . Pico Nero 3 link VR . @ 4k

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .

So you tell George to use Hellfires and search for a target, when he finds one he lases it.  You tell him to engage, but if it's beyond 8km he won't shoot at it, saying it is too far  So you WAS Missiles from the back seat, and pull the trigger to launch one yourself.  George is still lasing the target, and the missile is guided.  You won't have a time-to-impact read-out, and at 9km you are looking at a 35+ second flight time, so don't give up on it too early.

On 11/12/2022 at 5:00 AM, Capn kamikaze said:

I'm guessing the nose of your aircraft is to far of center. When your asking him to fire. Can be easy to havw happen if your just looking at the target and not making sure your aircraft is well line up with the target

The missile battery operates for 45 seconds. You do the maths considering ambient temperature, air pressure, wind, actual flight path and target state. Easy peasy! 😉 

Edited by Belphe

Never say never, Baby!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Front seat flying people, front seat.  It's the new way 😉

Fly and scan during ingress.  You can multi-task like the '16 or '18 with the FLIR.

Get into range, make sure you get into a good hover and engage George for the hovering and popping up and down.

Fire a couple off (ooo-er)! and scoot somewhere else manually.

Repeat and rinse.  LOVE IT. 

There's still a few Beta bugs like not being able to markpoint in the front (MP) but it's GREAT.

(Obviously RL tactics is FAR FAR superior have 2 seats, but if you want to fly AND fight it's great) 🙂

8 hours ago, MrReynolds said:

Front seat flying people, front seat.  It's the new way 😉

Quoted for truth. I don't even both with letting George fly, I take control and run things myself. It's about like operating a Ka-50. Since George won't use the LMC, it's also a lot better for shifting left or right when you're trying to maintain track while denying the enemy a shot.

You can get around some of the markpoint issue by using the gunner's CAQ to set a point, either by showing cursor coordinates to get them close enough to a point or dropping them over the TADS point on the TSD.