Track files doesn't playback correctly

eV1Te

After playing a short mission with a friend in coop (i was hosting the game) we both looked at our own track files.

In my track file my own Ka-50 doesn't even start it's engine correctly although his Ka-50 does fly away on its own, the enemy units that I did shoot down during the mission survives and continues on it's waypoint track (since I newer takes of in the track file).

In his track file, both Ka-50's takes of but when we come close to the battle his Ka-50 stays behind in a hover and does not shoot or even come close the the areas where he flew during the mission.

Have anyone else had problems with the track files not playing as the real mission was played?

Edited by eV1Te

Yes they seem to go out of sync after long periods. Noticed this in Multiplayer (very obvious) eventually it was so out of sync nothing much made sense. In single player I'm not so sure it happens but think I saw a glitch in a replay a few weeks ago.

I don't call 30 seconds a long time, since not even the startup of the engines worked! :doh:

How does the engine save the tracks really? It's like it doesn't save the coordinates of the units but instead saves each action the player/players make, so if the trackfile is of my some fraction of a second that can make the difference between a successful engine start and turning of the APU a fraction of a second to early which messes up the entire track file???

Tracks works in "delta" way. Only the very first coordinates are saved and after that only the changes are recorded. In other words, you are watching not a record, but resimulation.

I guess this is done to save on track file size?

But it doesn't seem to work very well... as i said two track files from the same LAN COOP mission and not one of them corresponded to how it was actually played.

Track reliability depends greatly on the ability to reproduce all of the player input in the mission. This can be problematic once multiple players are being recorded, especially if any of them have modified configuration files compared to the machine where the track was recorded and/or played back. It's hard to say whether you have come across a bug related to COOP MP or whether this is a "normal discrepancy" of the track system. I would say that at least your own Ka-50 should have been reproduced properly.

Who was hosting?

Edited by EvilBivol-1

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

Track reliability depends greatly on the ability to reproduce all of the player input in the mission. This can be problematic once multiple players are being recorded, especially if any of them have modified configuration files compared to the machine where the track was recorded and/or played back. It's hard to say whether you have come across a bug related to COOP MP or whether this is a "normal discrepancy" of the track system. I would say that at least your own Ka-50 should have been reproduced properly.

Who was hosting?

I was hosting and my own Ka-50 became out of sync after approx 10 seconds.

I played another coop mission with a friend only minutes ago, and every thing worked fine in the trackfile for maybe 20 minutes, then my Ka-50 crashed into the mountains (which i didn't do in the real game). So there seems to be large problems with the trackfile system

Is there some way of having any kind of debriefing in MP, to see when and where units shot and hit other players, like in singelplayer? (Since trackfiles don't work, a simple logfile of client-names and actions would do)

i just run into this... single player, free flight, just me on the map.

i don't know if this has anything to do with the problem, but i

paused 2 or 3 times while watching the track.

some time around 10 minutes after the start, it started loosing

altitude and crashed over a group of trees (while in reality,

i headed back to the airfield and crashed near a lighthouse).

then, i replayed it one more time, now with 2x time acceleration.

it almost got to the same point as before, but then it crashed

over another area.

maybe it's not loosing sync (only) while recording, but while

replaying. i mean, it's not always the same replay after that

point.

:(

maybe it's not loosing sync (only) while recording, but while

replaying. i mean, it's not always the same replay after that

point.

Interesting, I didn't notice that, I will re check and see if it's the same for me...

But still I hope ED fixes the issue what ever the problem is, having a record of what happened during the last flight and also being able to trust that record would be nice of course :music_whistling: