No more Eurofighters being developed?

Meteorlover

36 minutes ago, Meteorlover said:

The release of the F-4 has been postponed officially and Eurofighter seems to have been discontinued. When will they launch the F-4 and start developing the Eurofighter?

I believe they are developing the Eurofighter, I just think the F-4 is farther along.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Cobra847 said:

Eurofighter is well underway; and the F-4 is nearing completion. Temporary silence does not imply anything regarding development.

Not trying to be pushy, but do you think we could expect at least 1 more update on the progress of the eurofighter before the end of the year?

Edited by JOYFUL_CLOVR

Specs: i7-11700k, RTX 3070 Ti, 64GB RAM, 1TB M.2 SSD

Squadron:

Capture.PNG

9 hours ago, JOYFUL_CLOVR said:

Not trying to be pushy, but do you think we could expect at least 1 more update on the progress of the eurofighter before the end of the year?

I wouldn't expect a lot of these. Heatblur have burned themselves previously in the past with progress updates, since invariably they couldn't determine how that would translate into a probable ETA.

It makes sense, I mean a module could be 90% completed, but if the last 10% takes 5 times as long as the 90% took, then all you would get is a missed ETA, after ETA and a lot of angry potential customers. 🙂

• Like 2

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick. 

2 hours ago, Lurker said:

I wouldn't expect a lot of these. Heatblur have burned themselves previously in the past with progress updates, since invariably they couldn't determine how that would translate into a probable ETA.

It makes sense, I mean a module could be 90% completed, but if the last 10% takes 5 times as long as the 90% took, then all you would get is a missed ETA, after ETA and a lot of angry potential customers. 🙂

An update does not necessarily mean to state x percent complete, or release date XY. It could simply be some new WIP images, or an update on what's done or what they are working on at the moment.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Spectre11 said:

An update does not necessarily mean to state x percent complete, or release date XY. It could simply be some new WIP images, or an update on what's done or what they are working on at the moment.

It doesn't matter. When they posted the Eurofighter announcement and teaser video, the EF looked to be really far along, people were saying oh it's coming out in a few months at the latest! It's all about perception. 

• Like 1

Specs: Win10, i5-13600KF, 32GB DDR4 RAM 3200XMP, 1 TB M2 NVMe SSD, KFA2 RTX3090, VR G2 Headset, Warthog Throttle+Saitek Pedals+MSFFB2  Joystick. 

Am 16.11.2022 um 04:11 schrieb JOYFUL_CLOVR:

They said that there will be soon an update. So I think it is not unlikely that we get some news still this year

• Like 1

On 11/15/2022 at 1:39 PM, Zahnatom said:

... and arguably less complex or at least with more publically available information

Objectively less complex, with far more information.

On 11/17/2022 at 4:59 AM, Lurker said:

It doesn't matter. When they posted the Eurofighter announcement and teaser video, the EF looked to be really far along, people were saying oh it's coming out in a few months at the latest! It's all about perception. 

If I had to guess making a model takes significantly less time then modeling systems. Most people might not understand that just because it looks finished, doesn't mean it is.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
Il 15/11/2022 at 23:29, Cobra847 ha scritto:

Eurofighter is well underway; and the F-4 is nearing completion. Temporary silence does not imply anything regarding development.

Thanks for sharing this thought. It could be told about any project to be released, to tell the truth.

With best regards.

On 11/17/2022 at 9:59 AM, Lurker said:

There are a group of people that will do that every time and then get angry that their completely self-fabricated expectation wasn't met. Ten years ago people were saying that the F15E would be out in six months.

7 hours ago, F-2 said:

For all we know (and I’m saying this as a possibility not a statement of fact, please don’t misconstrue) it could very well be in the 2023 and beyond trailer.

Just remember the "and beyond" part. Even if it's in the 2023 and beyond trailer that doesn't mean that it's coming in 2023.

8 hours ago, F-2 said:

For all we know (and I’m saying this as a possibility not a statement of fact, please don’t misconstrue) it could very well be in the 2023 and beyond trailer.

I'm not expecting it before 2024 maybe even 2025. Let's face it, the F4 is still not done, and Heatblur have stated it's their priority at this moment until they release the F4 they are not going to be ramping up work on the Eurofighter. This is best case scenario, there are a ton things that can go wrong both in real life and in the changing of plans. Remember the F4 was announced AFTER the Eurofighter, but the EF was put on the backburner so that they could push the F4 out of the door. 

vor 10 Stunden schrieb F-2:

I also think that we possibly see the Eurofighter in the video.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb Lurker:

I'm not expecting it before 2024 maybe even 2025. Let's face it, the F4 is still not done, and Heatblur have stated it's their priority at this moment until they release the F4 they are not going to be ramping up work on the Eurofighter. This is best case scenario, there are a ton things that can go wrong both in real life and in the changing of plans. Remember the F4 was announced AFTER the Eurofighter, but the EF was put on the backburner so that they could push the F4 out of the door. 

But a different team is working on the Eurofighter than on the F4. Shortly before release, the focus may be more on the F4 but I don't think you can say that the Eurofighter was put on the backburner.

58 minutes ago, Germane said:

But a different team is working on the Eurofighter than on the F4. 

AFAIK (and please correct me if Im wrong here) Heatblur, like most other third parties the guys don't do this full time. While there might be guys working in parallel on both modules, especially if something is already done on one module, the module which is directly in the pipeline will always get the most attention at the expense of everything else. This is true of full AAA games studios, let alone obscure third party developers, with day jobs. This is especially true with respect to FM and system modeling, the coders, the guys who actually write the flight model, and all the nice groovy system modeling that make up the main part of the simulation that runs under the hood, well they can't very well be working on both modules, unless there really are discrete teams working in parallel on both planes. I don't believe this to be the case, otherwise we would see parallel (or very close to each other) releases of modules. This has never happened before, at least not with any third parities as far as I know. 

vor 32 Minuten schrieb Lurker:

AFAIK (and please correct me if Im wrong here) Heatblur, like most other third parties the guys don't do this full time. While there might be guys working in parallel on both modules, especially if something is already done on one module, the module which is directly in the pipeline will always get the most attention at the expense of everything else. This is true of full AAA games studios, let alone obscure third party developers, with day jobs. This is especially true with respect to FM and system modeling, the coders, the guys who actually write the flight model, and all the nice groovy system modeling that make up the main part of the simulation that runs under the hood, well they can't very well be working on both modules, unless there really are discrete teams working in parallel on both planes. I don't believe this to be the case, otherwise we would see parallel (or very close to each other) releases of modules. This has never happened before, at least not with any third parities as far as I know. 

HB has at least 10 full-time employees and a few part-time employees. You are right that generally the module that is released next is prioritised, but you have to consider that there is another company involved and there is also a contract between the two. So I think that the development of the F4 can only influence the Eurofighter up to a certain point...for legal and economic reasons.