Viggen November Mini-Update

Cobra847

image.png

Dearest Viggen fans,

Extremely embarrassingly, just two weeks ago I noted that we will be pushing bigger feature updates in the November patch for the Viggen, but unfortunately the commit deadlines for this patch were moved up by a week with practically no warning, which unfortunately made it completely impossible for us to do so. We've scrambled to commit some of the most errant bugs introduced with 2.8 despite this, and added a few tiny additions (e.g. new airbrake textures) - but overall it will be a disappointing point release.

We instead set our sights on the December patch which is when we will be introducing the rest of the planned changes. Damage modeling improvements, some more new artwork, vapor effects, sounds and a slew of system and bugfixes are the primary focus. We also hope to correct some of the more egregious performance introduced recently, and will be introducing some of MYSE's tweaks to various aspects (HUD graphics and more). Exhaustive list to come, but it should be a significant step up for the Viggen. The end of this year is very much Viggen focused in order to deliver much overdue additions.

Stay tuned for tomorrow's changelog, short as it may be and once we hit December 1st we'll sound off on what will come in the December patch.

Thank you as always for your patience and your feedback,
Heatblur Viggen Team

ViggenVapes_02.png

Edited by Cobra847
  • Like 22
  • Thanks 5

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

On 11/15/2022 at 10:22 PM, Cobra847 said:

... We've scrambled to commit some of the most errant bugs introduced with 2.8 despite this, and added a few tiny additions (e.g. new airbrake textures) ...

Hey Cobra!
At least you managed to add a few things here and there for next Wednesday!

Speaking for myself now, I got used to disappointments in terms of dates, so please make sure the patches - at least - work, and please make sure the upcoming patches in December also contain good stuff for our beast. Still looking forward & keep up the spirit for this wonderful machine!

• Like 4

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

On 11/20/2022 at 1:46 AM, ustio said:

Good stuff. 

If I may ask, when can we expect the RB-24/AIM-9B fix?

Thanks

Whats the problem?

MY SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel pentium 3 @ 800 MHz, 256 Mb RAM, Geforce 2 64Mb, Dell screen 1024x768 + Microsoft sidewhiner joystick + TrackIR 2 + TrackClitPro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 98, Noice Attack & VIASAT PRO, SnackView

3 hours ago, Skyracer said:

Whats the problem?

• Like 1

-Tinkerer, Certified F-14 and AIM-54 Nut | Discord: @dsplayer

Setup: i7-8700k, GTX 1080 Ti, 32GB 3066Mhz, Lots of Storage, Saitek/Logitech X56 HOTAS, TrackIR + TrackClipPro
Modules: F-14, F/A-18, JF-17, F-16C, Mirage 2000C, FC3, F-5E, Mi-24P, AJS-37, AV-8B, A-10C II, AH-64D, MiG-21bis, F-86F, MiG-19P, P-51D, Mirage F1, L-39, C-101, SA342M, Ka-50 III, Supercarrier, F-15E
Maps: Caucasus, Marianas, South Atlantic, Persian Gulf, Syria, Nevada

Mods I've Made: F-14 Factory Clean Cockpit Mod | Modern F-14 Weapons Mod | Iranian F-14 Weapons Pack | F-14B Nozzle Percentage Mod + Label Fix | AIM-23 Hawk Mod for F-14 

17 hours ago, DSplayer said:

Does this effect the RB-24J version? 

MY SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel pentium 3 @ 800 MHz, 256 Mb RAM, Geforce 2 64Mb, Dell screen 1024x768 + Microsoft sidewhiner joystick + TrackIR 2 + TrackClitPro SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 98, Noice Attack & VIASAT PRO, SnackView

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/22/2022 at 1:23 PM, Бойовий Сокіл said:

Will the Tomcat also receive proper/improved vapes as well as a transsonic shock cone?

We're unfortunately waiting for ED to support this as right now the vape system does not support swing wing aircraft. It was requested a long time ago but unfortunately it's still queued up.

• Like 3

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

59 minutes ago, TOViper said:

This is OT ... Tomcat stuff please to the Tomcat section. Thank you!

+1  fully agree, I find it very annoying when people give no respect to a thread’s subject.

• Like 3

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

On 11/20/2022 at 10:58 PM, DSplayer said:

AFAIK this is on the ED side of the house to fix, and its planned at some point. 

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

On 12/5/2022 at 3:30 AM, Cobra847 said:

We're unfortunately waiting for ED to support this as right now the vape system does not support swing wing aircraft. It was requested a long time ago but unfortunately it's still queued up.

Full changelog please 😉  

• Like 1

Stay tuned for tomorrow's changelog, short as it may be and once we hit December 1st we'll sound off on what will come in the December patch.

1. Still waiting for this information.
2. No bug fixes for today?

:ermm:

• Like 3

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

Dearest Viggen fans,

Extremely embarrassingly, just two weeks ago I noted that we will be pushing bigger feature updates in the November patch for the Viggen, but unfortunately the commit deadlines for this patch were moved up by a week with practically no warning, which unfortunately made it completely impossible for us to do so. We've scrambled to commit some of the most errant bugs introduced with 2.8 despite this, and added a few tiny additions (e.g. new airbrake textures) - but overall it will be a disappointing point release.

We instead set our sights on the December patch which is when we will be introducing the rest of the planned changes. Damage modeling improvements, some more new artwork, vapor effects, sounds and a slew of system and bugfixes are the primary focus. We also hope to correct some of the more egregious performance introduced recently, and will be introducing some of MYSE's tweaks to various aspects (HUD graphics and more). Exhaustive list to come, but it should be a significant step up for the Viggen. The end of this year is very much Viggen focused in order to deliver much overdue additions.

Thank you as always for your patience and your feedback,
Heatblur Viggen Team

And nothing appeared in the december update.....and so on...etc etc sinces monthes ( years?)...

This reminds me that:

HB makes no mistakes: i am happy with what i have but really .....I thrust on you on your quality products but i don't thrust you anymore about your postings on the forum...

I just read the changelog on reddit ( thx Myse for the info) also disregard my post above: thx

Edited by Spirale
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Saab87 said:

It's a bit frustrating reading today's patch notes because the big Viggen patch isn't included…..

Have you tried the updated DCS version yet?  .. hopefully the update for the Viggen is in there and only the changelog text is missing 🙏

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Just now, Бойовий Сокіл said:

Of all places why the hell are they using reddit to communicate? Why not just use forums.

They usually do both, but probably haven't had time to post it here yet (the Reddit comment is literally only a few minutes old still)

• 10 months later...