Question Can I fire weapons with out tell George AI. ?

KoN

So i have the hind and love the way i can tell Petro to lock a target and yet i can choose and fire my weapons at will . 

Is this possible with George Ai  . I get him to lock target yet when i choose and press trigger nothing happens i get weapons flash on HUD . 

I have to tell him {long-UP } to engage . ? 

Am i doing some thing wrong . 

Gigabyte - X570 UD ~ Ryzen - 5600X @ 4.7 - Pulse - RX-6800 -  XPG 32:GB @ 3200 - VKB - Gunfighter 4 - STECs - Throttle - Crosswinds Rudders - Trackir 5 .

I'm a dot . Pico Nero 3 link VR . @ 4k

Win 11 Pro 64Bit .

After he is lasing the target for you, you have to "WAS" Missiles yourself in the backseat, then fire off a missile. 

The next time you tell him to lase a new target, he will WAS the missiles back again, so you have to WAS them yourself again.  Only one crew-member can have control of a weapons system at a time (with the exception of rockets in COOP mode).

• ED Team
18 minutes ago, Floyd1212 said:

The next time you tell him to lase a new target, he will WAS the missiles back again, so you have to WAS them yourself again. 

As of the most recent Open Beta patch, this is no longer necessary.

There is a 4th AI weapon assignment now in the AI Interface: "NO WPN", and when set to this George CPG will de-action all weapons. If he is tracking a target, you can use AI Interface command Right-Short, which will toggle between commanding him to designate the target with his LRFD or stop designating. This allows you to direct him to simply lase for your missiles without going through the "trickery" as before.

You won't get the correct time-of-flight countdowns since you can't use the laser as a range source in the backseat (except for COOP rockets), but it gives the player more direct control over missile shots.

• Thanks 3

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head

I just use the command where I tell him to fire, and assign it to the same trigger as I use for firing weapons, but with a modifier.

This way I use George to find and lase a target. 

Hold the modifier button and press trigger. This way he will only fire 1 missile. And if I tell him to lock a new target, he will not fire anything until I tell him to engage again.

I noticed the new no weapon AI action, but wasn‘t aware I can tell George to lase or not as well. Very interesting, I‘ll try it…. 

DCS MT 2.9.4.53707
Modules: UH-1H - SA342 - KA-50 BS3 - MI-24P - MI-8MTV2 - AH-64D - UH-60L(Mod) - A-10CII - F-16C - F/A-18C - FC3 -Combined Arms
 - Supercarrier - NTTR - Normandy2.0 - Persian Gulf - Syria - SA - Sinai - Afghanistan(Preorder) — Waiting for: OH-58D - BO-105 - CH-47F - AH-1G/F(Mod) - OH-6(Mod) - Kola  - Australia - Iraq

DCS-Client: 10900K, 64GB 3600, RTX3090, 500GB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCS), VR VivePro2, PointCTRL, VaicomPro, Wacom Intuos S with VRK v2Beta

DCS-DServer: 11600KF, 32GB 3600, GTX1080, 1TB M2 NVMe(win10), 2TB M2 NVMe(DCSDServer), DCS Olympus

Simpit: NLR Flightsim Pro, TM Warthog(40cm Ext., Dampers) + Throttle, Komodo Pedals with Dampers, VPC Rotorplus+CBkit+AH-64D Grip, NLR HF8, Buttkicker (3*MiniConcert), TotalControls AH64D MPD‘s, TM 2*MFD‘s, Streamdecks (1*32,3*15,1*6), VPC CP#1

• ED Team
2 hours ago, Floyd1212 said:

Very handy!

18 minutes ago, corbu1 said:

I noticed the new no weapon AI action, but wasn‘t aware I can tell George to lase or not as well. Very interesting, I‘ll try it…. 

Yeah, it certainly gives the player a little more control of precisely when to lase, which can be very useful for all sorts of situations.

When it comes down to it, there really isn't much physical difference between pressing a button to tell George to fire a missile or pulling the trigger yourself. But in my opinion, there is a subtle but very distinct difference between the two, even in a simulation game. It gives the player a sense of ownership of that weapon, which (in my personal opinion) is somewhat lost when you are asking an AI crewmember to do it for you.

• Like 2

Afterburners are for wussies...hang around the battlefield and dodge tracers like a man.
DCS Rotor-Head