UFC BU page

Foka
Go to solution Solved by toilet2000,

• ED Team

Just select the COMM radio you want to edit, select the channel, and type in the frequency you want to assign to it. 

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

When your UFC is broken, it has a lot of practical use in replacing the UFC. We don't get UFC failures very often in our Hornet, or IRL for that matter, but as UFC is kind of critical for being able to do anything except fly the ship in the most basic way, a backup is nice to have. IRL you can get a system fail in such a way that it won't respond to UFC, but will to UFC BU.

In our Hornet, it's there because it's there in the real jet. That and MUMI were the only pages missing, now it's just MUMI, which is related to DTC functionality, so we don't have it yet (ED wanted a static placeholder so that it's less obvious it's unfinished).

Plus, you can use it to make your own radio presets.

Edited by Dragon1-1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Dragon1-1 said:

When your UFC is broken, it has a lot of practical use in replacing the UFC. We don't get UFC failures very often in our Hornet, or IRL for that matter, but as UFC is kind of critical for being able to do anything except fly the ship in the most basic way, a backup is nice to have. IRL you can get a system fail in such a way that it won't respond to UFC, but will to UFC BU.

In our Hornet, it's there because it's there in the real jet. That and MUMI were the only pages missing, now it's just MUMI, which is related to DTC functionality, so we don't have it yet (ED wanted a static placeholder so that it's less obvious it's unfinished).

Don't forget ROE/IFF and CAS,

• Solution
1 hour ago, Foka said:

Anyone has some ideo of what is the usefulness of BU page?
There is no new functionality, nothing we couldn't do on UFC. I can't see practical use of it.

As BU means Back Up, it is a backup page for the UFC, useful when there's a fault or issue with the UFC.

By its very definition, it should not add anything in terms of functionality to the UFC.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BIGNEWY said:

Just select the COMM radio you want to edit, select the channel, and type in the frequency you want to assign to it. 

Yes, I do understand HOW it works. The question is WHY. The page has exactly same functions we already have on UFC.

And no, your answer is not a solution to the question.

1 hour ago, Dragon1-1 said:

I have never encountered UFC failure. Hornet's damage model is nearly digital - everything works or you're dead. Even if not dead aircraft is not flayable and falling down.

Only other situation I noticed is when hit with gun rounds it can loose fuel.

So ok, it's googd we have a system that exists in real plane, but it's useless in DCS.

I have never encountered UFC failure. Hornet's damage model is nearly digital - everything works or you're dead. Even if not dead aircraft is not flayable and falling down.

Only other situation I noticed is when hit with gun rounds it can loose fuel.

So ok, it's googd we have a system that exists in real plane, but it's useless in DCS.
Going to complain about the HUD designation reticle too? Never get a HUD failure where you'd need to do a INS fix later would you?

BU should have some other functions, but it's great for seeing the presets.
  • Like 1

As far as I can tell, the only function described in the -000 NATOPS is backup COMM preset frequency control.

Granted, additional functionality may be documented elsewhere.

Edited by Tholozor

REAPER 51 | Tholozor
VFA-136 (c.2007): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3305981/
Arleigh Burke Destroyer Pack (2020): https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3313752/