[Falklands] Thanks for the Nov-22 Update

Rudel_chw

Hi, just a note of appreciation to Razbam for today's update ... particularly the addition of more airfields:

Ā 

aZkAY7E.jpg

Ā 

and also the improved night lighting:

Ā 

8HTMvyJ.jpg

Ā 

Great map, I'm loving flying on itĀ šŸ‘

• Like 12

Ā 

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Yes, also the improved/ sharpened ground textures! I do notice the Pop in distance for Ā buildings seems very short. I have visibility in extreme, but unlike other maps where I can see everything at decent distances and the detail level increases, on SA You can see some buildings but most arenā€™t even rendering until very close. Nothing, nothing, then all of a sudden all of the towns buildings start showing up when youā€™re almost on top of themā€¦

Was mine just freaking out? Maybe certain locations? Others seeing the same?

Donā€™t get me wrong, I love the SA map and appreciate all of the hard work! Always improving!

Edited by MadKreator

Intel i7 13700k, ASUS Ā rog strix z790A, 64gigs G.Skill Trident DDR5 @6400Mhz, Nvidia Ā RTX 4080FE, 2x 2TB Samsung M.2 NVME, 2x 1TB Samsung SSD, Ā Corsair RM1000x, Corsair h100i 240mm cooler, Lian Li LanCool 3, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate, VKB STECS , MFG Crosswinds, Track IR5, 48ā€ LG UltraGear OLED & HP 24ā€ touchscreen for Helios, Streamdeck XL, DCS-UFC App, Corsair Virtuoso RGB Headphones

I really love the progression on this module! It's such a nice map and it gets better and better. Keep it up! :thumbup:

• Like 1

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Ā 

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Ā 

Tornado3 small.jpg

Thank you Razbam for the work provided on your map
Honestly I didn't believe it anymore I had a little give up on an update of SA.
Thanks for proving me wrong.
However, I noticed that there was always this drop in FPS for me below 800 feet, I hope you are working on it? unless it's just me that's the problem!
once again thank you for your efforts.šŸ‘

Thank you indeed, yes superb explore today and an awesome map to just cruise around in šŸ™‚

Edited by Marshallman

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHzĀ Ā  Turbo 5.1 GHz, Asus Prime Motherboard B460M-A, Nvidia Geoforce RTX4090, 64gB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR 3600Mhz,Windows 10 Pro Reverb G2V2

thanks for the feedback, always appreciated and spurs us on to include some really cool stuff in the coming months šŸ™‚

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Custom built W10 Pro 64Bit, Intel Core i9 9900k, Asus ROG Maximus Code XI Z390, 64GB DDR4 3200 RGB, Samsung 1TB NVme M.2 Drive, Gigabyte AORUS 2080TI, 40" Iiyama Display. Wacom Cintiq Pro 24, HOTAS Virpil T50 Stick / FA-18C TM Stick and Virpil T50 Throttle, MFG Crosswind Graphite Pedals. HP Reverb

Ā 

SPECTER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ā 

Lead Terrain Developer / Texture Artist

3 hours ago, Raz_Specter said:

thanks for the feedback, always appreciated and spurs us on to include some really cool stuff in the coming months šŸ™‚

Hi, are there any plans for next Development update (the colored progress map)? I assume the areas around the new airfields are more or less done, but I'm interested in the overall completion. I decided to wait a bit before purchasing back in june, and wonder how far are you now.

Firstly thanks for continued work, its definitely looking better and I hope you dont mind me sounding both positive and a little negative, but in the spirit of constructive feedback can I ask about the textures? I understand there was improvements to these, can you throw a little more light on this please? On a quick flight last night in the Puerto Natales area, I did find that there are still lots of texture issues, two examples enclosed ( runway textures and snow textures) It would be good to understand in more detail what improvements are planned, how these will be implemented and what we can expect. When the map was first released, I understood that Razbam did expect to be looking at much higher detail resolution and possibly a low and high quality version, to suit those with and without the hardware to support this.

Separately, are there also plans to increase the resolution or rendering of the mountains? For example, you can see in the snow texture picture that the edges of the mountains are drawn extremely simply with straight lines, which makes them very unrealistic close up. What plans ( and how) are there to deal with this please?Ā 

Thank you!Ā 

Ā 

RW.jpg

snow.jpg

Edited by markturner1960
  • Like 1

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090Ā Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 NeoĀ monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti,Ā 50 inch Phillips monitor

Ā F/A-18C:Ā Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB AcesĀ  seatĀ :cool:Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā 

Viper: WinWingĀ MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders.Ā 

Helo ( Apache) set up:Ā Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic :Ā Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,Ā  TEDAC Unit.Ā 

Ā 

On 11/19/2022 at 6:28 PM, markturner1960 said:

Firstly thanks for continued work, its definitely looking better and I hope you dont mind me sounding both positive and a little negative, but in the spirit of constructive feedback can I ask about the textures? I understand there was improvements to these, can you throw a little more light on this please? On a quick flight last night in the Puerto Natales area, I did find that there are still lots of texture issues, two examples enclosed ( runway textures and snow textures) It would be good to understand in more detail what improvements are planned, how these will be implemented and what we can expect. When the map was first released, I understood that Razbam did expect to be looking at much higher detail resolution and possibly a low and high quality version, to suit those with and without the hardware to support this.

Separately, are there also plans to increase the resolution or rendering of the mountains? For example, you can see in the snow texture picture that the edges of the mountains are drawn extremely simply with straight lines, which makes them very unrealistic close up. What plans ( and how) are there to deal with this please?Ā 

Thank you!Ā 

Ā 

RW.jpg

snow.jpg

I don't think it's realistic to expect all those mountains on the map to get fine tuned by hand. There are just way to many of them.

It's kinda the same on Caucasus:
image.png

Edited by QuiGon
  • Like 1

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Ā 

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Ā 

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/19/2022 at 5:28 PM, markturner1960 said:

Thank you!Ā 

Ā 

RW.jpg

snow.jpg

Ā 

with respect to the mountains, the issue we face is that increasing the geometry also increases the size of the surface file, now if it was just a case of a few mountains, no issue, but we have 10s of thousands of them.Ā  We have tried to address this slightly by using normal maps which does improve things from the initial release.

i am running a 4090 atm so pushing everything to the max doesn't affect me, but we have to consider all the people that do not have high end stuff also.

with reference to the surface textures, I have changed all of the vegetation and noise maps across the whole map which when you look at the floor gives better detail and colour.

Ā 

thanks Specter

Edited by Raz_Specter
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Custom built W10 Pro 64Bit, Intel Core i9 9900k, Asus ROG Maximus Code XI Z390, 64GB DDR4 3200 RGB, Samsung 1TB NVme M.2 Drive, Gigabyte AORUS 2080TI, 40" Iiyama Display. Wacom Cintiq Pro 24, HOTAS Virpil T50 Stick / FA-18C TM Stick and Virpil T50 Throttle, MFG Crosswind Graphite Pedals. HP Reverb

Ā 

SPECTER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ā 

Thanks for the feedback Specter, obviously, not being a dev, I have a lesser understanding of whats involved, but I did do a fair bit of dabbling with photscenery and meshes in FSX several years ago. It was very possible back then to get great looking mountain scenery and textures, albeit at the cost of needing a lot of disk space. So I guess I was hoping that a decade of development would mean perhaps we could expect some better resolution in a new scenery. Syria for example seems to have very detailed mountains and cliffs.....? @Guigon - I know this, but Caucusus was the first map and later releases such as Syria are better.....

Scepter, In your reply you did not mention the possible options of a high and low resolution version of the map...it was mentioned initially, is this no longer an option? While there are many users who maybe dont have the GPU horsepower and disk space to run this, there are an equal number who do I feel......many who flight sim as a hobby invest huge amounts in PC and peripheral hardware and its a shame if they are not catered for as well, being arguably the lifeblood of the genre, rather than the more casual flier.....

Ā 

Thanks!

• Like 1

System specs: PC1 :Scan 3XS Ryzen 5900X, 64GB Corsair veng DDR4 3600, EVGA GTX 3090Ā Win 10, Quest Pro, Samsung Odyssey G9 NeoĀ monitor. Tir5. PC2 ( Helo) Scan 3XS Intel 9900 K, 32 GB Ram, 2080Ti,Ā 50 inch Phillips monitor

Ā F/A-18C:Ā Rhino FFB base TianHang F16 grip, Winwing MP 1, F-18 throttle, TO & Combat panels, MFG crosswind & DFB AcesĀ  seatĀ :cool:Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā  Ā 

Viper: WinWingĀ MFSSB base with F-16 grip, Winwing F-16 throttle, plus Vipergear ICP. MFG crosswind rudders.Ā 

Helo ( Apache) set up:Ā Virpil collective with AH64D grip, Cyclic :Ā Rhino FFB base & TM F18 grip, MFG crosswind rudders, Total controls AH64 MFD's,Ā  TEDAC Unit.Ā 

Ā 

On 12/17/2022 at 9:55 AM, markturner1960 said:

Thanks for the feedback Specter, obviously, not being a dev, I have a lesser understanding of whats involved, but I did do a fair bit of dabbling with photscenery and meshes in FSX several years ago. It was very possible back then to get great looking mountain scenery and textures, albeit at the cost of needing a lot of disk space. So I guess I was hoping that a decade of development would mean perhaps we could expect some better resolution in a new scenery. Syria for example seems to have very detailed mountains and cliffs.....? @Guigon - I know this, but Caucusus was the first map and later releases such as Syria are better.....

Scepter, In your reply you did not mention the possible options of a high and low resolution version of the map...it was mentioned initially, is this no longer an option? While there are many users who maybe dont have the GPU horsepower and disk space to run this, there are an equal number who do I feel......many who flight sim as a hobby invest huge amounts in PC and peripheral hardware and its a shame if they are not catered for as well, being arguably the lifeblood of the genre, rather than the more casual flier.....

Ā 

Thanks!

we are investigating with ED atm

Ā 

SPECTER

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Ā 

Great thanks...if this was possible it would be great as you would be pleasing all the all the time, rather than 50% of them! Fingers crossed!Ā 

Ā