No Cargo indicator in the Mi-24?

TAIPAN_

Just mapping keys and starting to learn this beast.

In the Huey, Hip, and Blackshark there is a Cargo Indicator that looks like this screenshot.

image.png

However in the Hind I can't find it. Curious what the reason is?

Is it something to come later because of early access? Or is it just not being done anymore because not realistic or something?

Or is it actually there I just haven't got it to work yet?null

• Like 1

Pimax Crystal VR & Simpit User | Ryzen CPU & Nvidia RTX GPU | Some of my mods

1 minute ago, TAIPAN_ said:

Just mapping keys and starting to learn this beast.

In the Huey, Hip, and Blackshark there is a Cargo Indicator that looks like this screenshot.

image.png

However in the Hind I can't find it. Curious what the reason is?

Is it something to come later because of early access? Or is it just not being done anymore because not realistic or something?

Or is it actually there I just haven't got it to work yet?null

I think it's planned for later...... maybe

DCS: Mi-24P by Eagle Dynamics

known issues: first page of Mi-24 (and Mi-8MTV2) kneeboard is empty

• Controls menu change. Cockpit layers are separated to “MI-24P PIlot” and “Mi-24P Copilot-Gunner” (Controls rebinding is needed).
  • Fixed: launch authorization desync in multicrew
  • Added Training Mission. Rockets and Gun (30-mm) employment
  • Fixed: Operator cockpit door desync in multicrew
  • Fixed: AI-9V engine pressure gauge showing low pressure
  • Fixed: IR suppressing device preventing engines from start in high temperature and altitude conditions
  • Fixed: 9K113. Wrong usage of “DIAFR open” service feature allowing to launch ATGM at any angle. Exploit can’t be used anymore. Feature adjusted to realistic service operation (right “service side” of 9K113 panel working only in CHECK mode).
  •  
  • Fixed: External cargo has no weight (whole cargo feature implementation is still WIP)

• Like 3

• 5 months later...

Yes I was sad to not see this, but if we had a crew chief they wouldn’t even be able to see the cargo like the Mi-8 crew chief can. 

Insteas of going through the frame it’s a box kindve attached to the bottom, you’d have to open the window/door and stick your head out a lot🤣

Even if that’s not the intended purpose, it will be in my head until we have a cargo indicator😅

IMG_6276.jpeg

Edited by AeriaGloria
  • Like 3

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
27 minutes ago, mehksauce said:

Any update on this?

No, but if you turn on the assistant you will receive voice prompts, right, left, forward and distance. The fact that it is in Russian. However, it works great, there is no problem with taking the external cargo.

Webmaster of http://www.yoyosims.pl

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

3 hours ago, YoYo said:

No, but if you turn on the assistant you will receive voice prompts, right, left, forward and distance. The fact that it is in Russian. However, it works great, there is no problem with taking the external cargo.

How do i turn on the assistant?

3 hours ago, mehksauce said:

How do i turn on the assistant?

Check Chuck’s Guide, 243 page, I recive those infos:

”Hover about 10 ft (approx. 3 meters) above the target. The Co-Pilot will give you corrections (i.e. “Forward, Left.”) Consult the Doppler Hover & Low Speed Control Indicator for help.”

+ red smoke.

Edited by YoYo

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

Win 10 64, i9-13900 KF, RTX  4090 24Gb OC, RAM 64Gb Corsair Vengeance LED OC@3600MHz,, 3xSSD+3xSSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5, [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor2, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: Meta Quest Pro

1 hour ago, YoYo said:

Check Chuck’s Guide, 243 page, I recive those infos:

”Hover about 10 ft (approx. 3 meters) above the target. The Co-Pilot will give you corrections (i.e. “Forward, Left.”) Consult the Doppler Hover & Low Speed Control Indicator for help.”

+ red smoke.

ty

7 hours ago, mehksauce said:

ty

According me the range is bigger, not 3 meters and above only, the advices appear near 10 or 15 even meters near the cargo (30 - 45 ft).

Yoyosimsbanner.gif

9 hours ago, YoYo said:

According me the range is bigger, not 3 meters and above only, the advices appear near 10 or 15 even meters near the cargo (30 - 45 ft).

little trick i learned recently is to set my radar altimeter warning thingy (im new so i have no idea what you call it lol) so that when im going for a hover i can have that bit of extra sound cue to let me know if im below the w/e height i set it for, if i want to be at a hover of 15 meters, ill set the knob to 20 so when i hear the beep tone  ill have that simple easy to pick up feedback

• Like 1