Problem with Jester/VAICOM and LANTIRN?

bonesvf103

I flew an MP mission Wed night and I had a target which was located near WP4 (which in the Bombcat was ST).  I told Jester "Track Surface Target" and he put the LANTIRN right at that WP.  I jumped in back, undesignated, fine tuned it to the EW site that was next to that WP, then redesignated.  I jumped back into the front pit and saw that Jester put it back on the surface target instead of my new designation.  I told him "track designation" and I'd hear the beep from VAICOM Pro accept it and him say roger but he would put it back to ST instead of my designated target every time.  So I couldn't make the drop.  I tried to jump in the back after the drop and track the target myself but there was no time and I was fired on by MiG-25s.  So we died.

I played a separate mission afterwards and again struck an EW site.  I did everything the same and that time he tracked the target that I redesignated and we hit it.  So what gives?  The only other thing that was really different was the first mission was at night and the 2nd was in the day, but I doubt that matters...

v6,

boNes

"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot

16 minutes ago, bonesvf103 said:

I flew an MP mission Wed night and I had a target which was located near WP4 (which in the Bombcat was ST).  I told Jester "Track Surface Target" and he put the LANTIRN right at that WP.  I jumped in back, undesignated, fine tuned it to the EW site that was next to that WP, then redesignated.  I jumped back into the front pit and saw that Jester put it back on the surface target instead of my new designation.  I told him "track designation" and I'd hear the beep from VAICOM Pro accept it and him say roger but he would put it back to ST instead of my designated target every time.  So I couldn't make the drop.  I tried to jump in the back after the drop and track the target myself but there was no time and I was fired on by MiG-25s.  So we died.

I played a separate mission afterwards and again struck an EW site.  I did everything the same and that time he tracked the target that I redesignated and we hit it.  So what gives?  The only other thing that was really different was the first mission was at night and the 2nd was in the day, but I doubt that matters...

v6,

boNes

So in the first mission, vaicom was registering your commands, Jester was acknowledging your vaicom commands, and then he designated incorrectly, and actually changed the target designated after you corrected it. Definitely not the way it should work, but what makes you think this is a vaicom issue? It kinda sounds like the problem was Jester behavior…

Edited by Horns
Typo

Modules: [A-10C] [AJS 37] [AV8B N/A] [F-5E] [F-14] [F/A-18C] [FC3] [Ka-50] [M-2000C] [Mig-21 bis] [NTTR] [PG] [SC]

Intel i7-12700F, Nvidia GTX 3080, MSI MPG Z690 Carbon WiFi, 32GB DDR4 @ 1600 MHz, SteelSeries Apex Pro, Razer Basilisk 3

VKB Gunfighter 3 w/ F-14 grip, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster MFD Cougars x2, MFG Crosswind,

DSD Flight Series button controller, XK-24, Oculus Rift (HM-A)