Open XR Toolkit Turbo Mode

PLUTON

Thank you mbuchia for your answer.
I tried to fly with Turbo Mode activated but it's a disaster, the game starts to stutter a lot and becomes unplayable and when I deactivate it everything becomes fluid again.
once again thank you for your help.
Good flight to you👍

Thank you mbuchia for your answer.
I tried to fly with Turbo Mode activated but it's a disaster, the game starts to stutter a lot and becomes unplayable and when I deactivate it everything becomes fluid again.
once again thank you for your help.
Good flight to you
Probably it is just because with turbo mode motion smoothing doesn't work

🖥️ R7-5800X3D 64GB RTX-4090 LG-38GN950  🥽  Valve Index 🕹️ VPForce Rhino FFB, Virpil F-14 (VFX) Grip, Virpil Alpha Grip, Virpil CM3 Throttle + Control Panel 2, Winwing Orion (Skywalker) Pedals, Razer Tartarus V2 💺SpeedMaster Flight Seat, JetSeat

CVW-17_Profile_Background_VF-103.png

I redid my settings and I tried again with the turbo mode and surprise it works pretty well for the moment, with the 2.8 I had lost about 15 fps (from 60fps to 45 fps) now with the turbo mode I'm back to 60 fps with msaa x2 in addition.
Hope it will last that way.🤗

Turbo mode will never improve your appGPU frametime.

To the best of my understanding, when below refresh rate, WMR will force the the FPS to a lower value (relative to appGPU) in certain circumstances.  For example you might be getting 17ms appGPU which equates to 58fps, yet the FPS counter could be reading 45fps (22ms appGPU).  Sometimes it will manifest, sometimes it won't.

Ryzen7 7800X3D / RTX3080ti / 64GB DDR5 4800 / Varjo Aero / Leap Motion / Kinect Headtracking
TM 28" Warthog Deltasim Hotas / DIY Pendular Rudders / DIY Cyclic Maglock Trimmer / DIY Abris / TM TX 599 evo wheel / TM T3PA pro / DIY 7+1+Sequential Shifter / DIY Handbrake / Cobra Clubman Seat
Shoehorned into a 43" x 43" cupboard.

I believe you Mr Edmuss
  but as I am not a very big computer expert I only say what I see on my
helmet or screen (the figures) so could you explain to me why when I activate Turbo mode my fps is at 60/61 Fps and when I deactivate it my Fps drops between 40/45 Fps? And that every time I do it?
however that it displays 60/61 or 40/45 Fps it is still as fluid.
At the level of the image nothing changes, what changes is just the different Fps. Weird, isn't it?
In the meantime thank you for the answer Mr edmuss🤗

I still hope for your comments because I like to learn from those who know it, thank you in advance👍

There is a caveat in the details of turbo mode from mbucchia page which may explain what you see and feel:

Any statistics or performance measuring tool might now present incorrect data

MAIN SYSTEM SPECS: MSI PRO Z690-A WIFI DDR4, Intel Corei7-12700K @ 5.0, 64Gb RAM Kingston KF3600C18D4/16GX, EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING 12GB, Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, VKB Gladiator NXT Evo, VKB T-Rudder MKIV, Quest 2, Quest Pro

BACKUP SYSTEM SPECS: Lenovo Legion Y540-15IRH, i7 9750, RTX2060mobile 6GB, 32GB RAM Crucial DDR4-2666, 1TB Intel SSD NVMe

SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11